The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Is set changes retroactive?

RollDodger
RollDodger
✭✭
for example Arch-Mage

any1 can test pls?
i have one at the guildstore but on PTS all guildstores are clear

look at this
current vr14 purple
gVz56uP.jpg
PTS vr16 gold
ptZ6N5d.jpg

Edited by RollDodger on August 23, 2015 10:00AM
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have always been retroactive in the past. Don't think it'll be different this time.
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heard this set was getting nerfed in next update
    Options
  • RollDodger
    RollDodger
    ✭✭
    look at this

current vr14 purple

gVz56uP.jpg

PTS vr16 gold

ptZ6N5d.jpg

Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course it is retroactive... All existing pieces will be adjusted... Same goes for martial knowledge (which I confirmed on the pts).

Once the patch hits the live servers, you're item in the store will be changed to the new (lower) values
    Edited by Darlon on August 23, 2015 10:07AM
    Options
  • RollDodger
    RollDodger
    ✭✭
    why i cant see this sets changes in the patchnotes??

any other ets will be changed too? or only martial knowledge and Arch-mage?
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is in the patch notes. They just don't name specific sets, just that they changed weapon and spell power values on 2 and 4 set bonuses...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2074067/#Comment_2074067
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont see why they cant a function to alert you of said change, maybe a highlight around your armor or something, i get theres alot of sets but some of these really change the whole build of your character, who checks there armor aside from repairs? we get an alert when we do something to skill points or stats.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont know why they nerfed this set, it wasnt overpowered at all, it was very good, yes, but there are way more powerful sets out there, why they nerf(destroy) this I have no idea. The 5 set bonus on archmage is basicly useless now, heavy attacks are barely done already and 600ish magicka back is trivial. There are far better sets out there to retrieve magicka in the roughly same manner.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Dont know why they nerfed this set, it wasnt overpowered at all, it was very good, yes, but there are way more powerful sets out there, why they nerf(destroy) this I have no idea. The 5 set bonus on archmage is basicly useless now, heavy attacks are barely done already and 600ish magicka back is trivial. There are far better sets out there to retrieve magicka in the roughly same manner.

they did this to alot of good sets, making a change just to say to change it i suppose
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they are trying to make the game more 'challenging' by buffing monsters and nerfing players... and then they'll soon see the results once this goes Live when players fill the forums with complaints about how they are quitting because the game suddenly became too difficult. This is what happens when devs only listen to the min/maxers and not the everyday people playing the game- obviously the game will be much easier for min/maxers but the majority of players are not at this level and simply want to play the game and have fun, not be challenged and/or die frequently.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Because they are trying to make the game more 'challenging' by buffing monsters and nerfing players... and then they'll soon see the results once this goes Live when players fill the forums with complaints about how they are quitting because the game suddenly became too difficult. This is what happens when devs only listen to the min/maxers and not the everyday people playing the game- obviously the game will be much easier for min/maxers but the majority of players are not at this level and simply want to play the game and have fun, not be challenged and/or die frequently.

hmm sounds like the truth to me
    Options
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    This is what happens when devs only listen to the min/maxers and not the everyday people playing the game

How many min/maxers asked for a reduction of weapon/spell power on all sets? That's a weird thing to ask for.
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
    Options