The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

The way blocking stop stamina regeneration

Leonis
Leonis
✭✭
If i understand well how it work, when you block, the stamina regeneration stop and when you stop blocking, you have to wait 2 seconds to have the first tick.
Thus, if you are about to have a tick of stamina regeneration and you block 0.2 seconds, you will miss this tick and have to wait another 2 seconds...
Maybe, i'm wrong and will test it this evening but it's what i've readen.
I don't ask to allow stamina regeneration while blocking but can we have this a little bit changed ? @ZOS_RichLambert

Exemple :
  1. When you block, the timer of stamina regeneration which tick every 2 seconds is paused and not reseted :
    Thus, if you are about to have a tick of stamina regeneration and you block 0.2 seconds, you will have the tick as soon as you stop blocking.
  2. The stamina regeneration tick every 1 second, in order to reduce the loss.

Edit :

Seems to work this way :

When you block, the timer of stamina regeneration which tick every 2 seconds is paused and not reseted :
Thus, if you are about to have a tick of stamina regeneration and you block 0.2 seconds, you will have the tick as soon as you stop blocking.
Edited by Leonis on August 21, 2015 6:26PM
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I noticed that I would frequently miss 2 ticks of Regen even after a short 2 sec block. Very difficult for a Stam DPS in PvP after the cost increase to roll dodge as well.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      Options
    1. Ezareth
      Ezareth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yup, and it works the same if you're one of the people like me who use the default UI for bashing and break free both of which turn into "blocks".
      Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
      Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
      Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
      Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
      Ezareth PvP on Youtube
      Options
    2. Swarog
      Swarog
      ✭✭✭
      Initial idea to stop stamina regen is wrong.

We have no way to regen but we can return stamina from passives, actives, ultimates, sets which leads us to the same regen but by the other means. We will not solve the problem (permablock) such a way. We can only kill the fun from tanking. There are much better solutions of this problem offered by community.

Permablock should exist in my opinion but with high deminishing return for DPS. Tanks will not loose almost nothing. Damagers with permablock will be neutralized.
      Edited by Swarog on August 21, 2015 3:48PM
      $ Welcome to the new trade guild The Wolves. Our trader located in Wayrest. Join us! Send me mail or /tell to @swarog.
      Options
    3. eventide03b14a_ESO
      eventide03b14a_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Swarog wrote: »
      Initial idea to stop stamina regen is wrong.

We have no way to regen but we can return stamina from passives, actives, ultimates, sets which leads us to the same regen but by the other means. We will not solve the problem (permablock) such a way. We can only kill the fun from tanking. There are much better solutions of this problem offered by community.

Permablock should exist in my opinion but with high deminishing return for DPS. Tanks will not loose almost anything. Damagers with permablock will be neutralized.

This came as a result of permablocking and block casting. Two of the most illogical mechanics I have ever seen in a game. I for one am glad there is finally a little skill required.

Ou88mWn.jpg

Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on August 21, 2015 3:52PM
      :trollin:
      Options
    4. Robbmrp
      Robbmrp
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Leonis wrote: »
      If i understand well how it work, when you block, the stamina regeneration stop and when you stop blocking, you have to wait 2 seconds to have the first tick.

Thus, if you are about to have a tick of stamina regeneration and you block 0.2 seconds, you will miss this tick and have to wait another 2 seconds...

Maybe, i'm wrong and will test it this evening but it's what i've readen.

I don't ask to allow stamina regeneration while blocking but can we have this a little bit changed ? @ZOS_RichLambert

Exemple :
      1. When you block, the timer of stamina regeneration which tick every 2 seconds is paused and not reseted :
      2. The stamina regeneration tick every 1 second, in order to reduce the loss.

It sounds like they basically set is as a "Reset". Anytime you click block, your Regen timer is back at 0. This is costing us more stamina than they probably intended. They should set the coding to stop upon block and start immediately at the same spot when it's dropped. Then if your 1 second into a tick and block, one second after you stop blocking you get the tick.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, if we are blocking and let it down for 1.5 seconds and block again, we'll never get a regen tick of Stamina. In all styles of game play we could run into this situation. Why was it setup as a "Reset" and void out any time we would have had prior to blocking?
      NA Server - Kildair
      Options
    5. Xeniph
      Xeniph
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have said this very same thing in quite a few threads. No response as of yet.

In it's current form, it actually costs stamina based specs more resources to block than magicka, by way of regen loss. Maybe you will get a response, here's hoping.
      Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
      Options
    6. Personofsecrets
      Personofsecrets
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      It is doubtful that anything will be done to how the regeneration ticks work.
      Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
      Options
    7. caperon
      caperon
      ✭✭✭✭
      It is doubtful that anything will be done to how the regeneration ticks work.

It's doubtful they know how to do it.
      Options
    8. Tankqull
      Tankqull
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      endureg lock out should be tied to an actual blocking within the last reg cycle - if you didnt blocked an attack your stamina reg should not be hampered. (simple add a 2sec debuff after blocking an attaack that denies endu reg)

that would fix the issue of using LMB+RMB for breaking free/bashing disabling your stamina reg for one cycle.
      spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
      Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
    9. Stalwart385
      Stalwart385
      ✭✭✭✭
      Poorly done nerf is poorly done. The perma-block nerf turned into a RMB nerf.
      Options
    10. Leonis
      Leonis
      ✭✭
      Tested and it seems ok. In combat if i block, release block, block, .... i still regen stamina.

It's a contradiction of what i've readen on this forum but it make me feel better.

Maybe it doesn't work in some situation... Feel free to test more.
      Options
    11. xaraan
      xaraan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This whole mechanic has been poorly handled.
      -- @xaraan --
      nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
      AD • NA • PC
      Options
    12. Leonis
      Leonis
      ✭✭
      xaraan wrote: »

As i've said, it seems to work well and i was wrong.

Even if you don't like the change, please respect the dev. I'm sure they work hard and love this game and their job.
      Options
    13. Sensesfail13
      Sensesfail13
      ✭✭✭✭
      Leonis wrote: »
      xaraan wrote: »

As i've said, it seems to work well and i was wrong.

Even if you don't like the change, please respect the dev. I'm sure they work hard and love this game and their job.

Oh, And Im sure that the sun wont rise tomorrow and demons hide under my bed. Are you kidding me? This is a half-ass fix to a complicated problem and not only does the community know it but the developers more than know it they just dont care. So, please, dont *** on me and call it rain. The only way its going to be fixed is if the affected speak out against it and the people that are not affected shut their mouths on the topic rather than try to say "well it could work if we derp this way with magicka regen and shield stacking derr" or " Im a magicka nightblade and I dont have problems with stamina at all derp" which is literally what the 50% of the community that accepts these changes are. Respect the developers? Rather than take their time and think things through they read the happy go lucky trolls all over the forums and follow the idiot streamers advice on game mechanics and the game becomes this random nerf ball game where nothing is balanced so they just try to throw a bloody newspaper over the problem like it never happened. Just and fyi, the dog *** stinks, clean it up its not going away.

For any developers reading this ( LOL ): You dont implement no stamina regen/blocking to reduce block casting when it is just as much an integral part of the game, a year and a half into release, as animation canceling is and runs on the same mechanic. (Which you have openly admitted was an unforeseen consequence but is good for the game.)
      What you do is take each individual problem isolate it and see how you can implement changes for the better on them by themselves. Im not going to list the available changes to each individual problem because there are great posts by some great people fighting for their cause all over the forums and are probably more knowledgeable and their arguments have already been beaten to death.
      Pf, I wish I could love my job do horrible work and still KEEP my job. Imagine if the argument above were used for every job out there. " Well the bridge collapsed but Im sure they love their job and work very hard at it so lets not be mad that 100 people died in the river."
      Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
      Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
      Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
      Options