The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

The future of PvP Buffs

Ethoir
Ethoir
✭✭✭
With the 2.1.x update removing "buff servers" and Former Emperor (FEMP) buffs, I've seen threads both good and bad about the topic. This one is likely to also get a mixed bag of responses both for and against what I'm about to suggest.

Scroll, keep and emperor alliance bonuses already are disabled outside of Cyrodiil. We know this since that is the intention of the devs to help remove the concept of "buff servers" so players won't have the benefit of those passives while doing PvE content (like vDSA). Now what if this was extended to within Cyrodiil as well?

I'll lay it out a bit for easier understanding. What I am thinking is to allow only emperor alliance bonuses to apply in Cyrodiil so as to give all 3 sides a more level playing field. What this means:
  • Owning enemy scrolls will no longer give you damage/defense buffs in PvP. Scrolls will become a "bragging rights" thing.
  • Scrolls will still be used as a scoring mechanic in campaigns whose rules allow it.
  • Enemy Keep bonuses will no longer apply weapon/spell critical. They will still increase XP/AP/Gold gain however.
  • The "Emperorship Alliance" HP buff will be the only other buff that will apply to players (they worked for it, they've earned it at that point).
  • Factions will be on more even footing offensively and defensively (not accounting for CP) regardless of if they are the underdog or not.
  • With everyone having the same general offensive/defensive power (not counting CP buffs or armor/weapon choices), battles will be fought differently.

As it is right now, an alliance could grab all the scrolls and make life more miserable for an underdog alliance (map-wise, not what the leaderboard says) by hitting them harder and being more difficult to kill. Well-skilled players (who know who they are) with these buffs are a terror to behold. They don't need the scroll or keep buffs and can still be a right terror without them.

There will be people who will agree and disagree with this concept. Bear in mind that I am thinking of a Cyrodiil where all players involved are on a more even footing. In the end this is just feedback and a suggestion.
Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the point of buffs to begin with. Like why give more power to the winning faction to begin with?
    Options