The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Soul Siphon: the Significant Bug to a Significant Heal

Sneakles
Sneakles
✭✭
Most Nightblades ignore the ultimate Soul Siphon because it excludes healing the caster. I know it has been this way forever but in my opinion this should be considered a bug. There's absolutely no reason why it should heal everyone BUT the caster.

Looking at the skill itself, you can clearly see it doesn't state anything about not healing the caster, it simply says it "heals allies."

cecg7m6aum86.png

When looking at other healing skills, such as Breath of Life and Rite of Passage (listed below) they have the same wording of "healing allies" and yet they also apply to the caster rather than excluding like Soul Siphon does.

o5fn9u8du85w.png
k4r5o2jebvbm.png

Developers please consider changing Soul Siphon to allow it to heal the caster, this would add a refreshing pace to healing for the NB healers out there. It would also allow Soul Siphon to be a desirable ultimate for all builds, rather than just an inferior morph. I'm certain of one thing though, something has to be changed because currently this ultimate tool-tip is downright deceiving.
Edited by Sneakles on August 21, 2015 8:13PM
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please consider using screenshots not from the alpha, and maybe from, I don't know, the current PTS build?
    Options
  • Sneakles
    Sneakles
    ✭✭
    Please consider using screenshots not from the alpha, and maybe from, I don't know, the current PTS build?

Of course. Just edited the post to include more appropriate screen shots.
    Options
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assumed it was a bug since they first adjusted the ultimate. I'm kind of surprised they haven't fixed it yet. It's the only ultimate that has zero benefit to the caster...

Surely not intended, or did they have to make special effort to have it not effect the caster? It would be a powerful "save everyone's life" ultimate, but if you're ever in a situation where you need to use it, you can bet you'll die within seconds after casting it and receiving no heals...
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought, Soul Siphon is the last restoration staff skill :D
    Edited by Dracane on August 21, 2015 9:15PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would really, really love this fixed.
    Options
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , is the nightblade siphoning ultimate "soul siphon" intended to not have any effect on the caster? Currently it provides no healing or any other benefit to the nightblade using it. Can you please let us know if this is a bug or intended, and if it is a bug, could you please let the team know it's not working properly?
    Options
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    If they were on the ball, they'd say "heals OTHER allies". But even now many skills have woefully out-of-date tooltips, esp on the 'new effect' green text when levelling up.
    Options