The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Werewolf/Vampire: passives, problems, praises, pvp

Chrlynsch
Chrlynsch
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
First and foremost a big thumbs up to @ZOS. They are trying new things and mixing it up. My opinions are more influnced by a pvp point of view, but I will do my best to think of rp/pve crowd. Requiring the slotting of a vamp/ww skill in order to get the regen buff helps enforce the lifestyle choice of becoming infected.

Regeneration passives:

-Vampires have much more wiggle room with solid skills, and fantastic ultimate. Working at least one of these skills onto each bars isn't too much of a sacrifice as many people already met this requirement pre-patch.

-Werewolves require their ultimate to be slotted for the regeneration to be unlocked. So in order to keep the regeneration on both bars I now have to Sacrifice both ultimates to Hircine. This is a little tougher to do. I appreciate that this gets rid of "everybody be a werewolf cuz why not.

Is there a better way to make abominations earn their passives without giving up space on our very limited bars, and finally bring purpose to a lacking part of our afflictions? Yes.

FEEDING:

-Vampires in elder scrolls games have always had an interesting trade off when it comes to feeding and not feeding. But in ESO Feeding is very blah, and almost every vamp in Cyrodiil just hangs out at stage 4 in order to get the cheapest batswarm and doesn't bat an eye at the reduced health regen. I'm aware the changes to burst healing, health regen is starting to be looked at differently.

-Werewolf's devour increase time in werewolf form, and provides a nice little heal. Though in order two do this there are some requirements, as a werewolf you have to stop whatever your doing and drop your guard for 3 seconds.... in pvp this is suicide, in pve this leads to massive drops in dps. Secondly in order to get the added time to werewolf the corpse needs to be there at the end of the devour. In order to minimize lag @ZOS made corpses despawn quickly unless holding loot, players in IC really have no reason not to rez instantly after being killed, leaving you no food after a meal.

Feeding as a werewolf or feeding as a Vampire should grant you one hour of regen bonus, non stacking. Werewolf Devour in particular needs to be shorted significantly in order to stay in line with the fast paced state of the game. Make the devour less than 1 sec only enough time for me to wrap my jaws around my prey's throat and taste my kill... taste.... Hircine's chosen don't kill to eat and survive, we kill for the sport and the thrill, @ZOS seems to have confused these two.

Ultimate & Skills:

-Vampires need to fill out their ability tree. My suggesion connect bloodlines, allow clans that vampires can join fusing their current bloodline to that of the clan's. This results in a unique new ability related to that clan. There are soo many clans in ES that you could really have some fun with this one; stealth, transformations, illusions.

-Werewolf transformation in eso is a very tricky thing to nail down between skill line and Ultimate due to how the skill line is accessed.

-Ultimates scales off of highest attribute, Werewolf scales off stamina and weapon damage... like a skill line.
-Its attacks cost resouces... like a skill line
-It has passives... like a skill line
-It has a duration... like an ultimate
-It costs ultimate... like anew ultimate
-Damage is on par... with a skill line
-It doesn't allow ultimate generation while in use... like nothing else in the game

So why does werewolf have a time limit if being in form doesn't make you OP? No darn reason... so let's think of it this way please!

-Werewolf skill line requires the slotting of werewolf on one of your bars
-At anytime 0 cost, you may activate werewolf form, doing so consumes any stored Ultimate and stops Ultimate generation in form.
-The timer is now gone!!!! Stay in werewolf form as long as you want. Devour is now valid as a combat heal/Long term buff granter, much like repetince.
-Damage invulnerability is now gone for transformation animation, it is much shorter on PTS.
-With access to our form anytime we now have to face our poison weakness all the time.
-Bloodrage now increases health regeneration by 15% for 3 seconds when hit.
-The new armor and spell resistance perk is now available the pack leader's morph
-Feral pounce is now a taunt
-Call of the pack now decreases sprint cost be x based on the amount of werewolves around
-increase our detection range

The new Werewolf:

PROS:
-Tank options
-Devour is a option not a nessesity, makes for fluid combat, more survivable with quick heal. Also applies human regen bonus
-You make the beserker black
-Transform to suit your situation, and not be afraid to revert back to human form if need be
-packs have an easier time hunting together
-increased health regeneration when struck
-Fast
-Strong

Cons:
-Can't mount
-Can't stealth
-Increased poison damage all the time
-Ultimate cut off while in form
-No range abilities in form
-Can't battle rez in form
-No Damage shields
-No reflects
-Justice System reacts to transformed werewolves, sorry no Barber Shop Quartets in Mournhold.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_LURK
Edited by Chrlynsch on August 21, 2015 3:52PM
Caius
Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
PC NA
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Some good Points

My biggest issue with the WW in the next patch is still:

WW-Timer way too short
    Feeding Time Way too long
    Despawning of enemies stops feeding. (In Imperial City quite annoying bc you only have to press R to respawn)

High cost of Skills.
    No "good" selfheal (Magicka heal Hircines Rage is a joke)
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    No "good" selfheal (Magicka heal Hircines Rage is a joke)

Battle Spirit healing received -15% to -50%.

Ridiculous, all they had to do was double, this means -15% becomes -30% healing received for a single patch cycle just to see how it goes. But no, better ruin every self-heal which is not Healing Ward by smashing everything down to -50%.

I think they increased XP for Imperial City mobs, even though it was already higher than everywhere else to encourage us to farm 100 red points and 100 blue points for the healing done and healing received champion passives just to negate this terrible battle spirit.

The fact that you have to slot Werewolf Transformation for the regen, definitely needs at least being changed to a toggle which functions similarly to Overload, half the time on Devour animation, keep the timer, keep ultimate generated from in Werewolf form [just like Overload, this is why it should be a toggle].

Then go from there. But hey, these are small changes. When was the last time we ever saw small changes?
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do find the changes annoying, since I only used Vamp for the stealth passive as the abilities were no benefit to me. I also do get why they changed it.

What I have issues with is the way vulnerability is. Imo, everyone who slots any ability from either of those lines should be vulnerable to their element weakness and meet the requirements for the fighters guild stuff, assuming the passive is taken.
    Also, I wouldn't allow any passive to apply unless they slotted an ability. This would ensure that people who took the lines actually had to adopt the play style or they wouldn't receive any benefit. However that would allow the player to choose whether the passives were worth having in any given environment.

But that's just me.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Alcast @Teiji

I've dropped points into healing done/ healing received on PTS (10% for both) and Hircine's heal isn't half bad (isn't half good either).

Agree- Skill cost in werewolf form is a little high... especially the heal... 4k+ with no reductions (light armor staff wielding werewolf )... I've said this before but they should look at providing a stam and magica morph for some werewolf abilies.

Werewolves already have all of the counter balances in place to stop them from being overpowered.

Could someone please provide a reason for werewolves to not get rid of the timer? Seriously one good reason...

Edited by Chrlynsch on August 21, 2015 6:01PM
    Caius
    PC NA
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »
    @Alcast @Teiji

I've dropped points into healing done/ healing received on PTS (10% for both) and Hircine's heal isn't half bad (isn't half good either).

Agree- Skill cost in werewolf form is a little high... especially the heal... 4k+ with no reductions (light armor staff wielding werewolf )... I've said this before but they should look at providing a stam and magica morph for some werewolf abilies.

Werewolves already have all of the counter balances in place to stop them from being overpowered.

Could someone please provide a reason for werewolves to not get rid of the timer? Seriously one good reason...

@Prothwata

One good reason........

4GLZHyl.png
    Edited by OGLezard on August 21, 2015 7:25PM
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

@Prothwata

One good reason........

4GLZHyl.png

:neutral: I think that's the best answer I will get.

Caius
    PC NA
    Options