The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cyrodiil FPS/Lag is fail

c0rp
c0rp
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a pretty good rig...on high/ultra settings I can ride across Cyrodiil at usually around 75-80 FPS. Arrive at a keep which is being fought over by a large amount of people and it tanks to 20 FPS. I've even been down to 15 fps during insane zerg infested keep action. I dont need to say much about the lag that accompanies these battles, we are all familiar.

@zos_BrianWheeler is this the intended experience that Cyrodiil was designed for? If not, will it ever be improved or is ESO PVP just forever destined to be this way?

It's sad that everytime I am involved in an epic, huge battle I am thinking about how much fun it would be with a respectable FPS and no lag, instead of how much fun I am actually having.
Edited by c0rp on July 30, 2014 3:27PM
Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
Disable abilities while holding block.
Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best joke about that is that they will merge servers ;) ->means more numbers and more fps drops and lags! Also no minigames or battlegrounds (small scale pvp) in sight.
  • Atreius86
    Atreius86
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, and if you try to say this in the ingame chat, ppl will start to say that you have just a bad pc so you have to buy a new one, and this is also a problem, because only a portion of players have this fps drop (me included ofc) but in the other side there is a lot of ppl that with the last hotfix has the game working properly even near zergs.

@zos_BrianWheeler and your team please look carefully what you changed in cyrodiil with the 1.2.3 patch (the one that introduced the fps bug) and find what is the problem. Before that patch the game was working fine for all.
  • rich_nicholsonb16_ESO
    This is my problem as well. Ever since patch 1.2.3 the gameplay in cyrodiil has been terrible I have basically given up, real pity as I do love the game but for me it's not worth the sub when you can't play the game how it's intended but I felt before that patch the game was well worth it.
    Patch 1.2.3 nerfed the game....
    Zergballing wrecked pvp......

Now waiting for Camelot Unchained!!
  • bgoldbeck21_ESO
    bgoldbeck21_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I use to be able to enjoy the game on my laptop in the last public beta and early in release. Not anymore. Something has changed in the core of the game for sure for both pvp and pve.
    Nightblade [VR14] - Ebonheart Pact
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-online-subscriber-numbers-revenue/

770k, I don't think the server merge will hurt all that much you seem to be underestimating just how many people have left the game.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    FPS fine for me and my rig is mediocre at best. Im guessing it may be yoru ISP or router. Make sure you have the proper ports open too.
  • Mogdor
    Mogdor
    Soul Shriven
    ^please make it more obvious when you are being sarcastic.. or just dumb.
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah beta was better. Looks like server migration doesnt solve lag issue. Main problem is lag not fps. you cannot cast spell, break your sneak/cc and you cannot mount/dismount because of lag.
    unfortunately im not hopeful that zos will solve the lag..
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FPS fine for me and my rig is mediocre at best. Im guessing it may be yoru ISP or router. Make sure you have the proper ports open too.

It's nothing to do with our isp or routers! I can run bf4 at a steady 110 to 170 fps on ultra...ESO sticks to 100 fps and as soon as I get near a group it drops to like 15 fps. In closed beta i never dropped below 40 fps, something has definitely changed in game.
    Plus zenimax clearly stated it would work on pc's up to 5 years old, you go near a zerg or large group with a 5 year old machine and see how well the game works, it won't!

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/games/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Run-Five-Year-PC-42897.html
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• bgoldbeck21_ESO
    bgoldbeck21_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope ZOS comments on this issue sometime soon. It really does need attention.
    Nightblade [VR14] - Ebonheart Pact
  • Kill_On_Sight
    Kill_On_Sight
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope ZOS comments on this issue sometime soon. It really does need attention.

their only comment will go something like this "Try not to go near those big huge fights." ZoS doesnt want those big huge fights to exist because of the problems from those big huge fights... thats why in the past the only solution they ever talked about is having people spread out more.
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »

770k, I don't think the server merge will hurt all that much you seem to be underestimating just how many people have left the game.

what merger are u talking about wtf
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necroing 1 year old thread...
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raizin wrote: »
    KBKB wrote: »

what merger are u talking about wtf

I second his wtf? A quick search yielded no sources.

[edit]: lol necro thread nvmd.
    Edited by Jahosefat on August 19, 2015 2:46PM
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 of you got pwned by the necro!
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

61651360.jpg
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Necroing 1 year old thread...

haha yea..got fooled ..but funny is, [snip] still persists :D

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Brett on August 20, 2015 9:27AM
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar