The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Give Daedric protection the refreshing shadows treatment

Mr_Koh
Mr_Koh
✭✭✭
So Daedric protection gives health and stam recovery, but you have to slot a Daedric summoning ability. For nightblades they that the refreshing shadows passive that gives them a boost to all recoveries without the need to slot any specific abilities. All I'm asking here is that Daedric protection work like refreshing shadows so I don't feel limited in my build in order to utilize the stam recovery.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please and thank you, ZOS.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you tried the filthy flea bitten mutt ultimate with the floaty pet slotted at the same time that's what 35 percent combined
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all get 5% reduced stam/magicka costs without slotting anything, 2% weapon power/spell power without slotting anything. I'd like something like that. Or, how about my 30% regen back.

EDIT- Oh and Bound Armaments has amazing synergy with 2h and heavy attacks.
    Edited by Xeniph on August 19, 2015 6:26PM
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    Y'all get 5% reduced stam/magicka costs without slotting anything, 2% weapon power/spell power without slotting anything. I'd like something like that. Or, how about my 30% regen back.

Yes
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    Nah you guys are good. Feel free to make a post about buffing nightblades, but that's not the purpose of this one. And bound armaments is a crutch I'd rather not have.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems fair to me, would also be nice if they put a run speed buff and active damage on the DK's armor buff to balance that as well.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although it seems that zos are now heading in roughly the right direction with stamina sorcerers with the following changes:

Passives
    • Expert mage:
    Now also provides 1% and 2% per sorcerer skill on the current bar to Weapon Power.
    • Daedric Protection:
    Also provides 20% stamina regeneration increase when a Daedric Summons ability is slotted.
    Actives
    • Thundering Presence:
    Stamina morph of Lightning Form that has 4s major Expeditious and 4s DoT damage boost

Impact of changes
    • Expert mage:
    Expert Mage requires sorcerer skills to be slotted to gain the benefit. However there are three stamina morphs total and approximately 5 other skills (Streak, Encase, Rune cage, Surge, Clannfear) that might be used by stamina sorcerers (8 with ultimates) – and some of these are highly suboptimal for stamina (Clannfear is only used as an offtank or for the heal, Encase is expensive, and Streak has numerous ramifications wrt magicka costs). As all stamina builds use stamina abilities predominately, this means that there will only ever be a 6% maximum bonus from this ability in all probability – and even that is debatable. This passive would be improved if some other sorcerer abilities were made more stamina friendly to bring its benefit more in line with magicka builds. The simplest solution to this would be to make pets scale off the highest resource (stamina or magicka), or the combined stamina and magicka (with an appropriate scale factor) – which would make them as useful to stamina builds as to magicka. However the addition of another stamina morph would also help.

• Daedric Protection:
    Daedric Protection requires a Daedric Summons skill to be slotted for the benefit. Only one Daedric Summons ability (Bound Armour) is stamina scaled (two if you include the Ultimate) and hence this change is of less benefit to stamina builds than it would first appear. In fact it is of more benefit to magicka sorcerers who routinely slot a morph of Conjured Ward.
    The simplest solution to this would be to make pets scale off the highest resource (stamina or magicka), or the combined stamina and magicka (with an appropriate scale factor) – which would make them as useful to stamina builds as to magicka.

• Thundering Presence:
    The impact of this morph is a little underwhelming as it only has a 4s mobility buff – this mobility buff is what most people use the ability for unless they are tanks. And the damage outside of the initial 4s burst DoT is also underwhelming. On the plus side it can at least proc disintegrate.

These are a good start, but they fail to capture the full state of stamina sorcerers. The following additional changes are suggested / requested:

Changes to Passives
    • Change Exploitation to either provide a physical critical bonus or provide a secondary effect that is of some benefit to stamina users (i.e. apply a minor mangle debuff to all targets hit for 5/10s (+ Persistence bonus).
    Currently the spell critical buff is of no use to stamina sorcerers, and limited use in group situations (as most stamina sorcerers will not use any Dark Magic abilities in group situations).

• Combine Rebate and Expert Summoner into a single passive and create a new Expert Conjuror passive:
    o Bound armour provides a minor vitality buff (4/8%) buff whilst active.
    o Daedric Curse applies a minor defile effect on the target until it explodes.
    o Conjured ward scales off health if higher than magicka.
    This means that the other half of the skill line has a beneficial effect for all sorcerers, makes wards and curses usable for stamina builds without being too overpowered and buffs Bound Armour to make it more attractive to use as a toggle (and hence on 2-3 bars).

Make the following changes to actives:
    • Change either Endless Fury or Mages Fury into a stamina morph with a reduced range.
    This would provide a class “instant” damage ability that could proc disintegrate and benefit from Energised and Expert Mage. Ideally it (and indeed all Mages Fury variants) would be an instant hit (rather than the current 1s delayed hit) and do more base and less detonate damage (but keep the same overall damage in the execute phase). Although it would be nice to have a secondary effect it probably would not require one.

• Change Power Overload to give back stamina rather than increase heavy attacks or have Energy Overload give back magicka or stamina depending on your highest resource.
    I favour the former solution, but there is no good reason why magicka sorcerers should get primary resource regeneration off an ultimate and stamina sorcerers not. It would probably be possible to incorporate a moderate increase to the heavy attack range and damage into the base ability anyway in order to minimise the impact to Power Overload users as heavy Overload attacks are not used a lot in PvP (to my knowledge).

• Make all summoned pets damage scale with either magicka or stamina.
    This would immediately make all stamina sorcerers have a more viable set of options – it wouldn’t affect PvP much (because pets are of little use in PvP), but it would help make stamina sorcerers more viable in PvE. It would trigger the new Daedric Protection, benefit from Rebate/Expert Summoner and trigger the Expert mage changes – as well as providing an additional source of much needed DPS. It would also give stamina builds a reason to slot Daedric Prey – not for the damage, but for the pet buff.
    If the concern is that pets scaled with stamina would be too powerful (although I cannot see it myself), you could always adjust the scaling for them slightly compared to magicka.

Personal requests ;)
    There are also a few things that bug me about the sorcerer class that are not really stamina build specific and so there are a few additions that are related to these:

• Change Surge to reduce the healing cool-down to as low as you can and enable DoTs to proc it again.
    If the cool-down is low enough the impact of DoTs “stealing heals” is greatly reduced, but key stamina abilities will still generate heals (such as Flurry), as will key sorcerer abilities (such as Liquid Lightning, Lightning Form). Alternatively specific abilities could be tagged to trigger the heals (such as Flurry).

• Change a morph of Encase to remove the CC effect delay and change the shape to be a ground targeted circle.
    The CC effect from Encase has an activation delay (which means it can be dodge rolled, or even jumped over) and does not always occur (meaning that the cost to cast is lost) – this heavily hits stamina users who don’t have a lot of magicka. And the targeting of the ability is also somewhat random – with a targeted circle we could both see and place the effect.

• Change Bound Armour to provide a minor protection buff rather than an resolve buff.
    This would make the ability far more useful for all playstyles rather than a minor resolve buff which has almost no real effect in game terms.
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    Although it seems that zos are now heading in roughly the right direction with stamina sorcerers with the following changes:

Passives
    • Expert mage:
    Now also provides 1% and 2% per sorcerer skill on the current bar to Weapon Power.
    • Daedric Protection:
    Also provides 20% stamina regeneration increase when a Daedric Summons ability is slotted.
    Actives
    • Thundering Presence:
    Stamina morph of Lightning Form that has 4s major Expeditious and 4s DoT damage boost

Impact of changes
    • Expert mage:
    Expert Mage requires sorcerer skills to be slotted to gain the benefit. However there are three stamina morphs total and approximately 5 other skills (Streak, Encase, Rune cage, Surge, Clannfear) that might be used by stamina sorcerers (8 with ultimates) – and some of these are highly suboptimal for stamina (Clannfear is only used as an offtank or for the heal, Encase is expensive, and Streak has numerous ramifications wrt magicka costs). As all stamina builds use stamina abilities predominately, this means that there will only ever be a 6% maximum bonus from this ability in all probability – and even that is debatable. This passive would be improved if some other sorcerer abilities were made more stamina friendly to bring its benefit more in line with magicka builds. The simplest solution to this would be to make pets scale off the highest resource (stamina or magicka), or the combined stamina and magicka (with an appropriate scale factor) – which would make them as useful to stamina builds as to magicka. However the addition of another stamina morph would also help.

• Daedric Protection:
    Daedric Protection requires a Daedric Summons skill to be slotted for the benefit. Only one Daedric Summons ability (Bound Armour) is stamina scaled (two if you include the Ultimate) and hence this change is of less benefit to stamina builds than it would first appear. In fact it is of more benefit to magicka sorcerers who routinely slot a morph of Conjured Ward.
    The simplest solution to this would be to make pets scale off the highest resource (stamina or magicka), or the combined stamina and magicka (with an appropriate scale factor) – which would make them as useful to stamina builds as to magicka.

• Thundering Presence:
    The impact of this morph is a little underwhelming as it only has a 4s mobility buff – this mobility buff is what most people use the ability for unless they are tanks. And the damage outside of the initial 4s burst DoT is also underwhelming. On the plus side it can at least proc disintegrate.

These are a good start, but they fail to capture the full state of stamina sorcerers. The following additional changes are suggested / requested:

Changes to Passives
    • Change Exploitation to either provide a physical critical bonus or provide a secondary effect that is of some benefit to stamina users (i.e. apply a minor mangle debuff to all targets hit for 5/10s (+ Persistence bonus).
    Currently the spell critical buff is of no use to stamina sorcerers, and limited use in group situations (as most stamina sorcerers will not use any Dark Magic abilities in group situations).

• Combine Rebate and Expert Summoner into a single passive and create a new Expert Conjuror passive:
    This means that the other half of the skill line has a beneficial effect for all sorcerers, makes wards and curses usable for stamina builds without being too overpowered and buffs Bound Armour to make it more attractive to use as a toggle (and hence on 2-3 bars).

Make the following changes to actives:
    • Change either Endless Fury or Mages Fury into a stamina morph with a reduced range.
    This would provide a class “instant” damage ability that could proc disintegrate and benefit from Energised and Expert Mage. Ideally it (and indeed all Mages Fury variants) would be an instant hit (rather than the current 1s delayed hit) and do more base and less detonate damage (but keep the same overall damage in the execute phase). Although it would be nice to have a secondary effect it probably would not require one.

• Change Power Overload to give back stamina rather than increase heavy attacks or have Energy Overload give back magicka or stamina depending on your highest resource.
    I favour the former solution, but there is no good reason why magicka sorcerers should get primary resource regeneration off an ultimate and stamina sorcerers not. It would probably be possible to incorporate a moderate increase to the heavy attack range and damage into the base ability anyway in order to minimise the impact to Power Overload users as heavy Overload attacks are not used a lot in PvP (to my knowledge).

• Make all summoned pets damage scale with either magicka or stamina.
    This would immediately make all stamina sorcerers have a more viable set of options – it wouldn’t affect PvP much (because pets are of little use in PvP), but it would help make stamina sorcerers more viable in PvE. It would trigger the new Daedric Protection, benefit from Rebate/Expert Summoner and trigger the Expert mage changes – as well as providing an additional source of much needed DPS. It would also give stamina builds a reason to slot Daedric Prey – not for the damage, but for the pet buff.
    If the concern is that pets scaled with stamina would be too powerful (although I cannot see it myself), you could always adjust the scaling for them slightly compared to magicka.

Personal requests ;)
    There are also a few things that bug me about the sorcerer class that are not really stamina build specific and so there are a few additions that are related to these:

• Change Surge to reduce the healing cool-down to as low as you can and enable DoTs to proc it again.
    If the cool-down is low enough the impact of DoTs “stealing heals” is greatly reduced, but key stamina abilities will still generate heals (such as Flurry), as will key sorcerer abilities (such as Liquid Lightning, Lightning Form). Alternatively specific abilities could be tagged to trigger the heals (such as Flurry).

• Change a morph of Encase to remove the CC effect delay and change the shape to be a ground targeted circle.
    The CC effect from Encase has an activation delay (which means it can be dodge rolled, or even jumped over) and does not always occur (meaning that the cost to cast is lost) – this heavily hits stamina users who don’t have a lot of magicka. And the targeting of the ability is also somewhat random – with a targeted circle we could both see and place the effect.

• Change Bound Armour to provide a minor protection buff rather than an resolve buff.
    This would make the ability far more useful for all playstyles rather than a minor resolve buff which has almost no real effect in game terms.

This Is great and I could talk about balance changes all day, but the unfortunate part is that we have to fight for one change at a time which is giving the passives regardless of whether or not Daedric summoning abilities are on the bar since pretty much all magicka sorcs will take advantage of the passive with Hardened ward, and the only builds that won't be able to utilize it are stam sorcs who don't want to use the one ability they have in the tree or the ult, which wasn't exactly the intention when designed.
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I posted in the wrong thread really...
    will make a new one maybe.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »

Nice. Great solution for tanks and stamina. Let's be honest, Rebate doesn't deserve taking an entire passive ability perk, it's so freaking bad :D Honestly, they could just remove it, who needs this. It used to be a great passive, but the pet nerf in 1.6 hit it so hard. (yes, 1.6 actually nerfed pets overall rather than buffing them)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.