The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Suggestion: 4 piece bonus for new jewelery/weapon sets.

omfgitsbatman
omfgitsbatman
✭✭✭✭
Since there are weapons as well as jewelery, a 4 pc set bonus is possible and could be desperately desired. People could wear 2 pc monster helm, a 5 pc armor set, and the new 4 pc jewelery/weapon set. Otherwise people that use a 2 handed weapon (resto staff, destro staff, 2h, bow) would be at a decent disadvantage to people with dual wield/sword and shield when gearing.

Right now, a staff user could do the 2 pc monster + 5 pc armor set + 3 pc jewelery set and have 1 weapon or jewelery slot that would be useless. The dual wield/1hs users could use all of this, but make 2 crafted weapons and get a whole other set bonus.

If this doesn't happen, most people that use a 2h weapon will either (a) not be able to wear a monster set (b)not be able to get the 5 pc set or (c) have 1 less set bonus completely.
With many many casters already using dual wield, this will push it over the edge and almost every serious caster (especially pve) would use dual wield instead of staves.

The 4 pc on this jewelery will not only benefit 2h weapon users, but will open up build variety quite a bit to dual wield/1hs builds.

I don't suggest making it a really large bonus, but in line with the 2 and 3 pc bonuses.
Edited by omfgitsbatman on August 19, 2015 1:40PM
He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
Vet Maw 4/5

• hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is also possible is to count the two handed weapons as two armor set items, like the values of weapon traits

This is I think more fair to everyone
    and people will not take dual wields or S&B ONLY for the armor set combination
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    What is also possible is to count the two handed weapons as two armor set items, like the values of weapon traits

This is I think more fair to everyone
    and people will not take dual wields or S&B ONLY for the armor set combination

They won't take dual wield and 1hs for only the armor set combo.
    Combine it with the fact that dual wielding already increases your spell damage by a massive amount over using a staff and you have a very compelling argument to go dual wield over staff. That is a completely different issue that I have covered here:
    swords shouldn't give more spell damge than staves.

But, I do agree that making a 2 handed weapon count as 2 set pieces would help everything.
    Edited by omfgitsbatman on August 19, 2015 1:28PM
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5