Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

leveling up

barbarian340
barbarian340
✭✭✭
just hit level 44 grinding in AD...now im supposed to go to cold harbor...how do i do so?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    You have to finish the storyline for the AD in Reaper's March (just the main missions, the ones involving Queen Ayrenn), and get the quest that ultimately opens up access to Cold Harbor (I believe it is called "Message Across Tamriel").

Alternatively, you can port to a friend/guildmember in Coldharbor and gain access that way.
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    You have to finish the storyline for the AD in Reaper's March (just the main missions, the ones involving Queen Ayrenn), and get the quest that ultimately opens up access to Cold Harbor (I believe it is called "Message Across Tamriel").

Alternatively, you can port to a friend/guildmember in Coldharbor and gain access that way.

Maybe I'm wrong but one actually need to finish main story quest (the Harborage quest line) and not the Faction's story questline in order to get to Coldharbour. At least this is exactly how the "Message across the Tamriel" quest is given.
    Edited by Maphusail on August 17, 2015 2:11PM
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Maphusail wrote: »
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

Maybe I'm wrong but one actually need to finish main story quest (the Harborage quest line) and not the Faction's story questline in order to get to Coldharbour. At least this is exactly how the "Message across the Tamriel" quest is given.

I gained access to Coldharbour via the Harborage quest line and not the area story lines (i.e. saving the queen).
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps, you both are right. I thought you got after completing your faction storyline, but maybe it is after doing the Prophet Main Storyline. It's been a long time since I leveled a character lol
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to start Messages Across Tamriel (the quest that sends you to Coldharbour) you either have to finish the last quest in your alliance's storyline for the last zone (ie. Bangkorai or Reaper's March or The Rift), or you have to be at least level 45 and have completed the Council of the Five Companions quest from the main story.

I imagine it comes as a rude surprise to some who level up only by grinding to find that suddenly they have to do quests to progress. And then they hit Coldharbour where, again, they have to do quests to progress.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I imagine it comes as a rude surprise to some who level up only by grinding to find that suddenly they have to do quests to progress. And then they hit Coldharbour where, again, they have to do quests to progress.

That's not a big surprise. Everyone who prefer grinding know they should do some basic amount of quests to unlock the Coldharbour/others factions areas. But anyway it's almost nothing compared to all these numerous side quests many other people do to level up.