Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Templar PvE levelling

MrNevermore
MrNevermore
✭✭✭
I'm currently levelling a Templar with a vue to being a healer. I've been a healer in every MMO that I've played and the majority of them benefit from some form of dual-spec mechanic.

As I'm planning on healing dungeons as I level, I was wondering what the importance of investing deeply into the healing/resto staff skill lines would be? Getting groups is quite rare and I don't want to feel that I'm wasting valuable skill points in traits I might not see the benefit of until much later on.

Would my group dungeons suffer if I only invested in a couple of heals and focussed on damaging skills instead? It does look like I can balance me points out, but I don't want to end up shooting myself in the foot as reallocating skill points looks to be an expensive thing to have to do.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have unlocked all 3 class lines, 2 weapon lines and one craft lkne, that's including all actives all passives and their morphs and I still have 18 skill points to spend, and I'm only VR rank 6 n done only one dungeon so far and still have cold harbour, cyrodil and the whole of Daggerfall map area to get skyshards as well as crsgolorn and then vet dungeons.

Trust me you can afford to spec for healing and DPS.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you get skyshards, quest skill points and dungeon skill points you will have plenty
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For a Templar, your biggie is Breath of Life. It's the easiest/best heal in the game, and Templars have some of the best resource management skills to be able to keep spamming it, like repentance.

Only time you really need another heal is situational, might need one with a purify, combat prayer to boost DPS, healing springs if you're doing something vdsa or any situation where everyone can stack and conserve your magicka.

So you could get away with just having restoration staff passives and from the restoring light line pickup Breath of Life, Repentance, Remembrance and passives.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar