Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Templar healer pvp/pve build advice.

pjkreese
pjkreese
Please help me with a build going into vet stages for templar healer build preferably medium armor and resto staff. All comments appreciated.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, why do you want to use medium armor? Is it for the looks?

Because my first suggestion would be don't wear primarily medium armor lol

All healing skills use magicka and their effectiveness scales off how much magicka you have, wearing medium armor isn't going to help you at all in that regard.

Most templar healers wear either 5 pieces of light armor with 2 pieces of heavy (for added survivability) or 5 light, 1 heavy, and 1 medium (if you have the passive from the Undaunted Skill line that benefits you when wearing one piece of each type of armor).

If you want to wear the medium armor for the looks, I'd maybe stick to just the medium armor chest and legs with the rest of your equipment being light armor.
  • pjkreese
    pjkreese
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, why do you want to use medium armor? Is it for the looks?

Because my first suggestion would be don't wear primarily medium armor lol

All healing skills use magicka and their effectiveness scales off how much magicka you have, wearing medium armor isn't going to help you at all in that regard.

Most templar healers wear either 5 pieces of light armor with 2 pieces of heavy (for added survivability) or 5 light, 1 heavy, and 1 medium (if you have the passive from the Undaunted Skill line that benefits you when wearing one piece of each type of armor).

If you want to wear the medium armor for the looks, I'd maybe stick to just the medium armor chest and legs with the rest of your equipment being light armor.

so what would be the best armor and skill set
  • iainoflo
    iainoflo
    pjkreese wrote: »
    so what would be the best armor and skill set

As he says light armor - 7 pieces and all passives or 5 light with all passives and 2 heavy with only the passives in the heavy tree that are dependent on at least 1 piece of heavy armor, not the passive that requires a full set meaning 5+ pieces.

Light armor is essential for magicka users for the reduced cost, magicka recovery and max magicka and this is only from the passives - your armor pieces if part of a set can increase this even more. Heavy armor is used for the increased physical resistance - the armor rating is related to your physical resistance, and to some extent your spell resistance.

My healer is vet 14 and currently uses all light, his spell resistance is a lot higher than physical resistance so he can be squishy if not at range. If I were to equip to pieces of heavy armor and take the necessary passives in that tree I could increase his phyiscal resistance to a good enough level for him to stay alive more often against melee attackers.

Medium armor is really for physical damage/critical and is of no real use to a magicka user unless you want the extra health, stamina and magicka from the Undaunted passive.

I suggest wearing two heavy while leveling - it will level up your heavy tree allowing you to unlock the passives.
    Edited by iainoflo on August 16, 2015 11:24AM