Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

New player with more questions

Nyro87
Nyro87
1. When I bought the game I went ahead and got ESO plus and some crowns...what is the best investment on the shop for new players just starting out?

2. Can you go up in vet ranks Pvping?

3. How many crafting skills can I max out without gimping my build?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. It depends on what interests you. Nothing in the Crown Store is required in any way. A mount of some sort is probably a good investment, but if you're not picky about how your mount looks (I am, but I know a lot of people aren't) you can just buy one in-game at a stable for 10,000 gold instead of spending crowns on one. Aside from cosmetics (only if you like them), and maybe repair kits (if you plan on doing a lot of group dungeons and such), there isn't really much else to spend your crowns on, so it may be worth hanging on to them until Imperial City comes out, so you can buy that if you want to (as a subscriber you'll have access to it without buying it, but only for as long as you subscribe, so you might want to buy it anyway).
    2. Yes, but from my understanding it's much slower than questing or grinding.
    3. This is kind of subjective, but until you're a high enough level to have a ton of skill points to spare, I wouldn't suggest doing more than 3 crafting skills on one character. It's better to split it across 2 or more characters.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyro87 wrote: »
    1. When I bought the game I went ahead and got ESO plus and some crowns...what is the best investment on the shop for new players just starting out?

I would say the vanity items only. also keep your crowns for the dlc. You will get access as an ESO-member, but only as long as you pay for ESO-plus. I think it is better to use your crowns to buy it so it will be unlocked forever. So at the moment, my advice is nothing and save them up for later.

2. Can you go up in vet ranks Pvping?
    Yes, but it is slower as doing PvE

3. How many crafting skills can I max out without gimping my build?

It depens a lot on your builds. A single build requires maybe 40 skillpoints. so more then enough for other crafting skills. but many people have different builds for PvE and PvP, and yet another one for dungeons. For trials people often have a separate build as well.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Nyro87
    Nyro87
    Thank you both...also Vampire and Werewolf bites are they worth doing or not?
  • roseQT
    roseQT
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry i don't want to interrupt your questions but i thought it's better to write in this "noob has a question thread" instead of maing my own.

1. Can i play together with my friends when i am in the Dominion and he is in the Covenant?
    2. Can i play as Imperial without the Imperial Edition? I don't own the imperial Edition but the game was a gift.. can i upgrade it?
    3. How much to the Class/Race Combinations influence the game? I want to play as Templar Healer and Tank in both PVE and PVP.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both...also Vampire and Werewolf bites are they worth doing or not?

Meh, changes are coming in a couple of weeks. It is difficult to deal with the effects at low levels. Don't be in a hurry to get a bite. There is a reason this is supposed to happen in Zone 5

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roseQT wrote: »
    Sorry i don't want to interrupt your questions but i thought it's better to write in this "noob has a question thread" instead of maing my own.

1. Can i play together with my friends when i am in the Dominion and he is in the Covenant?
    2. Can i play as Imperial without the Imperial Edition? I don't own the imperial Edition but the game was a gift.. can i upgrade it?
    3. How much to the Class/Race Combinations influence the game? I want to play as Templar Healer and Tank in both PVE and PVP.

1. You can kill each other in Cyrodiil.
    2. You can upgrade to the Imperial Edition in the Crown Store.
    3. Race can help, but nothing about Racial deficiencies can not be overcome with gear or build or playstyle choices.

If your going to heal you need magic, so Altmer or Breton are the best for magic.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roseQT wrote: »

Adding to what @Nestor already said on these (and as far as the werewolf/vampire question goes, I have nothing to add to what he already answered - that's pretty much exactly what I would have said):
    1. Currently if you want to play together with friends from another alliance the only place you can even encounter them is Cyrodiil where they will be flagged as enemy players. If you wanted to, you could team up there and do quests and delves and such, but you'd always be at the risk of accidentally (or purposely) killing each other. In the future, ZOS has said that you'll be able to group cross-faction for group dungeons and probably other stuff too, but who knows when that will happen.
    2. You have to have the Imperial edition to play as an Imperial, but yes you can upgrade to it in the Crown store.
    3. It does make a difference, but not as much as some people would have you believe. Unless you really care a ton about having the absolute best possible combo for how you want to play, I say just pick the race and class you think are coolest.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • roseQT
    roseQT
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks alot.

The good thing is, that my mates are very.. well.. they only play the imperials. So they can join me at the Dominion anyway.