Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Anyone model their Khajiit after their cat?

MistryssNite
MistryssNite
✭✭✭
For you Khajiit players, have any of you made a Khajiit modeled after your cat? If so, did you name the Khajiit after your cat or an attribute that your cat does? How similar does your Khajiit look like your cat? Do you rp as your cat?

If you don't have a Khajiit character yet or don't have one modeled after your cat, will you make one as an homage to your cat?

I must say that I am very interested in this idea. I have a 13 year old female grey Tabby cat, but can't seem to find a purrfect fur color. Any tips for modeling a Khajiit after your cat?
Current main: Pe'tra
Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
It's just been a morning of death
  • ZazikelsShadow
    ZazikelsShadow
    ✭✭✭
    yes i did, and I named her after my cat as well
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine is a full black tabby, so it wouldn't be very interesting. She bites and claws anyway though.
  • Chatoyancy
    Chatoyancy
    ✭✭✭
    I have! It wasn't intentional at first. I knew I wanted to make a Khajiit and I had a name picked out already, and I was experimenting around to see what would work. When I discovered I could make a gray/cream calico cat, I proceeded in trying to make it look as much like Shade (my cat) as possible. I still used my original name choice though.

Obviously the fur pattern isn't quite the same, but my Khajiit does have the same lean body, and her hairstyle makes her kind of look like she has an attitude like Shade. If I do RP, I will probably RP her like Shade as well, haha.

I think it would be fun to try to make Khajiit characters of my other kitties as well, but I'm not sure how possible a long haired cat is to make in ESO... and my one cat only has three legs, so that would also not work, haha.
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish I had thought of that, I would have recreated Sukha, our black Egyptian short hair.

My username even mentions cats yet this never crossed my mind, lol!
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. My Kajiit was found as a cub by nice Nord family and raised in Skyrim. She looks like an Arctic Lynx ( or as close as possible ), calls everyone a 'milk-drinker' and loves her mead ... with a little bit of Moon-Sugar, you know, to make things interesting. She's essentially a very, very hairy Nord and will pummel you if you say otherwise!
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My cat's too explosively fluffy, and as there are no long haired Khajiit in game...
    Edited by Preyfar on July 31, 2014 6:24PM
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one's oldest kitten created such a thing. This one wants his character slot back. This one has secretly been using kitten's toon to hold things that are very valuable. This one does not want his kitten to know this.
    Edited by Giraffon on July 31, 2014 6:31PM
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    yes i did, and I named her after my cat as well

Same :D
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • Neojix
    Neojix
    Soul Shriven
    If i created a character based on my cat it would not be a good idea. Extremely furry and fat, The type that will lay on its side to eat food by knocking food out of the dish and onto the floor..... No agility perk or Racial trait would ever help her lose that gut.
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried but failed. My cat is dark brown/black striped with white legs, belly, neck and snout (almost tuxedo), and there just isn't any furs that match :confused: Instead, one of my cat pets (in the game) is named after him :blush:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    I unintentionally modeled my first Khajiit (the first character I ever made) after my black cat. Even had my cat's name featured as a part of my Khajiit character's name. I honestly didn't set out to create an ESO doppelganger of my pet; l only just now realized the similarity after seeing this thread.

I've since deleted that character (no offense to my cat XD) because I wasn't happy with it class-wise and appearance-wise. I couldn't not have a cat in my character collection though, so I eventually made another one. My current Khajiit looks nothing like the original and instead resembles that of a white Siberian Tiger.

Edit: I originally mentioned my cat's breed (a Maine C-o-o-n, mind the dashes), but the forum found it offensive and starred it out :(.
    Edited by Sandshark95 on August 15, 2015 3:41AM
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I have 8 cats and 2 Khajiits and they don't look alike at all.

My first Khajiit is modeled after a Siberian tiger. My second Khajiit is similar to the first, but dark grey instead of orange.

I did try to play a white Siberian tiger, but I didn't like the look with light armor. Ew.