Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

best way to level up

barbarian340
barbarian340
✭✭✭
ive seen someone say leveling up from 1-50 is faster by questing....but ive always understood that grinding is faster from 1-50...which method is faster?
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    ive seen someone say leveling up from 1-50 is faster by questing....but ive always understood that grinding is faster from 1-50...which method is faster?

Both are, in a manner of speaking.
    I will say this though, do the quests and take your time levelling. There is no reason to want to get a high rank quickly what so ever. Play the quests and enjoy the game, you will learn about crafting, different armour, weapons and skills that best suit your character, you will learn by fighting the enemies which style suits you best. Grinding and doing the quests combined are best and have many benefits. You will earn lots of gold, you can find lore books, motifs that you can later sell.
    I never understood the importance of wanting to level fast, when there is so much enjoyment to be had from playing the game at a paced rate. 1-50 is a learning curve, use that time to do just that, learn the game. You will benefit so much more if you decide to play PvP.

Edited by Artfuldodger on August 14, 2015 8:05PM
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro tip: Grinding is like 5x faster than questing....whoever says otherwise is just trolling you
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • EnglishDragon17
    EnglishDragon17
    ✭✭✭
    grind or quest in cyrodiil, everywhere else is slow
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭

I just do not get it, so what if every where else is slow? You grind and you get V1 plus and? The enemies you face are the same level or near enough, the quests you do are are of similar range. What is the benefit of gaining a high level quickly and missing out on all the between bits? None. Learn to walk before you can run. Then when you can run bragging rights are yours.
    Not having a go, just my perspective on it.
    Edited by Artfuldodger on August 14, 2015 8:49PM
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just do not get it, SNIP What is the benefit of gaining a high level quickly and missing out on all the between bits?

1. Better rewards
    2. More gold
    3. More mats
    4. CPs
    5. CPs
    6. Better learning experience
    7. More engaging content
    8. Leaderboard rankings
    9. veteran dungeons
    10. Trials
    11. vdsa

How does fighting a lowbie skeever boss in a lvl46 dungeon prepare you for fighting the Manti?
    A: it doesn't... I will say that you may learn the inner working of crafting a little bit better, I'll give you that. BUT the ONLY way you're going to learn how to fight the Manti is to......actually fight the Manti.

EDIT: I want to add it's not like grinding is sooo fast that you don't learn the basics (blocking, dodging, interrupting). I mean you still need to kill 14,000,000 XP worth of enemies to get there....you pick up what you need along the way.
    Edited by Cuyler on August 14, 2015 9:00PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭

I got lv 3 to 50 in 2 days from grinding. Time to wait for update to hit for faster vet leveling.
    -Daggerfall Covenant Xbox NA-
    Class 1 - imperial dragon knight vet 10
    Class 2 - dark elf templar vet 1
    Master crafter