Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

2 handed aoe??

barbarian340
barbarian340
✭✭✭
ive hears ppl say 2 handed is good for aoe damage...forgive my ignorance, but how? isnt the only aoe ability cleave?
  • Junglejim82
    Junglejim82
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the morphs brawler. It's good,gives a shield but it's no steel tornado. Extra damage is nice when executioner is slotted
    Jungleim
    Stamblade extrordinaire (for now)
    Mass Terror /elders of anarchy ps4 e.u
    Daggerfalls finest

Always looking for serious pvpers not afraid to mic up. See below
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181697/massterror-ps4-eu-daggerfall-are-recruiting#latest
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two Handed sucks for AoE. Cleave isn't bad to get that bleeding going and increase ultimate, but Dual Wield is much better at AoE.. that Steel Tornado omergud.
    2h really needs a Whirlwind skill that knocks all enemies around you for 4 secs, dealing 50% of their health in damage with a 75% chance of insta killing them and healing you for 524 health per second for 20 seconds. If it could regen stamina as well that'd be great, but I don't want it to be OP or anything.
  • barbarian340
    barbarian340
    ✭✭✭
    thanks a lot! so one more question...if i create a build laying down dots, then spamming steel tornado, would that create good damage even though steel tornado doesnt give high damage until the enemy is below 25%?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would that create good damage even though steel tornado doesnt give high damage until the enemy is below 25%?

Have you ever noticed with mobs that you can take out 80% to 90% of their health with 3 or 4 hits, then the last 10% to 20% takes 4 to 6 more hits? That is why skills like Steel Tornado exist the way that they do, the Execute phase is to overcome the increased armor mechanic that some mobs and builds have at low health.

And, I would not call Steel Tornado weak before that threshold is reached.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• barbarian340
    barbarian340
    ✭✭✭
    ok...so for melee aoe, dual wield is the way to go? what about the class? what class goes well with stamina dual wield aoe?
  • barbarian340
    barbarian340
    ✭✭✭
    for pve...to clarify
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every class can pull of a stamina DPS build.
    You will probably want to stay away from stamina sorc however, because they are generally the weakest stamina class, with very little to no synergy.
    Also caltrops is a very important part of most stamina AoE damage, since it provides a very high damage over its quite long duration and also slows the enemy. It needs some PvP to unlock though.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • barbarian340
    barbarian340
    ✭✭✭
    thanks
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok...so for melee aoe, dual wield is the way to go? what about the class? what class goes well with stamina dual wield aoe?

Night Blade most would say. But any class can pull this off except a Sorcerer. If your going this route, just find a race that has some good stamina qualities out of the gate, that will help too. So, Imperial, Redguard, Bosmer and there should be one other, but it escapes me at this time.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"