Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Just started a DK... have no idea what I'm doing

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Currently level 6 and I don't know which attribute I'm supposed to be putting points in. This is all so crazy. Most of my abilities are magicka but my weapon abilities are stamina.

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6d5833414d64642e6a7067
  • remedios17
    remedios17
    ✭✭✭
    What do you want to be? DPS?
    Guildmaster of the Order of the Magna Ge - social guild EP EU with 200+ members from all levels, all over the world, forming a nice relaxed, friendly - and a bit crazy - community - check us out at orderofthemagnage.guildlaunch.com or whisper me in game.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    remedios17 wrote: »

Tanky. Is Tanky magicka viable?
  • remedios17
    remedios17
    ✭✭✭
    i think so, but im a stamina DK tank, so cannot help you much with magicka DK tanking.

what i know is an absolute must is razor armor, dragon blood, talons for cc, chains is good too and get the two taunts. this should be a good start for a tank build and most of these use magicka.
    Guildmaster of the Order of the Magna Ge - social guild EP EU with 200+ members from all levels, all over the world, forming a nice relaxed, friendly - and a bit crazy - community - check us out at orderofthemagnage.guildlaunch.com or whisper me in game.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    remedios17 wrote: »

Tanky. Is Tanky magicka viable?

Yes, but not at low levels. I think for a DK, stamina tanks are better.

You have to realise that some specific skills can be morphed so they used stamina and scale of stamina.
    amnong them are unstable flame (morph from searing strike) and burning breath (morph from fiery breath). Those provide a good amount of dps for levelling (you only need to be full tank in dungeons, outside, even in group play you are better off dealing a good punch as well).
    I would recommend using a sword and shield. That skillline also gives skills, and those all scale from stamina. From there I recommend puncture (morph in any way you like) and shield charge (good for interupts and as an opener, morph to shielded assault). The last slot I would recommend is a magica skill, but as it doesnt depend a lot on spell damage, and is for support you can still take it. It is green dragon blood for stamina and health regen.
    That compliments your first bar. The second bar(once you unlock it) in dungeons can be used for tanking and outside I recommend using a 2h weapon there.

So use those magicka skills I named now to unlock the morphs and start using the sword and shield skills.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just level up what you can to the morph. No point in specialize a build until end game
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    It's doable quite so. Most DK skills are magicka based anyhow, that gives you nice tanky bonuses.
    Rule of thumb:

Ardent flame is your DPS skill line
    Draconic abilities are support, cc, defense
    Earther heart is your tanky toolbox.

Most Magicka DKs mix a destro staff in there for PvE. But you can also set up the ardent flame skills as your main dps source.

Keep in mind, if you wish to be a dedicated tank, shield defense / bash, breakfree, roll dodge are all stamina consuming things.

EDIT: Btw, DK skills are magicka based, but dont let that confuse you. Every build uses both magicka and stamina. Question is where your DPS coming from. If you are using weapons mostly, those need stam for damage.
    Edited by Winterpsy on August 14, 2015 10:22AM
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)