Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Consumables Stack?

Zephyr01
Zephyr01
✭✭
I've been wondering for a while if Consumables stack effect. For instance; if I eat something to increase my health as well as my stamina for, say, 35 mins will they both take effect? What about if I drink a consumable that will Restore my health, and my stamina, as well at the increase food? Will they take effect too?
I think by my Character number Health and Stamina will increase, but I'm not sure about the Restore.

Thanks in advance.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    You can only have one consumable buff active at a time. If you have a buff for increased health and then eat a food that buffs stamina, the stamina buff would replace the health buff.

If you want to increase multiple stats (most do lol), there are consumables that buff 2 stats (blue food or drinks) or 3 stats (purple food or drinks).

Also, just in case you weren't already aware:

Food always buffs your total magicka, stamina, and/or health.

Drinks always buff the recovery of magicka, stamina, and/or health.
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that info.

Yes, I'd realised the Food and Drink buffed different ways.

So if I eat a Blue buff, say, Health and Stamina, can I not then also Drink a Recovery as well? Or is it just one or the other?

Thanks again.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Food and drink unfortunately do not stack at this time (though, it has been asked for many times by players). Maybe one day.
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Any news on the Consumables stacking yet?

It'd be good if at least 1 Food and 1 Beverage stacked.
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It don't see that ever happening, that's the point of the purple tri-food/drink, will buff health, stamina and magicka.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    The most recent word I remember hearing on this was that the devs had at least temporarily scrapped plans to allow food and drink to stack in favor of buffing drinks to make them more desirable. Since they buffed drinks I have heard no feedback whatsoever on if they are currently happy with the state of consumables.
  • requin02
    requin02
    ✭✭
    The only consumable that will stack is the xp boost drink with any other consumable.
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    It don't see that ever happening, that's the point of the purple tri-food/drink, will buff health, stamina and magicka.

Yes, but who can find the purple tri-food recipes? I've had my Provisioning Skills maxed out for a few weeks and I only found my first purple the other night (and I have a suspicion I'll never find Frost Mirium) - and I have only a couple of blues. They're scarce.

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone can find purple recipes. It has nothing to do with your Provisioning skill, it is just random luck. Purple recipes are relatively scare, especially if you have moral qualms about stealing from desks, trunks, backpacks, etc.

Frost Miriam is obtained via hireling emails, it isn't something that drops in the open world. The more points you have in the provisioner hireling the more likely you are to receive it.
  • Suisyo
    Suisyo
    ✭✭
    You can also get Frost Miriam etc from completing your daily Provisioning writs. They're hard to complete early on when you don't have a lot of recipes but as you collect more, completing these are very easy and worth it. I don't know if you saw the messages I posted to your profile earlier, but it outlines some extra info on Provisioning and acquiring more recipes.
    Altmer Templar & Bosmer Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact
    Xbox One - NA
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Yes, I check everything. In fact I can't walk past anything without stopping to see what's inside, lol. I have no qualms about stealing a decent recipe, it's just that I'm having trouble finding decent ones - I have a ton of greens, but only a handful of blues and one purple. Still, I'm a Veteran now so maybe I'll begin to find better ones :-)
  • Suisyo
    Suisyo
    ✭✭
    I don't know when you get access to the Ebonheart Pact areas, but when you reach Mournhold the bank has 3 desks in it. Nearly every time I logged in and went to the bank I checked those three desks and a few of the backpacks and wardrobes etc within the City Center building and have found many many recipes...mostly greens but the occasional blue (maybe a higher chance of purples for you since it will be a vet zone for you).

I started working on Provisioning very early on and have been taking my time leveling my character...just hit about lvl 42 on my main now, and still only have a few purples even though my provisioning itself is max level...primarily found in Coldharbour or from friends with access to Vet areas, so you should have better luck in Vet areas I would presume. It just seems those purples are not easy to come by, so hopefully you don't feel too disheartened. It's not just you having trouble with them. If I wasn't lucky enough to have friends helping I probably would still only have 1 or 2.

I personally enjoy provisioning, I just wish the system was better. Thankfully they've already made improvements, but there's still more work to be done to make it worth more people's time.

Anyway, wishing you luck! Hope you start finding more of what you're looking for!
    Ebonheart Pact
    Xbox One - NA
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Veteran Level characters are more likely to find purple recipes. Purple Recipes are a much rarer drop than greens, and I don't believe the RNG changes any based on character level. It might seem like you find more purple recipes when you get to Vet Levels, but you also spend significantly more time leveling at that point -- so it's probably just a perception thing.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    You can only have one consumable buff active at a time. If you have a buff for increased health and then eat a food that buffs stamina, the stamina buff would replace the health buff.

If you want to increase multiple stats (most do lol), there are consumables that buff 2 stats (blue food or drinks) or 3 stats (purple food or drinks).

Also, just in case you weren't already aware:

Food always buffs your total magicka, stamina, and/or health.

Drinks always buff the recovery of magicka, stamina, and/or health.

They will stack with the next patch cant wait
  • Suisyo
    Suisyo
    ✭✭
    I don't think Veteran Level characters are more likely to find purple recipes. Purple Recipes are a much rarer drop than greens, and I don't believe the RNG changes any based on character level. It might seem like you find more purple recipes when you get to Vet Levels, but you also spend significantly more time leveling at that point -- so it's probably just a perception thing.

Yea that seems likely. You don't think there are any improvement in drops within Veteran areas though? Like how you find rarer motifs when you get to the respective vet areas? Or maybe recipes don't work the same way...
    Ebonheart Pact
    Xbox One - NA
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭

There are plans to let food and drink stack? That would be awesome.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

I have not seen this anywhere. Can anyone confirm? I don't remember reading it in the PTS patch notes.

Edited by Allyhoo811 on August 14, 2015 5:43AM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen this anywhere. Can anyone confirm. I don't remember reading it in the PTS patch notes.
    I can confirm that food and drinks do not stack on PTS, and I haven't seen any talk from anyone at ZOS about them potentially being changed to stack since the discussion around the provisioning changes that came with 1.6 (when they were originally going to make them stack, but changed their mind before anything hit PTS).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)