Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Guild Trader Provisioning Recipes

Zephyr01
Zephyr01
✭✭
I'm not sure if this Thread should be here, but I'm sure it will be moved to the appropriate place if it's not in the correct place.

Yesterday I bought a couple of Provisioning Recipes from a Guild Trader, however, when I received them I noticed that they were Level V5. So although my Provisioning is Maxed out, at Level V2 I still couldn't use them.

Nowhere on the Trader's Blurb does it state the level of a recipe. Why not? Everything else has the Level clearly stated, so why are Recipes the odd one out?

Best Answers

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had an issue learning a recipe even if I don't have the skill to actually make the food/drink.

Yes you'll need to level up to make the food/drink and yes it would be nice if more info was included for the tooltip.

If you're on PC try an addon called Sous Chef. It helps out a bit.
    Answer ✓
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zephyr01 wrote: »
    I would think that if you can make it you would be able to use it. But nope. :|

Why? It just means your provisioning skill is higher than your level. You can still make and sell or give away provisions that are higher than you can use.

Mechanics-wise, it would be pretty imbalanced if a level 30 that's been grinding up their provisioning could use v10 provisions that quadrupled their health, but still went off to face level 20 enemies.
    Answer ✓
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Oh, I could Learn the recipe and I could Make it - as I said my Provisioning is Maxed out. But I'm not at a high enough level to eat/drink it. Now THAT is just silly!

But the point, really, is that the Level of the Recipe isn't shown on the Guild Trader info.

• Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be one of my addons, but it shows the level of the things you create at the botton on mine.

Qa4a4mD.png
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    It might be one of my addons, but it shows the level of the things you create at the botton on mine.

Qa4a4mD.png

Yeah that's from Sous Chef. Exactly what the recipe makes and who knows it isn't displayed when your using just the normal UI. Wish it was though.

Edited by Fruitmass on August 13, 2015 3:17AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But the point, really, is that the Level of the Recipe isn't shown on the Guild Trader info.

It would be nice if it was there, but it's not unfortunately.

In the meantime, use this list to prepare your recipe shopping list

http://esoacademy.com/provisioning-recipes/

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Why? It just means your provisioning skill is higher than your level. You can still make and sell or give away provisions that are higher than you can use.

Mechanics-wise, it would be pretty imbalanced if a level 30 that's been grinding up their provisioning could use v10 provisions that quadrupled their health, but still went off to face level 20 enemies.

Ahh, yes. I didn't think of it that way. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for the info folks, I really appreciate it :)