Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

nirncrux

JimbobMarley
JimbobMarley
✭✭
Just a quick question , I got my first piece of nirncrux last night but the trouble is I don't know how to use it . Can anyone help ?
  • Zebo7
    Zebo7
    You have to either get the reward piece out of craglorn to research it, or buy from trader to research it. Other wise you have a stone that is for show/selling until you get that trait researched

If your on console it does sell for a pretty decent amount
    Edited by Zebo7 on August 13, 2015 12:34PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you can ask a guildie or friend who has the nirn traits researched to craft you the piece you want.

To make it short :

- Sell (if you don't want to research nor want a nirn piece of gear)
    - Craft yourself (need to research first => buy whatever nirn piece from friend or trader for research)
    - Have a friend craft it for you if you want a wearable nirn piece of gear straight away.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 13, 2015 12:38PM
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    I got it through through a doing a craglorn woodworking survey map , is it a trait item like a diamond etc. ? So when and if I eventually get hold of a nirnhoned item researched I can use the nirncrux to make the item for myself? Sorry if I sound like a noob but that's basically what I am lol.

Edited due to stupid predictive text.
    Edited by JimbobMarley on August 13, 2015 12:47PM
  • Zebo7
    Zebo7
    Correct it is a trait. Just a big pain in [snip] to get researched

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Brett on August 14, 2015 4:58AM
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    Zebo7 wrote: »
    Correct it is a trait. Just a big pain in a$$ to get researched

I've never even seen a nirnhoned item yet which affords another couple of questions , how do I get one ? and how do I know if it is nirnhoned or not?
  • Zebo7
    Zebo7
    if you are searching on vendor or just looking at armor pieces once you start getting exposed to pieces with traits

You will see traits like

Exploration
    Sturdy
    Divines
    ect..

On the vendor if you want to see if said vendor even is selling one go to the traits field and select Nirnhoned and any items with that trait will show if there are any for sale. I can only only speak to Xbox1 but those items will be 45k+ comfortably

• mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you complete the upper craglorn quest you'll get 1 random nirnhoned item, research that and then either make new pieces and sell them to buy other pieces you want, or trade pieces with someone.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar