Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

New-ish to ESO, and I have some questions

SGT_Wolfe101st
SGT_Wolfe101st
✭✭✭✭✭
First, I want to say this is the best Forum experience I have ever had, the amount of positive feedback and general helpfulness of the members is very refreshing. I'm going to just spit ball all the questions that I have so please feel free to answer all, some, comment, whatever, thanks in advance. Also PS4 NA server AD VR3 KB Bow/2H, in the Rift on Caldwell's Silver

1. Crafting Writs - I know they are daily and I think they are tied to level but I have the hardest time finding them. I travel around a bit, throughout the AD realm and I come across writs in Greenshade and then sometimes in Eastmarch but there is no rhyme or reason to when and where I see them, so my question is are they tied to the level of the writ and subsequently to the area, i.e. first writ in Auridon, higher in Coldharbour, higher still Craghorn?? I want to do them daily to build my crafting but just can't figure it out.

2. Armor sets - I am using Night's Silence (5 pcs) and Vampire's Kiss (3 pcs), I could go with higher sets due to the learned traits but I don't find many that support a Stamina build, I like crit and stamina plus health to offset the very low attribute points invested. I can't do 8 or 9 traits yet so that doesn't help, in 14-15 days I could support 7. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also are there any dropped sets that I should consider or try to farm and if so, where.

3. I use a bow and have followed suggested builds that I have found on line and what I have tried on my own but I find that groups of 3 or more and I am just not able to DPS fast enough and live depending on the mob. I use food and potions and burst DPS I am fine. My main is Venom Arrow, Relentless Focus, Swallow Soul, Focused Aim, Silver leash, and Veil of Blades for Ultimate. Back up is 2H and is Brawler, Critical Rush, Impale, Drain Power, and Wrecking Blow, and Veil of Blades for Ultimate. I really like using the bow so suggesting dual wield with shadow is very viable but not my play style. I have 50 in Assassination, Shadow, Siphoning, Bow and Medium Armor so any options in those areas are viable. 2H is only at 27 (wasn't sure what I wanted back up to be, played around with different builds). Any suggestions with my build in mind for group mobbing, not farming so much, I just get tired of sneaking past enemies and leaving that XP on the table.

Thanks for any and all help.
PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
Nord - MagDK - Tank
High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I want to say this is the best Forum experience I have ever had, the amount of positive feedback and general helpfulness of the members is very refreshing. I'm going to just spit ball all the questions that I have so please feel free to answer all, some, comment, whatever, thanks in advance. Also PS4 NA server AD VR3 KB Bow/2H, in the Rift on Caldwell's Silver

1. Crafting Writs - I know they are daily and I think they are tied to level but I have the hardest time finding them. I travel around a bit, throughout the AD realm and I come across writs in Greenshade and then sometimes in Eastmarch but there is no rhyme or reason to when and where I see them, so my question is are they tied to the level of the writ and subsequently to the area, i.e. first writ in Auridon, higher in Coldharbour, higher still Craghorn?? I want to do them daily to build my crafting but just can't figure it out.

2. Armor sets - I am using Night's Silence (5 pcs) and Vampire's Kiss (3 pcs), I could go with higher sets due to the learned traits but I don't find many that support a Stamina build, I like crit and stamina plus health to offset the very low attribute points invested. I can't do 8 or 9 traits yet so that doesn't help, in 14-15 days I could support 7. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also are there any dropped sets that I should consider or try to farm and if so, where.

3. I use a bow and have followed suggested builds that I have found on line and what I have tried on my own but I find that groups of 3 or more and I am just not able to DPS fast enough and live depending on the mob. I use food and potions and burst DPS I am fine. My main is Venom Arrow, Relentless Focus, Swallow Soul, Focused Aim, Silver leash, and Veil of Blades for Ultimate. Back up is 2H and is Brawler, Critical Rush, Impale, Drain Power, and Wrecking Blow, and Veil of Blades for Ultimate. I really like using the bow so suggesting dual wield with shadow is very viable but not my play style. I have 50 in Assassination, Shadow, Siphoning, Bow and Medium Armor so any options in those areas are viable. 2H is only at 27 (wasn't sure what I wanted back up to be, played around with different builds). Any suggestions with my build in mind for group mobbing, not farming so much, I just get tired of sneaking past enemies and leaving that XP on the table.

Thanks for any and all help.
    1. Crafting Writs are tied to your crafting skill's first passive (Metalworking, etc.) Easiest way to figure out where to drop off the quest once you complete it is to check each capital city. All writs have to be delivered to a capital city in a region so start your search there.

2. For stamina DPS, your bread and butter item sets will be Hunding's Rage (5 pc) and Ashen Grip (3/4 pc). The former is a 6-trait set, and the latter is a 2 trait set. As far as I know the only other sets that help out stamina DPS builds are Ravager's, Dreugh King Slayer, and Morag Tong, all of which are endgame sets, with the first one being locked behind PvP rewards.

3. If bow is your thing, consider using Arrow Spray, and morph it into Bombard. The Bombard morph will root enemies in their place for a short amount of time. Then go for either one of morphs for Volley (Scorched Earth or the second one I forget the name lol). For extra damage, level up Fighter's Guild to 10 and get Dawnbreaker, then morph that into Flawless Dawnbreaker and keep it slotted for an increase in weapon damage.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

They are not tied to your level.
    If one is available (once a day once you have done the crafting introduction for that craft), it will always be in the main town of all maps (though not in veteran zones, but thats way ahead of you). There are two signposts. one with the consumable writs (enchanting, provisioning and alchemy) and one for the craftable items (clothier, blacksmith and woodworker). They are normally outdoors (elden root being the exception, they are on the first elvel in the crafting hall).
    The item you need to make and where you have to deliver them depends on the proficiency of the crafting. For example If you just started blacksmith, you will need to craft weapons and armor from iron ingots (level 1-14). They need to be delivered in the first town (vulkhel guard for the aldmeri dominion). Once you put one skillpoint into metalworking (top passive in blacksmithing in your skillwindow), you can make steel weapons and armor from steel ingots (level 16-24). The crafting writ will then require you to make them and want you to deliver them just outside of Elden Root in Grathwood. When you put a second skillpoint in, you can make level 26-34 weapons and armor and you need to deliver them in marbruk. The writs will still be available in all the major towns though.

I think with KB in your itnroduction you mean Nightblade (normally shortend to NB)?
    I'll be honest. I don't play the NB. But I do know that you should seek a set that compliment your build. It is also not important if it requires 2, 5 or 9 traits. It is important if it works for what you need. My VR4 DK is using armor from three different sets, two of them require only 2 traits to be discoverd. Just cause it is better suited for my build. so look at what you need and not the amount of traits needed!

The bow is somewhat limited for group dps. To solve this I think your second weapon is your friend. As you use stamina the best AoE weapon (destruction staff) is out of question (it's dps scales from your magicka). So you need to seek it in the melee weapons. I think out of the three options, the 2handed weapon is the worse as an alternative, cause it is also very much 1 target dps based. Dual wield has some AoE skills (if you equip them), but I do think sword and shield is better. It makes the fight slower, but cause you can block the damage you have lesser issues. You cleave into one foe, while blocking the heavy attacks from the others. It is personal preference though. So feel free to try both.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific, Thank you for the reply, for the first question I should have been more clear. I will go to city "centers" and expect to see new writs available but I do not, I know where to take them when finished, I am having trouble finding new ones to pull from the board. Are they only in the main area of the map, like only in Elden Root in Grahtwood or Rawl'kha in Reaper's March and if I pick up a writ in say Elden Root is it tied to that area's level or mine? I'm guessing based on your response it really doesn't matter where I get the writ because it is based on my level, so I'm 7 in both cloth and woodworking so my writ would be that level? So can I grab a writ anywhere I see one and know it will be appropriate to my level? Sorry for the noob questions, I have looked on line and all the information is how to power level in 3 days.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique, I did in fact mean NB and not KB, I was thinking a Knight, not Night, anyway. Thanks for the reply, the writs are once a day period, so no matter if in a starter area cause I know where everything is or in a different area all together due to Caldwell's Silver, the writ is the writ, that clears it up a bit. As for the sets I have researched and it seems the 5-7 trait sets just are not that appealing, they certainly don't do much for my build, seems if you are a sorc the choices are many.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranique, I did in fact mean NB and not KB, I was thinking a Knight, not Night, anyway. Thanks for the reply, the writs are once a day period, so no matter if in a starter area cause I know where everything is or in a different area all together due to Caldwell's Silver, the writ is the writ, that clears it up a bit. As for the sets I have researched and it seems the 5-7 trait sets just are not that appealing, they certainly don't do much for my build, seems if you are a sorc the choices are many.

I should warn you to treat the sorcerer as "just" magicka user. There are very good stamina based sorcerer build. and although good hybrids are rare, a sorcerer can pull it off best. Don't see it as if they have more choices. Us stamina adicts are just getting things cheaper without the need of exploring a million traits ;)

I mean that too cause class is not very decisive in ESO to what you can do. I always use templar as an example.
    Templars got a dedicated skillline of healing skills. So they are the best healers?
    But if you look closely they are not as much better as restoration staff heals (which are available to all classes). On top of that. They all cost magicka and the casting time and amount of magicka cost is also making any difference almost void. You can only cast one healing skill at a time and they all cost magicka. So in the end it only gives more options (which has nothing to do with effectiveness). the same goes for passive. they don't do much more either. all in all, templars are (slightly) better at healing, but any seasoned player would not mind a lot to have a non-templar for healing.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    -snip-As for the sets I have researched and it seems the 5-7 trait sets just are not that appealing, they certainly don't do much for my build, seems if you are a sorc the choices are many.

You _really_ need to at least try out a full 5 piece set of Hundings Rage, really you do...
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elephant42, Thanks, not sure how I missed that one but the crit bonus is insane, en route to craft. Thanks so much for the reply!!!!
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS