Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Damaged items

simiid
simiid
Hello,

What happens with a weapon if gets damaged and I don't repair it at all ? Does it get broken and I might lose it ?
Also, I saw that some weapons have a blue bar which diminishes during battles. That blue bar is the one who should be repaired ? What is that blue bar, because other items doesn't have it ?

Thanks
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapons don't take damage. The blue bar indicates the remaining charges on their enchantment. Once an enchantment runs out of charges it goes dormant until you recharge it.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And when it comes to armor, if it breaks you simply loose the bonuses it would give. if its part of a set then it stops counting towards the set bonus and you get no Physical or Spell resistant from the item. But simply repair it and your good to go again
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And when it comes to armor, if it breaks you simply loose the bonuses it would give. if its part of a set then it stops counting towards the set bonus and you get no Physical or Spell resistant from the item. But simply repair it and your good to go again

It also stops counting as equipped for the purposes of armor passives and (I assume) the 5pc Champion stars and Undaunted passive.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It also stops counting as equipped for the purposes of armor passives and (I assume) the 5pc Champion stars and Undaunted passive.

Actually one of those is not true...I remember *something* still working, I forget if it was the armor type passives or armor set though xD I'll have to check again next time I grind til my armor breaks to pieces lol.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

Actually one of those is not true...I remember *something* still working, I forget if it was the armor type passives or armor set though xD I'll have to check again next time I grind til my armor breaks to pieces lol.

I thought it was the enchantments that kept working. Though, it could be the set bonuses, it's been awhile since I deliberately let my gear break.
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you let your armor get to zero condition, you lose the armor enchant, and the light/med/heavy armor passives, but the set bonuses still work.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • Pyrocyborg
    Pyrocyborg
    ✭✭
    As akavir_sentinel said, I think set bonuses still work even the piece (or all pieces, for that matter) is damaged. We can still see the set bonuses highlighted in white, and it seems that some of the most obvious 5 pieces bonus ones (Magnus set or Warlock, for example) still worked while I was leveling my alt.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it possible to repair your own armor with crafting, or are you limited to paying for the repairs? While it would be quite disappointing to not be able to handle my own repairs, I suppose that there are so few things to spend money on so...
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    Is it possible to repair your own armor with crafting, or are you limited to paying for the repairs? While it would be quite disappointing to not be able to handle my own repairs, I suppose that there are so few things to spend money on so...

You can buy repair kits to repair your stuff out in the field, but so far I haven't ever been THAT far away from a shop of some sort where I could stop for repairs.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can buy repair kits to repair your stuff out in the field, but so far I haven't ever been THAT far away from a shop of some sort where I could stop for repairs.

Primarily, repair kits are for dungeon runs that go horribly wrong, and you need to fix your gear on the spot, rather than normal play.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Primarily, repair kits are for dungeon runs that go horribly wrong, and you need to fix your gear on the spot, rather than normal play.

For me its primarily for SO runs. Stuff always gets dmg'ed in SO whether you died or not.
  • gazzaho
    gazzaho
    Soul Shriven
    Repairs cost way too much and are a money sink, at the start you are better just scrapping white and selling/researching green and above gear when women out and making your own, you level your crafting in order to make better gear.

I've just started so I could be wrong, but I'm at level 10 with a sorcerer and I haven't repaired any gear at all, I make my own light armour and my own staves and glyphs for enchantments or dropped/reward gear, the enchanting mats are the hardest to find though as dismantling green gear doesn't drop runes, only iron, leather, cloth and improvement mats.
  • simiid
    simiid
    How do I replenish my enchantment on my weapon ? I am a level 14 DK.

Also it would been nice to see somewhere all the stats and items of your champ and which one is running out or "out of order" instead to go with mouse over each item to see if it's ok.
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    simiid wrote: »
    How do I replenish my enchantment on my weapon ? I am a level 14 DK.

Also it would been nice to see somewhere all the stats and items of your champ and which one is running out or "out of order" instead to go with mouse over each item to see if it's ok.

You have to use soul gems. Select your weapon and then choose "charge", and then choose which soul gem you want to use and click "charge" again.

ccb669dca9c781851f1ea5113a10f801080367af.jpg
    Edited by NovaMarx on August 10, 2015 10:09PM
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar