The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dark cloak

Mr_Koh
Mr_Koh
✭✭✭
Dark cloak - so let's talk about dark cloak first, all gap closers bring you out of cloak. All of these gap closers are single target so I'm not sure of this was intended or not. But if you run into a NB that spams ambush you will not be able to go into cloak at all. I know we still want it to have counters but I don't think we want ambush spamming to be a rewarding playstyle against anyone. Also cloak isn't getting you out of any sticky situation of gap closers bring you out of it. At a distance that's their one option to get to you, and I feel that if I successfully created distance then I should be able to successfully cloak.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I highly doubt they CAN get it right.

Just to reiterate, I saw no improvement with Cloaks functionality over what is currently live whatsoever.

To the OP, this is exactly how Cloak is and has worked for a long time, but you are right, it shouldn't.

To the devs- Was this supposed change tested to be confirmed in 1.7? Because not a single NB testing 1.7 is seeing it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Xeniph on July 31, 2015 6:29PM
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • shadowcoder
    shadowcoder
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on this?
    EU Server DC PC | Azuras Star

Nightblade VR 14 - Arkanios
    Templar VR 14 - Anthorios
    Dragonknight VR 14 - Grimror
    Sorcerer VR 14 - Cyrenee
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak has enough counters... I thought the plan was to make it immune to single target attacks?
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Honestly, I think Zos regrets creating stealth as a mechanic and NB as a class and have no idea how to fix it.

If NB stealth worked in a way that was LOGICAL it would be OP. But when broken it's totally freaking worthless.

I have no faith in my NB ever working in a way that feels natural, logical, and balanced.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion:

Maybe it would be easier to give Cloak a 100% magicka cost penalty on recasting, and just change it so nothing can ever break it. AoE skills would damage the Nightblade whiled Cloaked, but it would not break the Cloak. So if you Cloaked, you'd stay Cloaked for the duration and nothing can pull you out, not any potions, skills, mechanics or attacks.

That may be easier than trying to fix something the game engine obviously isn't capable of supporting.
    Edited by Zsymon on August 8, 2015 5:21AM
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for them to fix the fact that MANY mobs can see right through cloak while in combat.......I can use it to run right past everything but once I am in combat those very same mobs all of a sudden gain "see invisibility"? WTF is that all about?

Don't believe me try it against the Crag Trolls or Storm Atronachs...you will not be stealthing out of combat.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let's talk about Dark Cloak. Dark Cloak makes you immune to single target attacks, even though your enemy has detected you with flare, magelight or whatever. This is freaking broken and OP and you know it.
    THAT'S the buggy thing about cloak, nothing else. You might want your cookie cutter cloak to negate all damage :) And if this gap closer problem is an unintended bug, then they should fix it.

But it's way more important to fix this unkillable aspect of Cloak before anything else.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.