The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Guide] Provisioning 1-50 in less than 30 minutes

bbritton8883525_ESO
Here's what you need (this is considering you are a level 1 cook):

4 green recipes and the materials listed for each.

1. A level 15 green recipe and 90 of each ingredient

2. A level 25 green recipe and 75 of each ingredient

3. A level 35 green recipe and 85 of each ingredient

4. A level 45 green recipe and 120 of each ingredient

This process will be quicker if you use the Multicraft Addon.

Here's what you do:

1. Make the level 15 recipe until you get to level 20 provisioning (should take a couple less than 90)

2. Put a skill point into Recipe Improvement

3. Make the level 25 recipe until you get to level 30 provisioning (should take a few less than 75)

4. Put a skill point into Recipe Improvement

5. Make the level 35 recipe until you get to level 40 provisioning (should take a few less than 85)

6. Put a skill point into Recipe Improvement

7. Make the level 45 recipe until you get to level 50 provisioning (should take a few less than 120)

Congratulations on becoming a Master Provisioner!!

PS.... This will go faster if you have CP allocated into Inspiration Boost
  • Iscoregoals
    Very misleading title, thought there would be some info in here as far as gathering the materials. Doesnt really matter much if it takes us 30 mins of pressing X next to fire. The hard part would be gathering the materials, this guide just lists the obvious.
  • bbritton8883525_ESO
    Well DOH!! I'm sure that you can figure out how to find/get the ingredients for whichever recipe you decide to use. Title is not misleading; you just wanna gripe for the sake of griping.

Move along.
  • predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭
    Well DOH!! I'm sure that you can figure out how to find/get the ingredients for whichever recipe you decide to use. Title is not misleading; you just wanna gripe for the sake of griping.

Move along.

It kinda is misleading, it more like 3 hours to get the ingredients then 30min make the food.
    -Daggerfall Covenant Xbox NA-
    Class 1 - imperial dragon knight vet 10
    Class 2 - dark elf templar vet 1
    Master crafter
  • Groggpuffar
    predkill29 wrote: »

Move along.

It kinda is misleading, it more like 3 hours to get the ingredients then 30min make the food.

Then it's not misleading if it's 30min to make the food. If he would make a guide on how to gather ingredients that would be, more or less, stupid.

Thanks for this post, I'll follow this and start make some badass food!
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Move along.

have you seen others tutorials? dont get me wrong I love people that tries to help others but as some already has said, your step to step guide is lacking abit from going from decent guide, to epic/awesome guide

1. How many skill points in total do you need to have saved up in order to do it
    2. Which recipes are in the right range to have, just a few to go find and aim for
    3. How many mats this will require and which

• Novustratum
    Novustratum
    ✭✭
    It is a very generic guide and just states the obvious. List the available recipes in the level ranges people need to use to get them to 20, 30, 40, 50, and which locations they should be checking containers or other sources for those recipes. Then, list the specific ingredients needed for said recipes so people know what to keep or what to pass on so they don't fill their inventory with a bunch of useless ingredients they won't need for this 30 minute leveling process.

And yes, the title is very misleading because it leads people to believe they can get to 50 provisioning just starting out with no materials on hand and no recipes learned yet, then they click the link and see a guide that expects them to have hours of work already done to do this 30 minutes of crafting. Again, it's just something stating the obvious and telling people what to do after they already did the ground work and I'm sure know what to do, not really a guide.
    Edited by Novustratum on August 7, 2015 3:25PM
    Success comes from experience, experience comes from failure, failure comes from trying.
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the guide. It gave me the recipe level breaks and #'s of mats to have on hand before I start. I prefer this summarized format as it makes a great reference.

• 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭
    You can also do it without even spending a skill point. All you need is a low level recipe and 10,000 of each ingredient. See how that doesn't help much.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

Thinking about coming back to play...
  • predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭

Move along.

Then it's not misleading if it's 30min to make the food. If he would make a guide on how to gather ingredients that would be, more or less, stupid.

Thanks for this post, I'll follow this and start make some badass food!

You must be his friend or something.
    -Daggerfall Covenant Xbox NA-
    Class 1 - imperial dragon knight vet 10
    Class 2 - dark elf templar vet 1
    Master crafter
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP thank you so much!

I get asked about provisioning a lot, and instead of explaining it all over each time, I can now link to this thread. It is very simple, short and well explained.

To people who wonder where or how to farm or buy ingredients: some can be bought at vendors, guild traders and it can be farmed in ingame containers and on tables. Purple ingredients come from writ rewards and hireling mails and are not farmable. Perfect roe ingredient can be obtained by filet the fish you fish, such as salmon....
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Cap!

Rather obvious info and no specific details. The logic of levelling the Provisioning is quite simple: the most XP are gained from the highest level recipe. But you can't use this recipe at once while your provisioning level is too low at the beginning. So you need gradually level it up, aquiring 15, 25, 35 etc level recipies.

This thread would be of a higher value if its author make some advices on what specific recipies and ingredients should be bought to minimize the money spent on this levelling (let's say, it's rather expensive to level up by burning in the oven such ingredients as frost myriam, bervez juice etc.)
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In other words, I should just focus on stocking up on the necessary ingredients until I can get my hands on the necessary recipes... I'd also like to point out that this just shows how flawed the crafting skills really are. You can level Provisioning from 0-50 in 30 minutes (minus the necessary resource gathering), however the other crafting skills (especially Enchanting) take so much longer to level. I'm am by no means implying that they should reduce the time needed to level crafting, however, maxing Provisioning in 30 minutes is kind of a joke.
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    ...maxing Provisioning in 30 minutes is kind of a joke.

The time it takes to acquire the resources and recipes is not inconsequential. The other consumable crafting profession, alchemy, can similarly be leveled in a short period of time once the materials are on hand. And no recipes are required for it.

I think its acceptable for consumables to be leveled at a different rate than the gear crafting professions. But that's just my opinion.

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tessie wrote: »
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    ...maxing Provisioning in 30 minutes is kind of a joke.

The time it takes to acquire the resources and recipes is not inconsequential. The other consumable crafting profession, alchemy, can similarly be leveled in a short period of time once the materials are on hand. And no recipes are required for it.

I think its acceptable for consumables to be leveled at a different rate than the gear crafting professions. But that's just my opinion.

I certainly agree that the different crafting skills can have different leveling rates, however I can guarantee that even if you had enough consumables/resources on hand, you would not be able to level Blacksmithing, Clothiering, or Woodcrafting even remotely that quickly. That being said, you must also admit, that finding/looting/stealing food, and even finding plants for Alchemy goes so much quicker than finding Ore, Wood, or Glyphs. All in all, I just find it silly that a skill can be leveled from 1-50 in such a short period of time. (Granted, if I could level my Bow from 1-50 in 30 minutes, I might have a change of heart...)
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭

Move along.
    Wow this is so helpful to all of us console players. Good thing we can use that handy add-on you /need/.
    uwu
  • EddieHavok
    This is great for the late in life provisioners like myself. I have a few (75+) recipes from some various levels and I recently have been stocking ingredients on one of my alts. So when I'm ready I'll need to consult a real guide on the locations of the ingredients I need for my specific recipes in my inventory and make sure that none of them need the same ingredients. I believe that my other low level alts will not have as easy of a time with this.
    LFG/PS4/NA/EP/SorcV4
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Move along.

Yes, I tend to agree. I would actually say if you could find all you need in three hours you're doing very well.

Whilst this guide is still certainly useful, by far the most important part of any professions progression is the gathering of components part. Once the resources required are collected the actual making of the item/s takes relatively no time/skill/technique.

Perhaps @bbritton8883525_ESO you could amend your guide and add in a comprehensive list of where to gather said items. Now that would extremely worthwhile I'm sure.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • bbritton8883525_ESO
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Perhaps @bbritton8883525_ESO you could amend your guide and add in a comprehensive list of where to gather said items. Now that would extremely worthwhile I'm sure.

I do apologize for taking it for granted that everyone would understand that this was just for the crafting portion. As far as which recipes to use and which ingredients to use; you can pick whichever recipe that you want for that specific level.

Green recipes in general are really cheap and easy to acquire. As far as the ingredients go; for the small amount of each ingredient that you need for each recipe, you can either buy them or steal them from containers.

If you are buying them, check prices on provisioning materials and choose a recipe that uses cheap mats. You can find a list of the provisioning recipes and their respective ingredients here 1.6 Master Provisioning Recipe List.

If you plan on stealing the mats needed for this task, be prepared to spend more time doing it this way. A quick way to get these mats would be to find a dwelling that has a lot of barrels, crates, and sacks to loot/steal. If you are in a building when you do this, the fastest way to farm these mats is to log out to character select screen and then back in. This will reset some/all of the containers for you. Keep doing this over and over until you get what you need. There are also added benefits of doing this as well. Containers can contain motifs and also other recipes. Blue/purple recipes can sell for a good penny. Get a few of these to sell and then buy your mats for a quicker turnaround. Also, any mats that you steal can be fenced which will increase your legerdermain skill as well.

With this information; I hope that you will be able to level your provisioning in a reasonable amount of time. I personally purchased the mats and then levelled my craft. I was able to go from beginning to end in around 30 minutes. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Looking back; I wish that I had gone the steal/fence route so that I could have gotten some motifs/recipes and also levelled my thieving skill at the same time.

Good luck everyone!

• c4msl
    c4msl
    Soul Shriven
    Here is my guide for 1-50 in provisioning. I recommend that you get the Addon Multicraft, this will reduce the time of having to click the R button to craft over and over again. Sticking with Meat/Food recipes. Fish is one of the cheapest ingredients to buy if to buy or you can go fishing. Poultry is another one that is fairly cheap and easy to obtain. You can farm poultry in Wrothgar from the penguins on the coast or you can slay them on the Farm in Eastmarch @ Voljars Meadery.

0-5 Fish Stick (Fish)
    5 - 10 Tarragon Chicken (Poultry + Seasoning)
    10-15 pumpkin cheesecake (Pumpkin + cheese)
    15-20 Rabbit Millet Pilaf (Small game + Millet)
    20-30 salted cod (Fish+ Seasoning)
    30-35 senchal curry and rice (Fish + Saltrice)
    35-40 crispy cheddar chicken (Poultry + cheese)
    40- 45 stros M’Kai grilled Seagull (Poultry + Garlic)
    45-50 Blackligh oxen Meatballs (Red Meat + Saltrice)
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the guide.

I have been too busy to complete my own provisioning guide and this post provided the missing info I needed to collect: The quantities of materials.

It is now complete.
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-spoiler-provisioning-leveling/

Any comments / feedback would be appreciated.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy thread necro ...
    blink.gif
  • MajorHow
    MajorHow
    Soul Shriven
    Thank for the guide ! Still works as of today ! For those who complain it is more than 30 mins please understand that this guide is for those who already have the ingredients and recipes but not sure how to go about it and achieve 50 Provision fast and efficient. And for the guy who said you have to press x on the fire everytime, theres this add on called Multi Craft, which he mentioned in the thread, and can be found on Minion. It allow you to key in the number of food/drinks to craft and you can just chill back while the exp kicks in. Thanks alot once again !
  • SteveyP777
    Definitely a misleading title but that doesn't take from its usefulness - thank you very much for putting this together!