Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master of Leki's Blade quest is ridiculously difficult

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently switched to a DPS build, but now my health is so damn low that I can't stand against the pupils for longer than 30 seconds.

I tried doing a healer/tank build initially but it took me WAY too long to kill most enemies, so I paid to reset my attributes and skill points. I invested my attribute points the same, except all the ones I had previously invested in health I dumped into stamina, increasing my DPS.

One of them is always using one of those charged up attacks, forcing me to use stamina to either dodge, block, or interrupt it.

My stamina is drained ridiculously quickly and when it runs out I can't block or dodge anymore. The next thing I know one of them uppercuts me, sends me flying, and then they kill me before I can recover.

I have a healing spell (I'm a Templar), but casting it takes 1.7 seconds (I swear to god even the morph with "reduced cast time" is still too damn long), during which I can't dodge or block. I die whilst casting it every single***-ing time. Even when I cast it my health is only restored to about half.

As for potions, they're worthless considering once I've used one, I can't last long enough to use another. I get that they added the cooldown for balancing issues, but unless they can come up with an in-game excuse as to why that's not allowed, I think they should at least reduce it.

UPDATE: Whilst writing this I wasted 2 skill points on the "instant" healing spell. Firstly, that spell is NOT instant. You still have to wait for the animation to complete itself. Secondly, it restores *** all of my health. In order to get proper use out of that spell, I'd need to cast it twice in quick succession, which drains magicka like crazy and wastes time.

The same thing happens, the students force me to use all my stamina to dodge/interrupt/block their attacks. When it's all out, one of them stuns me and then they kill me before I can recover.

If spending in-game or real money to rearrange your stats and skills is mandatory to progress in this game, then why the *** do they market it as allowing people to play how they want?
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    playing how you want doesn't mean that having a crap build should allow you to be succesfull.

It is ill advised to put no point in self-protection. If you made that mistake you need to pay the fee to correct that.

Also, if you have trouble with maintaining stamina while all your points are in stamina you likely have nothing invested in physical resistance or stamina recover. Those are important as well in using a blocking tactics.

You learned your build is not good enough, instead of blaiming it to the game, use this knowledge to improve. The above tips is what I can do with the limited info given inbetween all the energy wasting rants. If you want more, please give more info bout the build.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    What armor are you using?
    Have you put any points into it?
    Is the armor at your current level?
    Is the armor broken or so weak it can't protect you properly?
    How did you morph your skills?

We can help you better if we know what weapons you are using, skills, passives, etc....

I have successfully completed that area with 2 different characters - not the easiest area but doable.

• Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pyro117 wrote: »

We can help you better if we know what weapons you are using, skills, passives, etc....

I have successfully completed that area with 2 different characters - not the easiest area but doable.

I managed to beat them by climbing on a tent. Don't ask me why, but they stopped attacking me for some reason.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

I managed to beat them by climbing on a tent. Don't ask me why, but they stopped attacking me for some reason.

Although I doubt it will get you in trouble, it is actually an exploit and something they can suspend you for. GZ for getting through though. I still urge you to look at your build. If you have trouble with that, you will have more trouble in later maps and veteran zones.

PC player - EU
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

Although I doubt it will get you in trouble, it is actually an exploit and something they can suspend you for. GZ for getting through though. I still urge you to look at your build. If you have trouble with that, you will have more trouble in later maps and veteran zones.

How can they suspend me for nothing more than climbing on a tent? Even if it makes the game easier, it's only because of their shoddy work on the enemies' AI.

As for my build, I know what I did wrong and how to fix it.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

How can they suspend me for nothing more than climbing on a tent? Even if it makes the game easier, it's only because of their shoddy work on the enemies' AI.

As for my build, I know what I did wrong and how to fix it.

A bug is when the game is behaving wrongly (something that isn't designed to work that way). They happen and every game has them. An exploit is when you misuse such a bug to gain an unfair advantage. As you said, the stopped attacking you for no reason, so it is a bug. As you used it to gain an advantage (finish a quest while you didnt deserve the progress), you are guilty of exploiting. That is against the user agreement.
    As said, it is unlikely they take action, specially cause you only used it once. But I would urge you to take rules more serious. They exist for a reason and thinking you can decide for yourself what is ok or not is likely going to get you into trouble.

PC player - EU