The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

To all NB's - How does the new Agony and morph's feels to you?

H3kkx
H3kkx
✭✭
I have tested it alot the last days.
For me, the skill is on the right way now.
But one thing have to fix - if it's possible.
It is ok that the the stun effect don't trigger on big PVE enemies like Bosses, but i think the DOT should always apply on these targets to make it useful for PVE content.

How do you think about it now?

please excuse my bad english i'm not a native! :smile:
Edited by H3kkx on July 31, 2015 2:19PM
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should have been this way from day 1. With all the nerds to block and dodge roll this is yet another essential skill for NB's especially stamina builds. Good job ZOS, please don't change it.
    NA/PC
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So it is actually good now? I always thought the name fit its usage... agony.

Took too long to cast, cc not strong enough, and dot was barely noticeable.
    Playing since beta...
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    It should have been this way from day 1. With all the nerds to block and dodge roll this is yet another essential skill for NB's especially stamina builds. Good job ZOS, please don't change it.

O yeah a lot of "nerds " cant roll doge anymore....

On topic, I've NEVER used agony and maybe i will consider it worth a place in one of my bars if it become more like fossilize
    Signature

• TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least you can get it off now though. The dot and the explosion are really weak though.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They had made it instant cast. This however does not change the fact that the skill can't even begin to justify a spot from the limited slot space. For pve it is only worth it something for flavor solo builds which it already did. For pvp it looks like it can be used to annoy people much more efficiently but not effective enough to justify itself. Simply put, almost everything else is a better option than this skill.

I don't really have any hope for this skill. I would have it replaced with a placeable circular AOE with a small snare since NBs are the only class that doesn't have one.
    Edited by PBpsy on July 31, 2015 3:36PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

They had made it instant cast. This however does not change the fact that the skill can't even begin to justify a spot from the limited slot space. For pve it is only worth it something for flavor solo builds which it already did. For pvp it looks like it can be used to annoy people much more efficiently but not effective enough to justify itself. Simply put, almost everything else is a better option than this skill.

I don't really have any hope for this skill. I would have it replaced with a placeable circular AOE with a small snare since NBs are the only class that doesn't have one.

Oh I dunno, it can now be as annoying as Fossilize.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

Close but this is still worse since target can't take any damage and there is no root when effect ends.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's still pretty useless. The dot damage is negligible to warrant this a spot on the bar for pvp. As the target just cc breaks.
    It is however fun to troll with lol.

Kinda reminds me the old days of Rune Prison trolling.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

At least you can get it off now though. The dot and the explosion are really weak though.

The DoT & explosion scale with magicka/spell damage if I'm not mistaken, so if you're playing a stamina NB they will naturally feel underwhelming.
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    So dows this now effect pve bosses?
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Could it perhaps be tailored to being an anti-break free mechanic? I hesitate to ask for an Unstable Affliction copy from WoW, but it is a nice niche role for a skill to supply....

Make the DoT tick while the target is CCed instead of after CC breaks + Tack on an effect that if the target breaks free it does a sizable nuke. Nothing outrageous, but enough to give a decent slap on the wrist for breaking free.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

Close but this is still worse since target can't take any damage and there is no root when effect ends.

Fossilize is annoying largely because you can be hit by Fossilize 5 times in under 5 seconds.

How?

You're petrified, your attacker damages you and breaks you out of petrify. You do not get CC immunity, so you can petrify -> wrecking blow -> petrify to cause emotional distress.

If being broken out of Agony doesn't apply CC immunity like Petrify, expect many fun times.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Jaxx
    Jaxx
    I was wondering what people and devs think of possibly adjusting Agony and morphs to instead of building the strength of the damage the longer they are stunned (which promotes almost immediate breaking free to reduce damage and sitting there doing nothing), to instead have the damage ramp DOWN the longer they are stunned from a higher initial value.

This would now make the person think whether to take more damage or sit there doing nothing. It could even ramp down to zero damage if waiting out the whole stun.

I.E. Break within 1 sec causes 100% damage value, break after 15 sec causes 50%, etc.
    This in my mind would be a true agony, and could be an interesting dynamic in pvp :)

Thoughts?
  • Rescorla_ESO
    Rescorla_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxx wrote: »
    I was wondering what people and devs think of possibly adjusting Agony and morphs to instead of building the strength of the damage the longer they are stunned (which promotes almost immediate breaking free to reduce damage and sitting there doing nothing), to instead have the damage ramp DOWN the longer they are stunned from a higher initial value.

This would now make the person think whether to take more damage or sit there doing nothing. It could even ramp down to zero damage if waiting out the whole stun.

I.E. Break within 1 sec causes 100% damage value, break after 15 sec causes 50%, etc.
    This in my mind would be a true agony, and could be an interesting dynamic in pvp :)

Thoughts?

That is a good suggestion. IMO 30 seconds is too long a CC for PVP so shorten it to around 10 seconds and then apply your diminishing damage suggestion. If the person hit with it allows the CC to last the full duration, then the damage when it ends should be zero or close to negligible. If they break CC right off the bat, then there should be some painful repercussion.
  • LilChihuahua
    LilChihuahua
    ✭✭✭
    Does agony go thru block and roll like petrify? If not screw it. Also I agree with OP DOT shud apply to CC immune targets.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agony needs to be 7.5 minutes. That's how long it takes me to get coffee, use the facilities and feed the cat.I would preferably cast this and then complete those tasks and upon my return be able to resume where I left off.