The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Khajit passives

hedna123b14_ESO
hedna123b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I've played this game since beta and made my main a templar Khajit. While leveling i discovered I enjoyed healing and DPSing. With the last change to racial passives when 1.6 dropped my race passives became completely obsolete. Anyway that Carnage can be made to apply to weapon as well as spell crit? I enjoy playing him and do really well in trials/DSA, but I always feel handicapped compared to others in terms of my peak performance. I don't think such a change would give the Khajit any unfair advantage, but could instead introduce and interesting racial choice over altmer/breton for a templar...
  • yeso112860
    Carnage can be made to apply to weapon as well as spell crit?...
    There is no indication in notes indicate that would also affect spell crit.
    I don't think such a change would give the Khajit any unfair advantage...
    Be that as it may, if you measure passives as CP's %8 weapon crit is 20 CP plus you want added 20 CP value as well.
    On the other hand Breton %3 spell cost reduction is 6 CP. Altmer %12 regen is 35 CP.
    In addition Robust Constitution %20 HP regen is 73 CP, %10 Stam regen is 27 CP total is 100 CP which is heaviest of all racials (maybe you do not care about HP regen at all but it still costs CP to get it from system). So, be content with what you have :smiley:
  • asteldian
    asteldian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, but how many champ points does it take to get ~3000 in a resource? Because that is what a max resource race passive is giving? Whatever the value, keep in mind you would need 3x the amount to actually get that amount for the specific resource due to having to go through all 3 trees
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeso112860 wrote: »
    Carnage can be made to apply to weapon as well as spell crit?...
    There is no indication in notes indicate that would also affect spell crit.
    I don't think such a change would give the Khajit any unfair advantage...
    Be that as it may, if you measure passives as CP's %8 weapon crit is 20 CP plus you want added 20 CP value as well.
    On the other hand Breton %3 spell cost reduction is 6 CP. Altmer %12 regen is 35 CP.
    In addition Robust Constitution %20 HP regen is 73 CP, %10 Stam regen is 27 CP total is 100 CP which is heaviest of all racials (maybe you do not care about HP regen at all but it still costs CP to get it from system). So, be content with what you have :smiley:

1. Yes there is no indication of this change in the notes, hence why I am advocating for one.
    2. Your CP measuring is pointless and has no concrete connection to the matter, since if I go stam build the spell crit will be utterly useless to me, so the change to carnage would only affect magicka builds which dont benefit much from health and stamina regen (may be a small benefit in PvP, but in PvE, it is all but useless).
    3. It would present an interesting choice difference to proffered classes without adding an OP benefit..
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on August 5, 2015 1:52PM
  • yeso112860
    You have right to request it due to the fact that trait is useless as you have explained but playing Altmer would also have same result for stamina users (utterly useless racial trait).
    CP measuring is maybe not be applicable for all cases but when Altmer character wants to make up for not having Breton's Magicka Mastery all must be done is spend 6 CP (Thief->Tower->Magician) on the other hand when Breton character wants to make up for not having Altmer's Spell Charge he/she has to spend 35 CP (Thief->Lover->Arcanist) thats concrete I assure you. You can apply same logic for most traits except main stat percantage icreasing ones which can be also simulated by comparing mundus values.
    But you are as always free to believe or request whatever you want.

Edit: as you level up in champion ladder you will have to spend more CP to close racial gap but it doesnt matter since champion system traits also go in percentages. Basing above example if Altmer already had 30 in Magician he has to spend 22 more for %3 but at Breton case if I had 30 in Arcanist I must spend 58 more to close the gap. And how is that any fair?
    Edited by yeso112860 on August 5, 2015 3:52PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeso112860 wrote: »
    You have right to request it due to the fact that trait is useless as you have explained but playing Altmer would also have same result for stamina users (utterly useless racial trait).
    CP measuring is maybe not be applicable for all cases but when Altmer character wants to make up for not having Breton's Magicka Mastery all must be done is spend 6 CP (Thief->Tower->Magician) on the other hand when Breton character wants to make up for not having Altmer's Spell Charge he/she has to spend 35 CP (Thief->Lover->Arcanist) thats concrete I assure you. You can apply same logic for most traits except main stat percantage icreasing ones which can be also simulated by comparing mundus values.
    But you are as always free to believe or request whatever you want.

Edit: as you level up in champion ladder you will have to spend more CP to close racial gap but it doesnt matter since champion system traits also go in percentages. Basing above example if Altmer already had 30 in Magician he has to spend 22 more for %3 but at Breton case if I had 30 in Arcanist I must spend 58 more to close the gap. And how is that any fair?

1. If they choose not to change this particular passive then at least they should grant me a free racial change, because when I originally was playing this race it DID help me, with the 1.6 changes it doesn't so its not even a right its their job, since they changed the system but didn't provide a way to adjust to the changes.
    2. When comparing Breton and Altmer you can compare gains and losses through which ever arbitrary comparison you choose (CP). I call it arbitrary because you claim that you can "make up" for lost passives...you cannot since it is all additive, and at the point of about 900 CP your make up mechanic begins to fail since you have now maxed those traits and now racial passives regain their dominance. Since I plan to acquire much more than 900 CP my race benefits are very important to me and cant be made up. In the case of Khajit, (as I have already stated) the change to Carnage would only benefit a specific spec and invalidate the other passives if they choose to play that spec, thus making it balanced. Furthermore even with such a change implemented I would bet that most people would still go breton/altmer for their magicka users...
  • yeso112860
    Exactly, they did not provide a way to adjust changes, other than reroll to new character which is by default.
    As for comparison, be that arbitrary or not it requires a point of origin and I see CP to fit in better than the alternative (nothing but how long tail or tall eyebrows makes me feel ). Let it fail at 800 instead of 900, personally I have about a year to get there others can grind themselves to no end for all I care, I probably wont be around playing this about that time.
    Back to subject, no I believe giving also spell crit is over board. Go ahead, and make it up with CP.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max magicka cant be made up with CP nor can crit...the CP passive that all magicka users use is the same - 12% and cant be increased with more CP...the only thing I can make up is regen, but the point is I cant...all the points i can put in regen are already there...i cant take them away from something else and put them into magicka regen...if for example I had points in health and stam regen as a khajit I could move those points into magicka...but as it stands i cannt "make up" the gap between me and other players and this change would IN NO WAY ( you haven't yet countered this point) make Khajit unfairly unbalanced and thus should be something the devs look into....the whole point of the game is to create unique combinations of skills and builds, by creating such dedicated magicka races as breton and altmer it kind of promotes cookie cutter builds...i think diversification such as the one I am proposing would benefit build diversity without upsetting balance...