Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Is Being a Werewolf/Vampire Good or Bad?

• ForgottenHeretic
    Try enchanting, anyway the fire damage is going down so it wont be nearly as much of a problem as it is, if you want to be a vampire don't let it dissuade you
  • ForgottenHeretic
    Try enchanting, anyway the fire damage is going down so it wont be nearly as much of a problem as it is, if you want to be a vampire don't let it dissuade you
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

i heardthey were supposed to be reducing the fire damage and posion damabge the vampire and werewolf takes

I really don't know where you heard that, but with the newest patch on the PTS there's no changes to either so I'm going to assume that they changes you heard about won't be coming anytime soon.

From the PTS Patch Notes v2.1:

•Werewolf
    •You can now safely press the button for the werewolf ultimate repeatedly without fear of immediately reverting back to normal again.
    •Removed Stamina Regeneration from Lycanthropy; it now requires Werewolf Transformation to be slotted in your ability bar.
    •Reduced the poison damage you receive while in Werewolf form to 25% from 40%.
    •Fixed an issue which was allowing Negate Magic to pull Werewolves out of Werewolf Form.
    •Fixed an issue where heavy attacks would play twice before striking your target while in werewolf form.
    •You can no longer fish or use the dye station while in werewolf form.
    •Devour: This ability can no longer target a destroyed Aura of Protection totem.
    •Infectious Claws (Claws of Anguish morph): Fixed an issue where the healing debuff was stacking with other healing debuffs.
    •Savage Strength (passive): This passive will no longer will be removed when your character is killed.

•Vampire
    •Reduced the fire damage you receive to 25% from 40%.
    •Drain Essence: This ability now restores 10% of your health every second, and stuns your target on activation. It can be used on CC-immune targets, and can be used all the time (it no longer activates the Feed debuff).
    •Supernatural Recovery (passive): This passive now only works while any Vampire ability is slotted in your ability bar.

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

i heardthey were supposed to be reducing the fire damage and posion damabge the vampire and werewolf takes

I really don't know where you heard that, but with the newest patch on the PTS there's no changes to either so I'm going to assume that they changes you heard about won't be coming anytime soon.

•Werewolf
    •You can now safely press the button for the werewolf ultimate repeatedly without fear of immediately reverting back to normal again.
    •Removed Stamina Regeneration from Lycanthropy; it now requires Werewolf Transformation to be slotted in your ability bar.
    •Fixed an issue which was allowing Negate Magic to pull Werewolves out of Werewolf Form.
    •Fixed an issue where heavy attacks would play twice before striking your target while in werewolf form.
    •Devour: This ability can no longer target a destroyed Aura of Protection totem.
    •Infectious Claws (Claws of Anguish morph): Fixed an issue where the healing debuff was stacking with other healing debuffs.
    •Savage Strength (passive): This passive will no longer will be removed when your character is killed.

•Vampire
    •Drain Essence: This ability now restores 10% of your health every second, and stuns your target on activation. It can be used on CC-immune targets, and can be used all the time (it no longer activates the Feed debuff).
    •Supernatural Recovery (passive): This passive now only works while any Vampire ability is slotted in your ability bar.

So this decrease in fire damage and poison is already in effect?
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

Enchanting what?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mugetsu wrote: »

Enchanting what?

You can use jewelry glyphs that increase fire resistance.
    To make them you need an invert potency run (e.g. Jode for level 1-10). Jode translates to Reduce.
    The second is Rakeipa (fire). So combining them results in "reduce fire". the last rune is the aspect rune that determines the amount of the deduction. The rune name is ....glyph of fire resist (where the ... is determined by the invert potency rune, and the quality (white, blu, yellow) is determined by the aspect rune
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

Enchanting what?

Also thanks
    Ranique wrote: »

Enchanting what?

To make them you need an invert potency run (e.g. Jode for level 1-10). Jode translates to Reduce.
    The second is Rakeipa (fire). So combining them results in "reduce fire". the last rune is the aspect rune that determines the amount of the deduction. The rune name is ....glyph of fire resist (where the ... is determined by the invert potency rune, and the quality (white, blu, yellow) is determined by the aspect rune

Sounds very tedious.. there is o place to buy runes or fire resistance pieces?
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

•Werewolf

•Vampire

The reduced fire and poison is already there then?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    DON"T STAND IN THE FIRE !

burning_vampire_by_xiox231-d51ytjr.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭

•Werewolf

•Vampire

not live yet .. thats PTS

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭

Enchanting what?

Also thanks

Enchanting what?

Guild store ... or players who can craft them

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »

•Werewolf

•Vampire

not live yet .. thats PTS

idk what pts means :/
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »

Enchanting what?

Also thanks

Enchanting what?

Guild store ... or players who can craft them

can u craft them ? :D also do u think i should wait to become vampire or werewolf then ? since i dont have any fire resistant stuff?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

PTS stands for Public Test Server. It is a server where the developers put upcoming new content and planned changes for major updates so that real players can test them before they go live. The purpose is to squash bugs and fix unintended consequences before the update is released on the real servers. Of course, things never go exactly as planned lol

All PC/Mac players are eligible to download the PTS servers, test the new game content (for major updates), and provide feedback to the developers.
    can u craft them ? :D also do u think i should wait to become vampire or werewolf then ? since i dont have any fire resistant stuff?

Yes, you can craft the fire resist enchantments, but you have to devote skill points and time to leveling enchanting (unless you are looking to craft for very low levels).

You could always just try vampire or werewolf and see if you like it. If you don't, you can always pay for the cure (it's only a small fee). Just make sure to respec any skill points you spent on testing it out before curing the disease, otherwise they get stuck in the werewolf/vamp trees and become unusable (until you become a wolf/vamp again).
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

PTS stands for Public Test Server. It is a server where the developers put upcoming new content and planned changes for major updates so that real players can test them before they go live. The purpose is to squash bugs and fix unintended consequences before the update is released on the real servers. Of course, things never go exactly as planned lol

All PC/Mac players are eligible to download the PTS servers, test the new game content (for major updates), and provide feedback to the developers.

Yes, you can craft the fire resist enchantments, but you have to devote skill points and time to leveling enchanting (unless you are looking to craft for very low levels).

You could always just try vampire or werewolf and see if you like it. If you don't, you can always pay for the cure (it's only a small fee). Just make sure to respec any skill points you spent on testing it out before curing the disease, otherwise they get stuck in the werewolf/vamp trees and become unusable (until you become a wolf/vamp again).

how do i respect the points? like do i get back a specific amount of points i put in the vamp tree?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    how do i respect the points? like do i get back a specific amount of points i put in the vamp tree?

The same way you respect all skill points (the shrine is your alliances capital city). You do not get a specific pool of skill points for vamp or werewolf. Its the same type of skill points you use for everything. However, if you get rid of the vampire or werewolf skill line (i.e. cure the disease) while it has points in it, then those points get locked in the skill line and you can't get them out when you respec later (unless you get bit again and become a vamp/were to open those lines back up).

Edited by Allyhoo811 on August 5, 2015 4:30PM
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    how do i respect the points? like do i get back a specific amount of points i put in the vamp tree?[/quote]

The same way you respect all skill points (the shrine is your alliances capital city). You do not get a specific pool of skill points for vamp or werewolf. Its the same type of skill points you use for everything. However, if you get rid of the vampire or werewolf skill line (i.e. cure the disease) while it has points in it, then those points get locked in the skill line and you can't get them out when you respec later (unless you get bit again and become a vamp/were to open those lines back up).

[/quote]

so if i decide to not be a vamp ill have to respect allllll my skill points? even the ones i put in every other tree? D;
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    how do i respect the points? like do i get back a specific amount of points i put in the vamp tree?[/quote]

[/quote]

also how do i feed? i press the y and b button but nothing happens :/
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

You need to press the y and b button when the message that you feed pops up.
    To feed you need to...
    1: go in stealth.
    2: approach from the back while staying hidden
    3: when you are close enough the message pops up and press the two buttons.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

You need to press the y and b button when the message that you feed pops up.
    To feed you need to...
    1: go in stealth.
    2: approach from the back while staying hidden
    3: when you are close enough the message pops up and press the two buttons.

ohhhh. and who can i feed on?
  • ForgottenHeretic
    Enemies, though powerful Daedra wont work. you can feed on innocents as well but that will get you a bounty on your head
    Edited by ForgottenHeretic on August 5, 2015 11:37AM