Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Rules for The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited Tel Var Stone Competition

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
RULES FOR THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: TAMRIEL UNLIMITED TEL VAR STONE COMPETITION

Compliance with all rules for The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited (ESOTU) Tel Var Stone Competition is a mandatory condition of participation. It is your responsibility to be aware of and understand the rules. If you have any questions in regards to rules we ask you to contact us.

The ESOTU Community Team staff makes the final decision in any ruling. Any rule may be altered at any time at the discretion of the ESOTU Community Team staff. All decisions dictated by the ESOTU Community Team staff are final.

By participating in the ESOTU Tel Var Stone Competition, each participant agrees to be bound by the rules set forth herein.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Tel Var Stone Competition

Participants will compete in the ESOTU Tel Var Stone Competition for a chance to win prizes that include ESOTU crowns and a Mind Shriven in-game mount.

1 ESOTU Tel Var Stone Competition Structure

1.1 Game
The ESOTU Tel Var Stone Competition will be held on the ESOTU playtest server (PTS), using the participants’ ESOTU characters of choice.

1.2 Eligibility
Eligible players must be 18 or older.
All ESOTU Community Team staff determinations on eligibility and scores shall be final and in their sole discretion.

1.3 Contest Periods
The ESOTU Tel Var Stone Competition shall take place during two unique contest periods on the PTS. The first contest period will begin on Monday, August 3, 2015 at 10:00 A.M.EDT and end on Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 11:59 P.M. EDT. The second contest period will begin on Monday, August 17, 2015 at 10:00 A.M. EDT and end on Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 11:59 P.M. EDT.

1.4 ESOTU Tel Var Stone Competition
During the contest periods, participants will be tasked with collecting Tel Var Stones in Imperial City on the PTS. The ten (10) players with the most Tel Var Stones collected at the end of each contest period will be the winners. “Most Tel Var Stones collected”, in this case, is based on the sum of the following, as tallied by ESOTU Community Team based on their internal data (no screenshots are required):
  • Number of Tel Var Stones in a player’s inventory at the end of the contest period;
  • Number of Tel Var Stones in a player’s bank at the end of the contest period; and
  • Total Tel Var Stones spent during the contest period.

1.5 Tel Var Stone Competition Prize Packs:
  • Top player for each contest period (2 total)
    • 3,000 crowns to spend in the Crown Store (ARV $24.99)
    • One Mind Shriven Horse mount, available when the Imperial City DLC game pack is published on the NA/EU Megaservers
  • 9 Runners up for each contest period (18 total)
    • 750 crowns to spend in the Crown Store (ARV $7.99)

2 General Rules

2.1 Personality Rights
By participating in the event, each participant grants to ZeniMax Online Studios LLC, a ZeniMax Media company, the right to use the participant’s name, image and/or likeness including, but not limited to, photographs, video recordings, and audio recordings for the purpose of advertising or promotional purposes, without further consent or consideration to the participant.

2.2 Rules Changes
The ESOTU Community staff may, in their discretion, suspend or modify any rule without further notice if, in their judgment, a modification is necessary to preserve the integrity of the competitions, or to prevent cheating or unfair circumstances.

3 Winnings

3.1 Free Agents
All ESOTU Tel Var Stone Competition participants will be recognized as free agents. Any prizes won by virtue of participation in the competitions will be made directly to the competition participants. All appropriate forms and tax documents (Form W-9 for US Taxpayers, Form W-8BEN for Non-US Taxpayers) must be filed by the participant.

3.2 Tax Responsibilities
Participants are solely responsible for the filing and payment of any taxes required by any government entity on any monies or prizes won by virtue of participation in the ESOTU Tel Var Stone Competition.

Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This needs a stickie. Its on page 6 of my PTS right now.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so only template characters for EU? :s
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    QuadroTony wrote: »
    so only template characters for EU? :s

No. EU can use their characters to compete during the second contest, starting August 17th. NA players will be template-only during that period, so it will all even out.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but eu players can participate in 1st wave?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The current contest is mostly gonna be who can grind lots of Daedra mobs for long stretches of time while the vast majority of the player base is offline. That is going to immediately discourage a huge swath of potential contest participants and testers. Somebody testing 1 hour a night can still provide valuable feedback, but let's face it, they don't have a snowball's chance in heck of winning this.

Maybe just choose some people at random to win similar prizes as the current contest, as long as they logged onto PTS during the contest period.

Basically, you need some reason for everybody to log on PTS and do some testing, both the 24/7 addicts and those with more limited testing time.

You guys love grinding and you love RNG. The existing contest could be the "grindy" way to win, while my idea for a second set of prizes could be the "RNG" way to win! :)
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    RULES FOR THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE: TAMRIEL UNLIMITED TEL VAR STONE COMPETITION

During the contest periods, participants will be tasked with collecting Tel Var Stones in Imperial City on the PTS. The ten (10) players with the most Tel Var Stones collected at the end of each contest period will be the winners. “Most Tel Var Stones collected”, in this case, is based on the sum of the following, as tallied by ESOTU Community Team based on their internal data (no screenshots are required):
    • Number of Tel Var Stones in a player’s inventory at the end of the contest period;
    • Number of Tel Var Stones in a player’s bank at the end of the contest period; and

Does this mean that if I gained 100 stones, then I spent those 100 stones, I would have a total of 200 stones tallied? Or, when I gain 100 stones and spend them on items, does it still remain as 100 stones tallied? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_JasonLeavey
    Edited by KriHavok on August 5, 2015 6:48PM
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As previously stated
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    lathbury wrote: »
    with the rampant bugs and exploits isnt this rewarding those that use them?

The point of the PTS is to try and find those bugs and exploits before they go live! That said, if we find you've used exploits repeatedly to win without reporting them, you will be disqualified.

This include using broken abilities that are giving too much armor or too much damage? Given how I have the broken flying dagger with 28k damage I'm refraining using it in Imperial City after seeing it's devastation last night. Other players may not be so trustworthy. And where would this line be drawn? Sorcs shields are bugged and shielding too much. Templar biting jabs have been identified as doing too much and will be fixed. So what bugs should we avoid and which are fair game?

Bottom line: Are certain known broken abilities (ones devs have a knowledge and have stated would be corrected next patch) allowed to be used in this contest if we filled out a bug report? If not, what is the line on which are allowed?
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    KriHavok wrote: »

Does this mean that if I gained 100 stones, then I spent those 100 stones, I would have a total of 200 stones tallied? Or, when I gain 100 stones and spend them on items, does it still remain as 100 stones tallied? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_JasonLeavey

It's simply a snapshot at the end that counts all of what you spent combined with what's in your inventory and bank at that moment.