The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Moon cycle

dudenamedchris
Please tell me when the next available time for a natural vampire bite is. I think it's a new moon but I don't understand the moon phases in ESO. Please explain
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore them, the moon phases are not relevant to vampire (or werewolf) spawns. They spawn periodically on certain nights in the Rift, Bangkorai, and Reaper's March, and that's about it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Grapedragon
    Is that a fact now? Opinions about wether or not the moon cycle matters are all over the place and I don't know whom to believe anymore :(
    Would be nice to know if my spawn camping on certain nights is useless or not :D
  • dudenamedchris
    Il tell you one thing. People are killing all the blood fiends and werewolves so they can prevent people from getting bitten the first way so they can sell the bites for 20k each. It's a broken feature that needs editing.
  • Grapedragon
    Yh, the few times I got lucky with werewolves, a vet player showed up and killed them within a minute :(

I can only stress: never pay for a bite, there are enough people out there who do it for free, you just need to be patient ;)