Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zero To Hero - New Series (constructive feedback needed)

Sypher
Sypher
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhEuyh0MVGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpuZcIdz8w4

Hello everyone, wanted to introduce to you guys a series I started recently. The basic summary of what the series is about is I choose 1 person every month and try my best to train them in PvP and improve their pvp skill level to the best of my abilities. This is episode 1, constructive feedback is very much appreciated.

Hope you guys enjoy!
Edited by Sypher on August 1, 2015 11:17PM
DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So awkward.

I personally don't like PvPing so the series wouldn't be for me, but it may be a good source of information for random players and could potentially aid them in developing a better understanding of their class, spell synergy, general tactics and whatnot.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention this should to PVP forum section or even to the Community Creation section. Because right now it looks like you are just trying to use the "General discussion" dumpster to promote your channel with.
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really suck at PVP, so the series would be totally awesome for me :)

I quite enjoyed you killing those guys at the beginning.

Make me a hero!
    Edited by Singular on July 26, 2015 9:13AM
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • Mawgusta
    Mawgusta
    ✭✭✭
    This would be pretty cool if it wasn't a twitch gimmick to get subs. Get a job dude.

Edit: I would think someone great at PvP was awesome for doing this... if it was because he was cool to someone who he thought needed help. Not advertisement gimmicks.
    Edited by Mawgusta on July 26, 2015 9:50AM
  • Anzriel
    Anzriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol A lot of salt here. Anyway I think it's an interesting take on things, and helping people to learn pvp is hardly a bad thing IMO. Only time will tell if it'll work though long term, seemed to me you're giving decent advice, and the attempted swarm helped keep things interesting. XD

On the constructive side if you get swarmed again. keeping it in, but maybe cutting it a bit shorter I think may help. Due to them ressing it took quite a while, people on the internet have a short attention span. lol
    Edited by Anzriel on July 26, 2015 10:10AM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    q.q
    Edited by Nifty2g on July 26, 2015 10:42AM
    #MOREORBS
  • Mawgusta
    Mawgusta
    ✭✭✭
    There's a lot of sugar in that Im not watching that twitch.
  • Malnutrition
    Malnutrition
    ✭✭✭
    Original idea and I think it will be a lot of fun to follow. Good luck with the project!
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By watching, will we too become heroes or is it just about seeing the improvements your protégés make? I would love to take classes to be better at PvP if I had more time to play.

Also, will your opening theme music be "Hero," by Enrique Iglesias?
    Edited by Junkogen on July 26, 2015 12:56PM
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention this should to PVP forum section or even to the Community Creation section. Because right now it looks like you are just trying to use the "General discussion" dumpster to promote your channel with.

Normally I'd be inclined to agree that pvp stuff be in the pvp forums, however seeing as I find this relevant to the game as a whole (not to mention interesting) I can see how this could sneak into the GD side of things.
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    Interruptions were funny at first, but got a little repetitive, I suggest getting some friends from your faction to defend you and your protege while everything commences. You'd be better off making tutorial videos directed at the viewers, not just one individual, you made a good one a while back. Like this one. Which I particularly liked.
    PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good series Sypher.
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most funny part is that EP noob zerg following you after duel training. Hilarious. :)

Edited by Bromburak on July 26, 2015 2:15PM
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good video, a couple of points;

The swarm battle, while fun to watch ultimately interrupted the flow of the video. I would suggest moving those big random moments to a post credit "extras" position in the video.
    I really liked how you spectated his battles with others, like a coach. I would like to see more of that, but not exclusively of course.
    Can't wait to see what kind of a monster you turn this guy into :smile:
    Edited by RazzPitazz on July 26, 2015 4:14PM
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Junkogen wrote: »
    By watching, will we too become heroes or is it just about seeing the improvements your protégés make? I would love to take classes to be better at PvP if I had more time to play.

Yes, the series isn't just meant for the person I'm training. By watching you'll learn tips/advice for your own benefit as well. As for song I don't want to run into any copyright issues so I use copyright free tracks or none at all. :P
    21jws10 wrote: »
    Interruptions were funny at first, but got a little repetitive, I suggest getting some friends from your faction to defend you and your protege while everything commences. You'd be better off making tutorial videos directed at the viewers, not just one individual, you made a good one a while back. Like this one. Which I particularly liked.

I will make more tutorial videos on top of this series as well! Thanks for your input :)
    RazzPitazz wrote: »

The swarm battle, while fun to watch ultimately interrupted the flow of the video. I would suggest moving those big random moments to a post credit "extras" position in the video.
    I really liked how you spectated his battles with others, like a coach. I would like to see more of that, but not exclusively of course.

That's what most people have told me, I think the best thing to do would be to put all the "bloopers" at the end of the video that way people aren't forced to see them if they are only there for the training aspect.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

• Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    Junkogen wrote: »

Yes, the series isn't just meant for the person I'm training. By watching you'll learn tips/advice for your own benefit as well. As for song I don't want to run into any copyright issues so I use copyright free tracks or none at all. :P
    21jws10 wrote: »

I will make more tutorial videos on top of this series as well! Thanks for your input :)
    RazzPitazz wrote: »

That's what most people have told me, I think the best thing to do would be to put all the "bloopers" at the end of the video that way people aren't forced to see them if they are only there for the training aspect.

Or just make a new video with a "random pvp battles." You could even overlay what you're doing to counter their stuff and kill them.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    pimping your youtube channel ?

btw .. maybe you should start off describing how classes should be leveling up for PvP abilites before they get to PvP, this is NOT "zero" to hero otherwise

just a personal anecdote, at V11 its really hard/slow to level skills and different morphs that have been neglected for PvE reasons and are crucial for PvP .. I am now starting a completely new toon of the same class and specifically leveling skills for PvP in the PvE environment.

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Corrupted_Soul
    Corrupted_Soul
    ✭✭✭
    I like this idea, very cool.
    Corrupted_Soul - V16 DK - PS4 NA
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sypher , running out of enemies?

GJ very cool to see a top player helping! Keep it up!

You do really hate pvp'rs.

Signature

• Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just released Episode 2 today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpuZcIdz8w4

all feedback is greatly appreciated.

• blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Sypher,

I think this is a good idea. It seems like it is very helpful to new/inexperienced players who could use some help. PvP wise of course.

Keep up the good work. I hope people find these videos helpful!
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • simena9292
    Hey! Really liked the series as i am a new sorcerer vet14 as well.
    Learned some interresting things here. One thing though.
    It would be interresting to see you both fighting with the same champion point amount... so you dont get a massive bonus. Same with gear, would maby learn more then as the fights would be more like the fights are now on consoles, with low cp and not so good gear? Would make it more of a realistic fight as those are the people he/we will be fasing. (Not counting the pc transfers). Cant wait for the next episode! Keep up the good work :D To bad you guys are playing on the xbox (im on ps4) or i would love to go sorcerer v sorcerer on that guy. But then again i got full magnus nirnhoned armor, so would be OP xD
    Edited by simena9292 on August 2, 2015 3:41PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inb4 Sypher just likes the song :p

That's ok though it's not a bad song :)
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    Setting an admirable example with tutorials like this. Seriously , it'd be nice to see more experienced players such as yourself and what Deltia does spread among the EsO community. Less infighting and more support among this game is inspirational. Thank you for doing what you do.
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Setting an admirable example with tutorials like this. Seriously , it'd be nice to see more experienced players such as yourself and what Deltia does spread among the EsO community. Less infighting and more support among this game is inspirational. Thank you for doing what you do.

• AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    What's your bow bar set up @Sypher ? I can only see the poison arrow. Is that right?

I'm trying to do a stam nightblade so taking a lot of tips from these vids and how you roll. I mean I doubt I'll ever get the right gear to fully utilise it as I just don't have the time. But I want to be something close!
    Edited by AudioVortex on August 12, 2015 10:21AM
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite