Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a way to lock down the chase camera angle?

keylargo
keylargo
Is there a mod? Floating around with the mouse annoys me a lot. Especially in pvp. Even SWG (from 2003) had this option. Am I missing something?
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, games from 1999 had nameplates, debuff icons, and a combat log too. Welcome to ESO: lacking features is innovative!
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    So there is no mod or setting adjustment for this? REally?
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None. Nada. :(

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Adjusting a chase camera is so fundamental to every MMO I have played (since DAOC in 2001). I am not sure I can adjust to what i consider an aggravation. Oh well ESO, you went all out on immersion, but if you think you can dictate something to me that requires changing how I play mmos for 13 years...you have miscalculated.
  • ColeClark
    ColeClark
    Are we sure there is no way to adjust it?
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    keylargo wrote: »
    Adjusting a chase camera is so fundamental to every MMO I have played (since DAOC in 2001). I am not sure I can adjust to what i consider an aggravation. Oh well ESO, you went all out on immersion, but if you think you can dictate something to me that requires changing how I play mmos for 13 years...you have miscalculated.

Quoted for truth. A lot of these basic things being omitted purposefully are getting to where they basically break the game for a lot of people. These are things that are expected norms because they are standard, due to WORKING WELL. People don't just randomly come up with these zany ideas that everyone wildly decides to copy, they are done because they work so well that they are fundamental to the software.

But hey, 'mursion eh? /sarcasm

✭✭✭
    games been in development for a long time guys...
    just saying
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    This is what passes for "game-breaking" these days?
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xithian wrote: »

Apparently. Well anything someone doesn't like is now day game-breaking.

Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an action RPG, controls like a FPS or TPS, is it so hard to understand?
    And all the other crap you seem to miss, was left out intentionally. You know, games don't have to be a copy carbon copy of each other. Shame you don't like it but thanks for participating
  • keylargo
    keylargo
    mutharex wrote: »
    It's an action RPG, controls like a FPS or TPS, is it so hard to understand?
    And all the other crap you seem to miss, was left out intentionally. You know, games don't have to be a copy carbon copy of each other. Shame you don't like it but thanks for participating

You are not welcome.
  • keylargo
    keylargo
    Xithian wrote: »

Read the comment...I said it was an "aggravation". But after having played this game a few weeks now, and having leveled my sorc to 25, I can firmly state that as mmos go it is average at best.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is because you came here expecting something else. what i do not know. I am sorry you find the game Aggravating but perhaps EQ next or one of those will be more your style? i have played many mmos from Ultima to Tera all walks of different styles and honestly i have learned to adapt and accept the changes. find what makes the game fun..eso offers more freedom them most mmos have in years.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • keylargo
    keylargo
    jircris11 wrote: »
    That is because you came here expecting something else. what i do not know. I am sorry you find the game Aggravating but perhaps EQ next or one of those will be more your style? i have played many mmos from Ultima to Tera all walks of different styles and honestly i have learned to adapt and accept the changes. find what makes the game fun..eso offers more freedom them most mmos have in years.
    Yes I expected something else. I expected the basic functionality I have experienced in every mmo since DAOC.
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we get an update on this topic from a device or someone? Adding a feature like this looks ked camera view would be really helpful for control /game pad users.
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I hope I'm not hijacking the thread here (as this is related to this discussion), but I was looking for something that would sort weapon/armor lists in merchants, better. Like based on level/rarity/.. item. Basically, like SkyUI does it in Skyrim.
    And this isn't in by default...

*sigh* And I just realized this is a necro. Damn. :pensive:
    Edited by Benie on August 2, 2015 6:18AM
    --Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
    Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
    Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer