The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

templar wepons

Lightninvash
Lightninvash
✭✭✭✭✭
I am currently making a Templar an am more new to eso. Would rolling a 2h restoration staff as my secondary weapon be a viable combination for a magika Templar or should i run destruction staff and restoration staff?
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h being my primary and restoration for heals.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running two swords for the spell critical bonus and a restoration staff.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I choose Resto staff and 1H & Shield (Pact's) because of the stam regen bonus (mainly for PvP) and obviously to reflect spells and use blazing shield, well.. until it gets nerfed by 50% I'll stick with that. When Imperial comes, I'll probs go with Dual wield swords like Enemy said. That's my Magicka build though so if you're wanting to go with Stam then choose a 2H sword and Biting Jabs, etc.
    Edited by Molag_Crow on July 31, 2015 9:11PM
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    DW and restro staff. LovingDW for the second set and two traits. Good times.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual wielded daggers give weapon critical, not spell critical, and only on the hand you use it. The main reason magicka users get dual wield, is because of the spell power boost they get from it.

OP for you, if you want to roll a templar, I recomend you to start out with both destro and resto staff, so you can level them both up. Destro staff provides very good ranged skills for magicka users.
  • wafcatb14_ESO
    wafcatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    unless they have changed it recently havent been in game for 3 weeks DW and 2H give spell power buff so techanicly you could run dw/staff or 2H/staff of even 1H+S/2H etc and be ok depending on regen etc

A lot of combos it depends on play style what you are doing etc like main healer, or tank, or offtank assist heals etc.

its also good to train them all up sooner or later, you can do this later on by just equiping the weapon and weapon skills before quest turn in
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to focus mainly as a healer and seccond as dammage the more i think about it. I will try destro and resto staff to see if i like it better than the 2h and resto just because i find that i can have my stamina attacks for when I get low on magika or atleast that was my goal of mixing 2h and resto staff