The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Shield breaker isn't "breaking" anything

Mr_Koh
Mr_Koh
✭✭✭
Having a set heavy or light attack reliant is almost always suboptimal. I can't test the new undaunted set because it's not available unless I actually farm it, but I've tested the shield breaker set and I always weave light attacks with my attacks but yet I still don't feel much stronger against those with shields. A light attack doing 1k dmg to the enemy's hp is laughable since they pretty much health regen that back especially because of how powerful shields are. Healing ward will heal all that back no problem. The set just feels underwhelming and isn't punishing shield stickers at all. It doesn't force them to play more strategically and it isn't rewarding me for using more light attacks since healing and shielding are just so powerful right now.
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Koh wrote: »
    Having a set heavy or light attack reliant is almost always suboptimal. I can't test the new undaunted set because it's not available unless I actually farm it, but I've tested the shield breaker set and I always weave light attacks with my attacks but yet I still don't feel much stronger against those with shields. A light attack doing 1k dmg to the enemy's hp is laughable since they pretty much health regen that back especially because of how powerful shields are. Healing ward will heal all that back no problem. The set just feels underwhelming and isn't punishing shield stickers at all. It doesn't force them to play more strategically and it isn't rewarding me for using more light attacks since healing and shielding are just so powerful right now.

Test it again without weaving. Against a sorc turtling up with shields, using medium attacks and only medium attacks does send a good amount of damage through. The highest damage output with that set, surprisingly, uses no skills whatsoever, but requires medium attacks. (I tested this with a bow medium attacks against a sorc)
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sentinel wrote: »
    Mr_Koh wrote: »

Test it again without weaving. Against a sorc turtling up with shields, using medium attacks and only medium attacks does send a good amount of damage through. The highest damage output with that set, surprisingly, uses no skills whatsoever, but requires medium attacks. (I tested this with a bow medium attacks against a sorc)

That's why the set was made for WW ;)
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is very good, especially with lightning staff heavy attack and glyph of health reduction or this one is called. It deals unresistable damage however.

I have a reinforced lightning staff with this glpyh and this set. I destroy shield stackers within seconds. It's not so good against Templars though, they just heal too fast.
    And yea... healing ward is annoying but I can outdps the Healing Ward heal with this.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    OK guys try it again vs a good sorc. I tried both with weaving and not weaving. And I didn't just test the damage I tested it against a sorc player who was actually trying to kill me. (I knew him ofc) just testing the dmg if they stack shields is fine but in an actual situation 1k dmg to hp isn't strong. Never was never will be. The amount of time it takes to kill someone doing 1k dmg at a time is too long you would need to do other attacks and not just light / med attacks. But sticking to one or the other doesn't make you exactly potent vs shields. Which is what makes it suboptimal. And lightning staff with med armor has its own tradeoffs. While that setup may be good it's also giving up way too much just to hit through shields