The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

This game is not designed for 1v1 !

Dracane
Dracane
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
All this people complaining about not being able to break damage shields in a 1v1....
This game is designed for big battles, Alliance War. That's why you need 10 people to harm a Dragonknight tank, that's why you need more people to break damage shields.

All these values are designed for several enemies attacking you on a battle field. It is unevitable, that there are 1v1 encounters an many people love these, including me. But these encoutners are a small part of the game and Zenimax can't and won't adjust numbers for this small part of the game.
And no matter how much you complain, this won't change. I know, in a 1v1 situation, some classes are superior to other classes. A magicka Templar is done when he has to solo a good Stamina Nightblade.

However, I was in a 1v1 guild for a loooong time. And I know, that each class can beat each class in a 1v1. No matter if you have damage shields, permablock or permadodge roll. Good players know how it's done.
Auri-El is my lord,
Trinimac is my shield,
Magnus is my mind.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    problem i see is us sorcs ruin the TTK by being able to out last many enemies, as a caster based class atm thats pretty strong in it's own right
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is this damage reduction. On live, you most likely die when you shields are down.
    On pts, shields deplead a bit faster, but you have too much reaction time after that.
    This lovely mistake=dead thing is over and I'm missing it :(
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    eh well a big battle is just an upscaled 1v1 to some degree. now i know that might sounds a bit stupid but what i mean is its still even. so you only die when they focus you eg make it a 10 v 1 temporarily. which is frustrating and boring. sure some really skilled people can 10v1 really well but i think good balance starts at 1v1 and you extrapolate from there.
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• aast.tesob16_ESO
    aast.tesob16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    eh well a big battle is just an upscaled 1v1 to some degree. now i know that might sounds a bit stupid but what i mean is its still even. so you only die when they focus you eg make it a 10 v 1 temporarily. which is frustrating and boring. sure some really skilled people can 10v1 really well but i think good balance starts at 1v1 and you extrapolate from there.

Problem with attempting to balance at 1 v 1 is you end up homogenising everything and ultimately making no one happy
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭

Problem with attempting to balance at 1 v 1 is you end up homogenising everything and ultimately making no one happy

1v1 arena style combat sure but in an open world 1v1 i dont think you would
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    All this people complaining about not being able to break damage shields in a 1v1....
    This game is designed for big battles, Alliance War.
    That's why you need 10 people to harm a Dragonknight tank, that's why you need more people to break damage shields.

All these values are designed for several enemies attacking you on a battle field. It is unevitable, that there are 1v1 encounters an many people love these, including me. But these encoutners are a small part of the game and Zenimax can't and won't adjust numbers for this small part of the game.
    And no matter how much you complain, this won't change. I know, in a 1v1 situation, some classes are superior to other classes. A magicka Templar is done when he has to solo a good Stamina Nightblade.

However, I was in a 1v1 guild for a loooong time. And I know, that each class can beat each class in a 1v1. No matter if you have damage shields, permablock or permadodge roll. Good players know how it's done.

This is the point everyone stopped reading your post.

Cause no one with any PvP experience in any PvP game would would make this argument.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with shilds is, you cant crit them. just let skills also crit a shild and it will be finde
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    That's why you need 10 people to harm a Dragonknight tank, that's why you need more people to break damage shields.

Cause no one with any PvP experience in any PvP game would would make this argument.

I hear it quite often actually, just 99% of the time its from someone playing with an OP class.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear it quite often actually, just 99% of the time its from someone playing with an OP class.

arent all class op in there own way?
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe the statement to be true.

The problem lies with newer games catering to solo and grp play alike. Edit: Let´s reword it: The game having multiple focuses in pvp solo/smallscale/zerg. The shield has to offer protection even in a coordinated grp v grp fight (bc eso offers no defensive synergies between classes/roles whatsoever) by the very design of eso.
    It´s simply bad design that the sorc classes last active defense mechanism is a dmg shield and the option to make the class not a shielded turret but a highly mobile glasscannon with a shield that breaks after say two hits was pretty much patched out of the game with the first nerf of streak and is now complete.
    Edited by Derra on July 31, 2015 1:05PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote:

I believe the statement to be true.

The problem lies with newer games catering to solo and grp play alike. The shield has to offer protection even in a coordinated grp v grp fight (bc eso offers no defensive synergies between classes/roles whatsoever) by the very design of eso.
    It´s simply bad design that the sorc classes last active defense mechanism is a dmg shield and the option to make the class not a shielded turret but a highly mobile glasscannon with a shield that breaks after say two hits was pretty much patched out of the game with the first nerf of streak and is now complete.

At least someone who gets it :)
    I don't know, what people want. You can barely balance Sorc shields.
    You can only overnerf it. Because if they nerf it a bit, people will still spam the forums with their qq threads. And if you overnerf it, Sorcerers are too squishy (look at unexperienced Sorcs, they are the easiest class to kill)

I think this debate is pointless. Maybe it's only a learn to play issue. Just like 1.5, where everyone was qqing about Dragonknights, because nobody knew what to do about it.
    Edited by Dracane on July 31, 2015 1:07PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »

arent all class op in there own way?

Ähm...no
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    The threadstarter he must be a sorcerer :cookie: he sounds like one and like a player, who closes his eyes when beeing presented facts:

- there are only 4 classes in this game
    - large parts of this game are solo-content
    - many players like to or even have to play alone or in small teams
    - if you force players to just do pvp in large groups, you'll loose a huge part of the Eso-player base

I bet he's either a sorc, or a guy who has been running in a large, organized group most of his time, following orders all day long (no critical-rational awareness for other classes or even other "ways to play the game", due to one-lateral gaming style - > one sided view of how s.o. got to play Eso).
    Edited by Francescolg on July 31, 2015 1:46PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, he must be a sorcerer :o) he sounds like one and like a player, who closes his eyes when beeing presented facts:

- there are only 4 classes in this game
    - large parts of this game are solo-content
    - many players like to or even have to play alone or in small teams
    - if you force players to just do pvp in large groups, you'll loose 50% or more of the Eso-player base

I bet he's either a sorc, or a guy who has been running in a large, organized groups, following orders all day long (no critical-rational awareness due to one-lateral gaming style) , never or seldomly getting in 1on1 situations after 1.6 went life. I

First, "he" is not a guy.
    And you might want to tell me, where you have to fight other classes in this large solo content ?
    Nothing can change the fact, that ZoS balanced this game around big battles and this is alright. The majority of players fights big battles, far more than 50% of Eso's player base....

Look how ZoS attempts to make Sorcerer DPS better in pve, but they are afraid, this could also affect pvp. (lighting splash is a great example for this) Their main focus is to balance big pvp I tell you. I can't blame them for that
    Edited by Dracane on July 31, 2015 1:30PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Again this game is not any other MMO, if you were around in the beta days leading to early release the devs were adamant that this game was not balanced nor designed around 1v1. that was not and never has been the focus of ESO.

Im sorry you don't like that, but the skills and classes were set up with group and open world castle warfare objective game play in mind, not 1v1.

Honestly though, look for them to bring the player PVP element to the Justice system instead. That which i may add i think will be absolutely awesome if its implemented correctly.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that ZOS knows that trying to balance the game around 1v1, will ultimately ruin it.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    I really hope that ZOS knows that trying to balance the game around 1v1, will ultimately ruin it.

Exactly! Thank you!

CBOFQfzFKKiha.gif
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

If ZOS would have done the "teleport-nurf" right, 8-10 months ago, we wouldn't have all this discussions. :-(
    I am sorry, but your statement shows a misconception about the sorc class:

The sorcerer's class absorb shield IS NOT HIS LAST ACTIVE DEFENSE MECHANISM and SORC MOBILITY IS NOT LOST AT ALL after 1.7

You still can teleport more than once and teleport works perfectly to create gaps, or to port into the action.. just ADAPT!

>>> The mistake lies in reducing the sorcerer class to these two abilities and the culprit is ZOS, because the pre 1.6 nurfs were not done sufficiently, leaving the infinite porting practically unchanged. Not-touching Hardened Ward after raising the magicka-cap in 1.6 was the other HUGE mistake..
    >>> As a consequence of the poorly done nurf to teleport and the huge disparities that emerged after 1.6, nuub-sorcerers think that 'this' (state of the class in 1.6) is normal.. Unfortunately, everything we hear now, would have been prevented by r
    doing the job right, before introducing 1.6