Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

3rd person/1st person switches

Menelaos
Menelaos
✭✭✭✭
Hi folks,
one of the most confusing things I experience in the IC is the constant switch between 1st and 3rd person view. I guess it has something to do with the crampiness of the ruins and such but it really is a pain and sometimes does not seem to follow any rules. The difference between sneaking and running isn't even that big. On one occasion, while sneaking through a two-story ruin to reach a good snipe spot I had no less than 8 switches in around a minute or so. Juggling with the camera settings did not really do the trick, it might have been a bit less frequent, but the situation remains to be awkward and downright irritating.

Is ist perhaps possible to implement a 'never go in 1st person' mode or something? Maybe force the camera to remain one pip behind the figure and on, say, head or shoulder level? It would improve the situation significantly I guess.

Thanks for considering :-)
...und Gallileo dreht sich doch!
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also not liking the camera switching.

There are a lot of solo dungeons that are cramped that don't do this. Not sure why it was necessary in the IC to do constantly switch to 1st person.

It makes it really hard to play if you are used to 3rd person because all of the effects are different.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also not liking the camera switching.