The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update Download Not Starting

FireflyNeph
FireflyNeph
✭✭
I have tried several times now to get today's update to download, but it is still stuck on the download screen. The progress bar is empty and it does not say the usual "??GB/??GB installed" or anything like that. I have tried starting w/o updating, to try and refresh the download. I have tried four times to restart my PS4. Nothing has worked. Every time I have let it sit for at least 5 minutes before trying again. Is there anything else that I can try to fix this?
PS4 NA
  • CidxLucy
    CidxLucy
    ✭✭
    Try turn off ps4 fully
    test your connection
    try downloading it again worked for me had some problem.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. I tried CidxLucy's solution and it didn't work for me :(

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just get to the Application Update screen, and it says 'Downloading update file...', but it doesn't actually appear to be downloading because the bar never moves (never even starts to move).

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scratch that: it must just have been a display issue. After a couple of minutes, the bar kicked in at 15.3 GB of 16.3 GB, and it is loading fine now.

FireflyNeph: I would give it more than 5 minutes; I think it is downloading but jut not showing it. So give it a while and I think it might kick in.

Good luck.
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone! Thanks for the replies. I turned it off and let it sit for about two hours while I did other stuff. When I came back and turned it on to try again it kicked in after sitting on that screen for about two and half minutes. Thanks for the replies! Hope this thread helps anyone else stuck on that screen :)
    PS4 NA
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Possibly related to 42 billion people downloading at the same time
    well exaggerated but you get my point .. I hope ... ZO haven't implemented the peer-to-peer file sharing that WoW has
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• mich3lang3lo
    mich3lang3lo
    Soul Shriven
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/201752/fix-for-preparing-to-download-update#latest

See the link above, doesn't look that the problem is related with the server and traffic problems.

Worked for me.

Take care.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone! Thanks for the replies. I turned it off and let it sit for about two hours while I did other stuff. When I came back and turned it on to try again it kicked in after sitting on that screen for about two and half minutes. Thanks for the replies! Hope this thread helps anyone else stuck on that screen :)

Im having the same issue, when I start the download from the Notifications Window it shows that its buffering the download. So thats whats causing the slow response for the DL.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax