Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game folder weights 113.32GB

Mikeszf
Mikeszf
Soul Shriven
Hello, I downloaded the game a few days ago (I had the launcher installed) and activated my account yesterday and I noticed that the game is really big. The ZeniMax online folder created by the game weights 113.32GB, divided in the launcher with 67.49GB and the game folder with 45.83GB,.

Is it normal? I have enough space so this doesn't really bother me if it's is but still...

lcbikk7u0ge3.png

• KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something's amiss...

These are the file sizes I'm seeing:

e066dbbedb9a67f84ac9d8e1a33337.png

While the game files are fine, your Launcher.app looks somewhat bloated. :smiley:

Is the app a remnant from an old installation? IIRC, the launcher used to cache downloaded patch files, before this was changed and they are now downloaded to a subfolder of the depot folder.

You can select Launcher.app in the Finder, right-click on it and choose "Show Package Contents" from the menu. This will take you into the app's folder structure. Look around there for a folder or files that are gobbling up that much space. You will most likely be safe to delete them, but make sure that you have a current (Time Machine) backup.

Or you could rename the Zenimax Online folder in your Apps directory, download and run the Installer app from your account page, telling it to install the game to the original path /Storage/Apps/Zenimax Online. After the Launcher is installed and starts to download the game files, pause and quit it. Now move the The Elder Scrolls Online (or The Elder Scrolls Online EU for the European megaserver) over to the new Zenimax Online directory. Restarting the Launcher, it should now verify the game files (it won't download anything, although it might look that it is). If the game runs afterwards, you can delete the renamed original folder.
  • Mikeszf
    Mikeszf
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, I did noticed that the launcher had a patchdata.depot folder with the 67+ GB inside but I didn't want it to mess with it. I erased it and now it's just 83.5MB
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mikeszf wrote: »
    Thanks, I did noticed that the launcher had a patchdata.depot folder with the 67+ GB inside but I didn't want it to mess with it. I erased it and now it's just 83.5MB
    That's much better, though it's still a wee bit over the size it should have. Alas, it's not much to complain about, if both launcher and game are running fine. ;)

Have you by any chance looked at how old that patchdata.depot folder was?
  • Mikeszf
    Mikeszf
    Soul Shriven
    That's much better, though it's still a wee bit over the size it should have. Alas, it's not much to complain about, if both launcher and game are running fine. ;)

Have you by any chance looked at how old that patchdata.depot folder was?

I still have it in the trash, Some files dated to april when I installed the launcher and downloaded a part but most of them were from July 15, when I started downloading it fully.

The file names are like this "depot_-1to84.z01.partial" for the old ones and "depot_-1to103.z01" the new ones