The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Unable to download patch >:-[

MoistGeorge
So after waiting to play ESO for an entire day i cannot download the latest patch now. To be honest i'm not even surprised since "PSN" is an abomination to the world of gaming and undoubtedly the product of Molag Bal himself to torment us enternally.

It just never seems goes past 20% of "Preparing to Download"

Things i tried:
-Delete the download and restart
-Turn off for a minute and try again
-Pausing
-Deleting random things, even though there is 40gb free
-Grind teeth in frustration

None seemed to fix it.

Anyone have an idea?
  • RudestBuddhist
    Same issue here. It downloads the patch, fails at 22%, and retries, until it says it can't download the patch.
  • RudestBuddhist
    I just looked at it again. It's failing an preparing the download. I'm rebuilding my database now to see if it helps.
  • MysticHobo
    MysticHobo
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue. The download isn't starting at all however. :(
  • RudestBuddhist
    I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling. It grabbed the entire 16GB patch and now it's working
  • mich3lang3lo
    mich3lang3lo
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. It downloads the patch, fails at 22%, and retries, until it says it can't download the patch.

Same problem here, there is no chance in hell to download everything again.

What should we do?
  • Ztemde
    Ztemde
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same problem. I bought the digital copy of the game and I am trying to download the update and it says preparing to download. Then gets to about 20% fails and tries again. It does two to three cycles of this and then says cannot download update. I have deleted the update turned my PS4 off and tried to update again with the same results. I have also tried to rebuild my database which also got no results.

I need my fix :s
  • Ztemde
    Ztemde
    Soul Shriven
    OK I found my fix ladies and gentlemen. I had about 25 GB of space left on my hard drive. I noticed when it was trying To download the update that the amount of available space was fluctuating. Even though I had plenty of room for the patch it wouldn't let it download. I deleted some games and freed up 40 GB of space and the update started once I tried again.

So check the space of your hard drive and make sure you have more than enough room for the patch. See you out there my fellow travelers.