Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dammit Zenimax enough with the 15.8GB downloads already!

UltimaJoe777
UltimaJoe777
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Every time ya'll release a patch or update the initial 15.8GB involved when first downloading the game has to be REdownloaded along with any additional data. For someone with an internet connection as slow as mine this means I cannot play the game for at least 2 days. This wouldn't be that big of a deal if it wasn't for the fact that it drains time from our online subscriptions every couple of weeks or so. Can't you guys release a patch or update that DOESN'T require us go through this crap each and every time? Is it really so hard to just have us download a gig or so tops for new content or whatever? This seriously does NOT need to be a regular thing like this...
Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Ladybear00
    I have to agree. Having to download a patch this size again is ridiculous.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that PS4? I haven't heard of any situation on the other platforms where you've had to redownload stuff you already have.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Duff-Paddy
    This is getting beyond a joke now, soon the only thing installed on my PS4 will be ESO!!!!
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    This patch is like the last 4 or 5 PC patches rolled into one. That's why it's so big. We got a 3 GB patch, a 5 GB patch, and several others recently that were larger than 2 GB. They've simply rolled it all into 1 for you.
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duff-Paddy wrote: »
    soon the only thing installed on my PS4 will be ESO!!!!

The ZOS master plan.
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MCMancub wrote: »
    This patch is like the last 4 or 5 PC patches rolled into one. That's why it's so big. We got a 3 GB patch, a 5 GB patch, and several others recently that were larger than 2 GB. They've simply rolled it all into 1 for you.

ZOS_MichaelM just stated in the German forums, the patch should be about 700MB big.
    Edited by Leijona on July 29, 2015 1:43PM
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Is that PS4? I haven't heard of any situation on the other platforms where you've had to redownload stuff you already have.

That's because this type of thing only happens with sony. They are completely incompetent when it comes to the network
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys. When you initially download today's patch, it will display something like "updating file XX/16GB". However, it should jump up to ~15GB pretty quickly, then download the 700MB patch. Please let us know if this isn't the case. Remember that this is only for those that are downloading today's patch (01.05) - if you need to download previous patches, it will be much larger.

Edit: Fixed the patch number.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 29, 2015 1:59PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    Since the release on PS4 this will be the third time we have downloaded 15+gig patch.

It wouldn't be so bad if the play station network didnt suck so much, having to constantly restart the download to maintain maximum speed is annoying.
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    15 gigs again? You have got to be kidding me. I'm waiting to patch, maybe there is a mistake.

edit- I see, hopefully it's 700mb
    Edited by NDwarf on July 29, 2015 1:50PM
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
  • Enaijo
    Enaijo
    ✭✭✭
    Sithisvoid wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »

That's because this type of thing only happens with sony. They are completely incompetent when it comes to the network

The PSN is slow, yes ... but this mess-up with the updates is completely on ZOS and has nothing to do with Sony.
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sithisvoid wrote: »

Source?

Look at the patch notes? PC separated battle leveling and Psijic Ambrosia across several patches, each of which were more than 3 GB in size. In addition, the PS4 patch has a slew of UI and VOIP fixes. I mean, it makes sense. When you don't have a patch for a month, you're bound to get more crammed into each.
  • jtlightner
    jtlightner
    Soul Shriven
    It is a 700MB patch for those who can actually read, and care to look at the patch notes.
  • Bocker
    Bocker
    yea worked fine for me started at 15gb had like 1.2gb to download, So glad you fixed this because already had to download the 15gb twice already would not be bothered to do it again.
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys. When you initially download today's patch, it will display something like "updating file XX/16GB". However, it should jump up to ~15GB pretty quickly, then download the 700MB patch. Please let us know if this isn't the case. Remember that this is only for those that are downloading today's patch (01.06) - if you need to download previous patches, it will be much larger.

Mine started at 0/16.267Gb was fully patched before. It hasn't jumped up quickly yet.
  • Masuke8
    Masuke8
    You start with 15.5gb and just need to dl the remaining 700mb patch to reach 16.2gb
  • callahan9119
    Mine started at 15 gb
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine started at 15.0/16.2, so a 1.2GB patch
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Machiavelli
    Machiavelli
    ✭✭✭
    mine shows :

[img][/img]3469gdg.jpg
    Edited by Machiavelli on July 29, 2015 2:01PM
  • Duff-Paddy
    I wonder if I will get to see my friends list again after this update.....
  • Ladybear00

Mine did that at first, too. I restarted the download and it sat in preparing to download for a bit and then jumped to 15 gigs when the download started.
    Edited by Ladybear00 on July 29, 2015 2:02PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been downloading the patch since I made this thread and currently sit at 307MB/16.267GB and rising. Will this jump occur for me when it reaches 700MB or what?
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • ESOFanBoyz
    ESOFanBoyz
    ✭✭
    People grabbing their pitchforks and there wasn't even an issue.
  • leighdelo
    leighdelo
    ✭✭✭
    v7MXNIi.jpg

Then what does this mean? I play daily, have suffered through all the large patches since the inception of the game on PS4, and now I've got this huge-ass file to download.
    Leighdelo (pronounced LEE-deh-lo)
    GM for Just Tacos
    Tsafirah - AD - Max Level Altmer MagSorc
    Sadé - DC - Max Level Orc Templar Tank
    Lenore Highgarten - DC - Max Level Breton MagSorc

• Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leighdelo wrote: »
    v7MXNIi.jpg

Then what does this mean? I play daily, have suffered through all the large patches since the inception of the game on PS4, and now I've got this huge-ass file to download.

Sure doesn't look like 700 mb to me.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on bashing comments]
    Edited by ZOS_MatM on July 29, 2015 2:39PM
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    Mine started at 0 as well and hasn't jumped. Even tried restarting it a few times.

It seems to be downloading better this time though, speed doesn't seem to be dropping like last time. I guess Sony sorted that problem out.
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESOFanBoyz wrote: »
    People grabbing their pitchforks and there wasn't even an issue.

Maybe that's because it's not the first time we've been through this and its a clear message we won't stand for it.
  • Heathenpride
    Heathenpride
    ✭✭✭
    It's 700mb trust me. Unfortunately after downloading it the servers are down.

Also my downloading progress bar was doing weird things, it showed zero progress until the very end. Took ten min all up.
    Looking for a good NA PS4 guild that offers a bit of everything? New to the game and lost? Need some guidance and help?
    Look no further, Ebonheart Guild of Shadow has been here since launch and we got you!
    PSN message Heathenpride for an invite.
  • Techlisp
    Techlisp
    ✭✭✭
    mine shows :

[img][/img]3469gdg.jpg

This is how mine went. Took a blink of an eye to download the patch.

This post will not take you an unusually long time to read.

PS4. EU. EP.