The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dammit Zenimax enough with the 15.8GB downloads already!

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sithisvoid wrote: »
    leighdelo wrote: »
    v7MXNIi.jpg

Then what does this mean? I play daily, have suffered through all the large patches since the inception of the game on PS4, and now I've got this huge-ass file to download.

Sure doesn't look like 700 mb to me. Maybe its an incompetence issue

@leighdelo Must be a bug in your system. There are equally as many posts saying that it is working as intended, and only downloading around 1GB. I suggest you report it is PS4 Technical Support, with that picture and a copy of Gina's post (relevant bit bolded by me).
    Hey guys. When you initially download today's patch, it will display something like "updating file XX/16GB". However, it should jump up to ~15GB pretty quickly, then download the 700MB patch. Please let us know if this isn't the case. Remember that this is only for those that are downloading today's patch (01.05) - if you need to download previous patches, it will be much larger.

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ESOFanBoyz
    ESOFanBoyz
    ✭✭
    Sithisvoid wrote: »
    ESOFanBoyz wrote: »
    People grabbing their pitchforks and there wasn't even an issue.

Maybe that's because it's not the first time we've been through this and its a clear message we won't stand for it.

You do know many Sony games have this issue? Same thing happened with the first few Destiny patches and a few other games, this is just an issue in general for Sony and the way they handle patches. Yelling at ZOS won't fix Sony.

And clearly several people in this thread are seeing exactly what they said we would see, that it jumps up to 15GB out of 16GB and you really end up only downloading about 1GB.
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guess i will say it .....

no problem on the inferior xbox at least not for me
  • MaximumAttackG
    MaximumAttackG
    ✭✭✭
    mine jumped to 15gb instantly. only took 8 minutes to download, yall need to get off that Mcdonalds wifi.
    Edited by MaximumAttackG on July 29, 2015 2:46PM
  • Enaijo
    Enaijo
    ✭✭✭
    ESOFanBoyz wrote: »
    You do know many Sony games have this issue? Same thing happened with the first few Destiny patches and a few other games, this is just an issue in general for Sony and the way they handle patches. Yelling at ZOS won't fix Sony.

I never had this problem before ... and I play many games on the PS4, including Destiny and MMOs like FFXIV. The PSN is slow, especially in the EU, but Sony doesn't change the updates developers like ZOS submit. Especially since things like updates are handled separately by Sony NA and Sony EU (for example as developer, you have to submit updates to Sony NA and Sony EU separately), they are different departments with different people, located in different countries, on different continents ... it's very unlikely that they do the same mistake simultaneously. So if your download is slow, yes, that's on Sony ... but if the update is messed up, no, that's on the developer.
  • frenchyuk86
    frenchyuk86
    ✭✭✭
    Same here easy less than 10 mins.
    Frenchyuk86 - PSN
    Vet 14 DragonKnight
    The Forlorn Hope Main Tank
  • MightyMalloy
    MightyMalloy
    ✭✭
    I feel so bad for you guys where the patching on ps4 hasn't worked properly, I felt the pain of the 15GB patches but today my friends, a 15 min patch was Glorious!
    are you looking to join a PlayStation 4 EU guild add my PSN: MightyMalloy and send me a friend request Saying Guild! Undaunted!
  • BAlexzander
    BAlexzander
    Soul Shriven
    So far my system has downloaded 5 gigs with no hint of a jump in progress.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You tell em @UltimaJoe777 !!!!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legit took me 7 minutes, most of which was the ps4 preparing the download.
    Gimme more content! ... (Gets content) ... Stop giving me more content!

This is nothing like that. If people are experiencing significant download times for freaking xp pots then this needs to be looked at. However, judging by these posts, it's either only happening to a few people or the timer being shown is not accurate.
    Edited by J2JMC on July 29, 2015 8:45PM
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gimme more content! ... (Gets content) ... Stop giving me more content!
  • Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    took like 5 minutes and I didn't even notice it was saying 16GB till I looked at it when at 99%....not a big deal.
    PSN: blinkgirl211 - if try adding me send message first cause lots of random people always tries to add me...
  • CidxLucy
    CidxLucy
    ✭✭
    my started at 5gb and didnt jump to 15gb like some ppl.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15+GB! Yikes! I've gotten DLC's that were smaller than that.

I hadn't even noticed any uploads of patches. Maybe I'm missing something.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys. When you initially download today's patch, it will display something like "updating file XX/16GB". However, it should jump up to ~15GB pretty quickly, then download the 700MB patch. Please let us know if this isn't the case. Remember that this is only for those that are downloading today's patch (01.05) - if you need to download previous patches, it will be much larger.

Edit: Fixed the patch number.

Ok Gina - Well I'm letting you know that it isn't the case for me - and its apparent that others are also having download issues.

Almost 1 GB downloaded in 5 hours here in rural Scotland - using my 1.5 MB download speeds - and there are no signs of it '...jumping up to 15 GB' as you and others have stated.

I contacted the PS4 UK helpline earlier and raised a ticket - which they said will take 3-5 days for me to receive a response (probably just in time for my download to complete).

I've also raised a ticket with you guys - hopefully it will get actioned this time, unlike my last correspondence to you.

This needs to be looked at and resolved as a matter of urgency.

As per the last patch download, there goes my monthly 10GB download limit usage for another month it seems.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • skidpro
    skidpro
    prepare to download? 20mins, update, 4 hours down to 20 mins....login/logout freeze ps4 system, pull power cord. EU..wassup with this patch why is the game acting up freezing dashboard?
    skidpro
  • sloppy_O_Shot

Edit: Fixed the patch number.

That's great and all but the system still thinks it 15gb so we have delete other games and files. What is the problem with just issuing the patch in the actual size? It's not Sony because I have NEVER had this issues with any other game before..... EVER....
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    it took longer for my ps4 to Prepare the download than to actually download. It did say 15gig but I am pretty sure it went much much faster than their last 15gig patch. Then again I play from the CD, though installation is still required I guess...
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    went pretty quickly for me. Basically downloaded a new game so the size is not an issue.