The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

how do you use the dewmer motif

le_joseo
le_joseo
Soul Shriven
i am level 24 and i have 2 pages of dewmer motif, but i am having trouble learning the style, why is that?
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to have a specific number of skill points pumped into either woodworking, clothing, or blacksmithing.
  • le_joseo
    le_joseo
    Soul Shriven
    so it is asking me to have 9 skill points, do i have to have it in each one or just in one of them
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    le_joseo wrote: »
    i am level 24 and i have 2 pages of dewmer motif, but i am having trouble learning the style, why is that?

The Dwemer motif is broken into Chapters for various items, so you have several to learn.
    For example, axes let you craft axes in Dwemer style while Chests lets you craft all weights of chest in the style (light, med and heavy)
    When you find and learn all of the chapters, you'll have the complete style unlocked.

You also need to be a certain level of crafting to be able to use them. (I can never remember what that is)
    Edited by Xendyn on July 28, 2015 5:24PM
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • le_joseo
    le_joseo
    Soul Shriven
    i understand that but i not able to learn them, i was asking if i needed 9 skill points for each woodworking, blacksmith, and clothing or can i just have 9 points towards one them, thanks tho
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I recall, it's just one of them.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • le_joseo
    le_joseo
    Soul Shriven
    thanks guys, tumbs up for the help
  • whyB
    whyB
    ✭✭✭
    It required 9 in one of the skill lines, not all of them
  • EddieHavok
    And just for super-green clarification, It does have to be the 9 passives in the materials slot, not just a total of 9 points in the tree, right?
    LFG/PS4/NA/EP/SorcV4
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I might be wrong (I was a fully maxed crafter when they came out) but I think you need to be levelled up in whatever you're making - for staff, bow and shield you probably need woodwork.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -To learn axes it requires you have spent skillpoints in blacksmithing, as it is the only craft you can make axes with.
    -To learn the normal armor parts require you have spent skillpoints in blacksmithing and clothing. Lightarmor, medium armor and blacksmithing all have a "chest" part.
    -To learn shields, it is also an armor part, but in woodworking. It requires you have spent your skillpoints in woodworking.

...so make sure you read what the motif is for, and check if you have lvl'ed the craft for that particular armor or weapon.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on July 28, 2015 7:16PM