Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Race Question

abuniffpreub18_ESO
abuniffpreub18_ESO
✭✭✭
I have the Imperial version so I can make any race in any alliance. So I make a Breton, which is the Daggerfall Covenant Alliance, but I make him in Aldmeri Dominion. Can I have somebody in DC port me over there say at level 10 since that is the alliance for Bretons so I can play in both areas ?.

If not why not ?.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction only matters in PvP. Since your character will be stamped as AD, entering the other factions makes you an enemy, and race is irrelevant.

In the normal game, it's not even an issue.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I have the Imperial version so I can make any race in any alliance. So I make a Breton, which is the Daggerfall Covenant Alliance, but I make him in Aldmeri Dominion. Can I have somebody in DC port me over there say at level 10 since that is the alliance for Bretons so I can play in both areas ?.

If not why not ?.

No, a DC player will not be able to port your character to them.

Currently, once a character has joined an alliance, that's it...the choice has been made. However, once your character completes the main storyline (the one involving the prophet), he or she will gain access to one of the other alliance zones (If you start as AD, the second alliance you visit will be Ebonheart Pact). Your character will complete Veteran Level versions of missions in that alliance and once they have completed a set list of missions, he/she will be given access to an even higher Veteran version of the third alliance's zones (in this case Daggerfall Covenant).

So eventually, you will get to visit all the zones and complete all the missions, but you will never play with actual members of the other alliances because they are considered the enemy. Hope that makes sense :)
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, thank you for the responses.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

If not why not ?.

first of all the imperial edition does not allow you to play any race in any alliance. That is the explorers edition upgrade. The imperial edition only allows to create an imperial in any alliance.

And IF you have the explorers edition, you can't venture outside your chosen alliance. The reason for this is that travel is limited and you are a hero of your alliance. Storywise it is that you fall from the sky after being rescued from coldharbour. The place you land in will decide your faith in becomming that alliances hero.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    And IF you have the explorers edition, you can't venture outside your chosen alliance. The reason for this is that travel is limited and you are a hero of your alliance. Storywise it is that you fall from the sky after being rescued from coldharbour. The place you land in will decide your faith in becomming that alliances hero.
    That's a tad misleading, the entire Cadwell's section of the game takes you to the other two factions' areas and you get to see their stories too.

You're right that you're restricted to only zones for the faction territory you're in or the one(s) you've unlocked with Cadwell's but Cadwell's is all about seeing the entire PVE game on a single character.
    Edited by KerinKor on July 20, 2015 2:08PM
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

If not why not ?.

first of all the imperial edition does not allow you to play any race in any alliance. That is the explorers edition upgrade. The imperial edition only allows to create an imperial in any alliance.

My mistake I meant the explorers edition upgrade.
  • mbaker540
    mbaker540
    ✭✭

If not why not ?.

FYI my imperial edition came with the explorers edition in it.

Hence,

Imperial Edition allows you to play any race on any faction.

Xbox One ~ Aldmeri Dominion