The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Question about Vastarie, Telacar, & Calion (The Unquiet Dead, Eyes of Azura quests)

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So my question is this:
If you complete The Unquiet Dead prior to Eyes of Azura, and choose to bind Calion's Spirit to the flesh atronauch per Telecar's wishes, how does Vastarie react? Is the same dialogue as the option to put Telecar to sleep and free Calion's spirit, or is it something else? I am curious if she decides Telecar was right all along or is upset and plans to free her son's spirit from its new body.
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, good question. I've chosen the other option with all of the characters I've done those quests with, because I didn't like Telecar. I can't quite bring myself to side with him.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Hmm, good question. I've chosen the other option with all of the characters I've done those quests with, because I didn't like Telecar. I can't quite bring myself to side with him.

Me too, Calion wants to rest, his shade tells you so, I have to let him go.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Short answer is she's very unhappy about it. I remembered letting him go in the Beta, and how upset she was that she spurned him, so second time around I bound him to the atronach. Big mistake. Calion hates you, Vastarie goes on about how her husband and son are now truly lost to her. I don't think this family can have a happy ending.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO I've played through 3 times so far but always let the spirit go.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Chieve
    Chieve
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to bring back an old thread buy I accidently bound the spirit to calions husk...how do you free the spirit? I didn't mean to bound him I thought that was my only choice to complete the quest...

I thought the quest was so *** up at first until I realized I could of freed him...is there a way I can go back to the quest and free him?
    Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chieve wrote: »
    Sorry to bring back an old thread buy I accidently bound the spirit to calions husk...how do you free the spirit? I didn't mean to bound him I thought that was my only choice to complete the quest...

I thought the quest was so *** up at first until I realized I could of freed him...is there a way I can go back to the quest and free him?
    If you haven't completed the quest/received the reward, you can abandon it in your quest log and start over. I did the same thing to Calion on one of my play-throughs and that's how I fixed it. After a quest is completed though all decisions are set in stone for the character with which you are playing.