Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SILVENAR QUEST GLITCH/PROBLEM?

blubbzies1991
blubbzies1991
Soul Shriven
Hello,
I have been trying to complete the Silvenar quest for a week now. I'm at the section where I am required to 'Defend the Silvenar' in the basement of the fortress, but there is nothing to defend him against?

Will this problem be fixed soon? It's holding up my game! Thanks!

Best Answer

• KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    If my issue is resolved I'll post the results here. Hopefully it'll be resolved sooner rather than later.
    Nerf RNG! Nerf BoP! Buff Everything else!
    She won't leave me because I'm too ugly to kiss goodbye...
    *@KewaG - Steam and ESO. Write ESO Steam player in my comments if you want to be Steam friends.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * Ebonheart Pact - Mostly
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
    * I Haven't played much PvP
    * Main: Golam Ralas
    Answer ✓
  • KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    I have a similar issue with the One Victor, One King quest in Windhelm. I used the Dragon Leap Ultimate which sent one of the Storm fists into a statue. Long story short, I can't complete the quest. I tried leaving and returning, abandoning and re-acquiring the quest and waiting for somebody else to complete the quest, ALL to no avail. The Stormfist remains stuck in the statue and there's nothing I can do about it. I reported the issue with screenshot and am just waiting for a response.
    *@KewaG - Steam and ESO. Write ESO Steam player in my comments if you want to be Steam friends.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
  • blubbzies1991
    blubbzies1991
    Soul Shriven
    Tell me about it! It's the worst. It's holding my game up dramatically! I know a trove of other players are having the same problem. They're all camped out near the quest waiting for something to show.

I tried abandoning, waiting, etc. but nothing yet.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's holding up my game! Thanks!
    No, it's not.

It's not part of the MQ and it's not required to finish AD. In fact, you'll get to a part of the AD quest where you'll see the Silvenar and go, "Huh. I guess he got out of the prison on his own."

By the way: I highly recommend you abandon the quest unless you want to hear that message booming every time you enter a new zone.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    KewaG wrote: »
    I have a similar issue with the One Victor, One King quest in Windhelm. I used the Dragon Leap Ultimate which sent one of the Storm fists into a statue. Long story short, I can't complete the quest. I tried leaving and returning, abandoning and re-acquiring the quest and waiting for somebody else to complete the quest, ALL to no avail. The Stormfist remains stuck in the statue and there's nothing I can do about it. I reported the issue with screenshot and am just waiting for a response.

Just checking: When you say you reported the issue, did you actually submit a ticket with customer service or did you just submit a bug report? You will most likely not hear back if you just submitted a bug report.

If you submitted a ticket with customer service it would have given you an actual ticket number and you should hear something (usually via email) within a day or two.
  • KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

Just checking: When you say you reported the issue, did you actually submit a ticket with customer service or did you just submit a bug report? You will most likely not hear back if you just submitted a bug report.

If you submitted a ticket with customer service it would have given you an actual ticket number and you should hear something (usually via email) within a day or two.

I submitted a bug report. Now I'm thinking maybe I should submit a ticket via support. Thanks for the info! I did not know but now that I do I will be submitting a ticket via support when I get home from work.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
  • blubbzies1991
    blubbzies1991
    Soul Shriven
    Violynne wrote: »
    It's holding up my game! Thanks!
    No, it's not.

It's not part of the MQ and it's not required to finish AD. In fact, you'll get to a part of the AD quest where you'll see the Silvenar and go, "Huh. I guess he got out of the prison on his own."

By the way: I highly recommend you abandon the quest unless you want to hear that message booming every time you enter a new zone.

Yes, I know it's not actually holding up my progress, but I like to complete as many quests in one area as possible.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    We’re aware of this problem and working on redesigning Prisoner of Jathsogur to prevent the quest blocker from happening. More information can be found in this thread:
    As an update, we do still plan to roll out a fix for the issues impacting completion of this quest and The Moonlit Path, in the next incremental patch. (And all console patches must go through certification.) As mentioned previously, this is not something we can hotfix--we're redesigning how these quests complete to prevent the current issue from happening. Unfortunately, that patch is now a few weeks out at this time. In the meantime, you may be able to complete these quests when there are fewer players around, or immediately after a server reboot. We do apologize for the frustration--please know that we genuinely are working to resolve the issue as quickly as we can.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    We’re aware of this problem and working on redesigning Prisoner of Jathsogur to prevent the quest blocker from happening. More information can be found in this thread:
    As an update, we do still plan to roll out a fix for the issues impacting completion of this quest and The Moonlit Path, in the next incremental patch. (And all console patches must go through certification.) As mentioned previously, this is not something we can hotfix--we're redesigning how these quests complete to prevent the current issue from happening. Unfortunately, that patch is now a few weeks out at this time. In the meantime, you may be able to complete these quests when there are fewer players around, or immediately after a server reboot. We do apologize for the frustration--please know that we genuinely are working to resolve the issue as quickly as we can.

Any word on my issue? This sounds like a console issue, mine is a PC issue.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
  • KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    Just an update, I have been able to complete the One Victor, One King quest. I'm assuming that my issue wasn't as closely related to the OP as I originally thought. For future reference, here's what I did after submitting a bug report:

1. I abandoned the quest last night.
    2. I completed a few other quests, including the main story and both guilds.
    3. I logged off for the night.
    4. I Re-logged today and picked up the quest once more
    5. I Finished the quest without using the Dragon Leap Ultimate. (Quest was much easier today as I gained 3 levels from doing other quest.)

That's it! Problem fixed. I don't know if the bug report I sent last night had anything to do with it as @Allyhoo811 pointed out they tend not respond to the player that reported it. I have had no response regarding the issue from anyone so I don't know if they reset the quest or if the steps I took really had an impact. Worth a try in the future if anyone else has a similar issue.

I doubt this will fix the OP's issue, if others are in the same boat. Maybe give it a try though? Oh, and a note for @ZOS_AlanG, maybe a redesign of the statues in the hall might be in order. Not that I presume to tell you how to do your jobs over at Zenimax but merely a suggestion of something to look into for the future.
    Edited by KewaG on July 16, 2015 12:15AM
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons