The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Toogle Ingame Cursor not working

Atlan_daGonozal
Atlan_daGonozal
✭✭✭
I know this has been reported before. And marked as fixed. So this is an ongoing problem.

What happened is that after log in the mouse is in cursor mode instead of movement mode. And more importantly: The toggle Mose cursor «.» does not work. which makes it impossible to move around.

Ending the game and restarting has helped. But this is a real pain considering the incredibly long login time (42sec to login, 53 to character select, 2:41 to load character — 4:17 in total) and you might have to start more then once.

And it is a simple function which should “just work”.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Atlan_daGonozal, in which display mode are you playing? Fullscreen or Windowed (Fullscreen)? Does the mouse behavior change if you change the display mode?

Do you use a gaming/configuration software that is specific to your mouse, e.g. the Logitech Gaming Software for Logitech mice? If so, is it on the newest version available?

Ad astra! :wink:
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭
    @Atlan_daGonozal, in which display mode are you playing? Fullscreen or Windowed (Fullscreen)? Does the mouse behavior change if you change the display mode?

Fullscreen. Haven't tried changing that. I try and see what happened.
    Do you use a gaming/configuration software that is specific to your mouse, e.g. the Logitech Gaming Software for Logitech mice? If so, is it on the newest version available?

I use a Mac and it is a standard mouse and trackpad attached. It has worded fine for a long time. The problem only appeared 2 … 3 weeks ago.

• duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    Similar here, instead of restarting etc., this one just presses esc a few times, waits a few seconds (not a big deal when a city, a nightmare when fighting) then tries cursor mode on/off and then moves a bit (or any combination thereof)

Annoying as old sweetrolls
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me as well. I know it's going to happen because the game will start without sound. If I start the game and there is no music, then I know that the client will be stuck in cursor mode. There is a connection between the two somewhere.
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    A similar things just started happening very frequently to me today after the patch.

I say similar because although it still displays the 'open crosshairs' and I can move about, when I move the crosshairs over an object to interact with it (usually immediately after a battle), the cursor doesn't change so I can press E to actually do anything. The only option has seemingly been to log out and back in again....unless there is a better option.

I've had to log out and back in again about 5 times today already, which is a bit of a pain
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭
    I've had to log out and back in again about 5 times today already, which is a bit of a pain

I have noted that is happens more often when TimeMashine (Mac User) makes a backup. So as work around I stop a running backup before starting the game. Which seems to fix the problem.

If you are a Windows user you might what to look out for other hard drive intensive background jobs.
  • stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would try Windowed mode. I started playing on Mac in Windowed mode ages ago and never switched back - there seem to be a bunch of minor issues like this that don't happen at all in Windowed mode. While I sometimes have the cursor switch to the system cursor, clicking on the window and moving always seems to restore it.
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    Having some webpage open with java(script) / flash active (or some kind of animation / ads running in the background) also seems to bring up that cursor issue for this one. Closing browser usually get's rid of it again in short order. But it's a heck of annoying to having to do so anytime when having looked up something at fextralife etc.