Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Banks and Bag Space - This is the WORST storage system ever

SybleyStarfire
I have never spent so much time in an MMO trying to manage my inventory. Like many others, I've had to create alts to act as banks. (I never had to do this with any other game. I always had adequate storage) The crafting system is clever; but I can't enjoy it because every acquisition I get has to be dealt with so carefully. Should I keep it and hope I can get one later? I'm only level 7 in crafting and already my bank and alt are stuffed with the items I need to craft. I've purchased both bag and bank slots but the next upgrade might as well be 3 million gold. I am constantly struggling with money because instead of creating items; one levels your craft by deconstructing - so there goes much of the revenue I could get from selling them. And yes, I've been swapping with friends. It helps, but it seems an "idiot" thing to do for a game that tries to instill a feeling of "reality". We log on and off of these bank alts and swap items instead of crafting and just stuffing things in the bank. I love Guild Wars 2 crafting system. We all had dedicated crafting banks and could easily purchase affordable bank/bag space. If ESO wants us to enjoy their clever crafting system; then give us the resources to be able to craft like "real" instead of spending hours swapping items and logging into toons!
  • otomodachi
    otomodachi
    ✭✭✭
    Felt like it was a decade old. Maximum five items per trade window? Have to cycle through menus to go between personal/guild banks? Can't destroy items in your bank?

Having a dense system because it's robust is great, but it didn't feel that robust to me.
    What do you gain by criticizing a CSR complaint?
  • Menelaos
    Menelaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be most useful to have a separate resource bank like in GW1. The amount of space your crafting materials take up is just plain ridiculous; and having all your character slots eaten up with inventory mules might not be what ZOS/Beth had in mind when they designed it. This needs to be addressed as well as improved Guild Store search and filter options.
    ...und Gallileo dreht sich doch!
  • otomodachi
    otomodachi
    ✭✭✭
    Menelaos wrote: »
    It would be most useful to have a separate resource bank like in GW1. The amount of space your crafting materials take up is just plain ridiculous; and having all your character slots eaten up with inventory mules might not be what ZOS/Beth had in mind when they designed it. This needs to be addressed as well as improved Guild Store search and filter options.

AFAIK trying to filter guild store for materials is just show all, strongly agree.
    What do you gain by criticizing a CSR complaint?
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine plays FF online and we got talking about bag and inventory space. He was horrified when I told him how few ESO had and what I had to spend (both in game and real money) to obtain more. He said he had Bag Space by the hundreds in FF.

So why does ESO feel the need to penalise players with such minute Inventories? I shouldn't have to create mule characters, mail items to friends or spend extra cash purchasing what should be already be in the game of necessity - it is, after all, an RPG.

I gave up feeling remorse over the dozens of worthwhile items I Destroyed just to fit in a couple of extra high priced armour items I'd found while far from town. So now, instead of Crafting, I buy the few items I need because I just don't have the Bag space to carry all the items I find. Treasure Maps, Motifs, Bound Trophies? Forget it! I Destroy them all. I've even put stuff in Guild Banks in the hope that someone with access can withdraw and use the items rather than Destroy them. I just wish someone would repay me with info on where I can find Garlic, Beets and Cheese, lol.

Anyway, rant over.

• kupacmac
    kupacmac
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, the inventory space in ESO is just too limited. They really should have separate inventory and/or bank space for crafting materials.

I personally found the best way to maximize space if you're a crafter is to do provisioning, alchemy, and enchanting on separate alts. You will need to get them to level 15 or so (plus skyshards) to get enough points to max out their crafting skills. So those alts serve as both mule (for the mats they need) and crafter.

The equipment crafts you can do on your main, but I went so far as to create an alt for them also. You'll want to do all equipment crafts on the same character to keep from having to get the motifs multiple times, and to save on trips to the special crafting tables. However, be aware that you will need to spend time leveling up this character, both for the points as well as access to the special crafting tables. I'll usually log mine on, knock out a few quick quests, then go back to my main.
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    Lol.. Yeah..
    And the most expensive lol
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!