The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Races Passive changes

Moridin82
Moridin82
✭✭
@ZOS_RichLurkbert

Wanna know about Nord beeing able to do alot dps as Nord not just tank. wanna be a Nord in Trials
When can we get some more info about this ?
Psn Ervik82 Eobonheart Pact
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any race can do Trials-quality DPS, if you have the right build, gear, rotation, etc. Will you be #1 DPS? No. But Altmer and Dunmer will never be #1 tank, either. However, you can most definitely complete Trials and Vet DSA with an Altmer tank and a Nord DPS and a Redguard healer and other non-ideal combos.

So if your main concern is that you will not be able to DPS endgame content as a Nord, don't worry about that. But if your concern is that you will not be #1 on the Leaderboard, that is a legitimate concern. And I do not see Nord ever becoming the top DPS race. Cold resistance, damage resistance, bonus health. The Nord race is about survivability. Which is not always the worst thing in a DPS. When the glass cannon DPS dies, you can rez them. Which is actually really useful! Having the healer stop healing to do a rez, or the tank stop blocking to do a rez, can lead to the whole group wiping.

You can also be a hybrid DPS/Tank. Those come in really handy in some endgame content. If the main tank dies or if there are powerful adds that require a second tank, a DPS who can flip to sword and shield on his off-bar and tank in an emergency is a necessity.
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So the Nords have no offensive passives, and are set up to be purely tanks, and their weapon proficiency is the two handed weapon... The main DPS weapon of the game...
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    http://fearisfailure.enjin.com/forum/m/32090361/viewthread/22225602-brutal-assassin-nb-stam-build My friend does around 20k dps with a Nord Stam NB. Better than a lot of other ppl with "better" races
    Options
  • Moridin82
    Moridin82
    ✭✭
    Still think the nord should have some dps + dps stuff. Maybe you lockout a passive and go dps or more hp. But couldent take both.
    Psn Ervik82 Eobonheart Pact
    Options
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's strange that the Ebonheart Pact has two tanky races and then the Dominion has two sneaky races. All three at least have a magicka race. The Ebonheart Pact has by far the weakest racial passives between the Nords and Argonians. It's amazing that their player population is so high.
    Options
  • Armann
    Armann
    ✭✭✭
    If I got to choose an offensive passive it would be called "Blessing of Kyne" that increased stamina and shock damage. Purely selfish reasons of course.
    EU megaserver | XboxNord Nightblade | Ebonheart PactImperial Dragonknight | Ebonheart PactDunmer Sorcerer | Ebonheart PactDunmer Warden | Ebonheart PactOrc Necromancer | Daggerfall CovenantAltmer Templar | Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Darkeus
    Darkeus
    ✭✭✭
    So the Nords have no offensive passives, and are set up to be purely tanks, and their weapon proficiency is the two handed weapon... The main DPS weapon of the game...

dark elfs have dual wield proficiency and are just fire mages...
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darkeus wrote: »

They have increased stamina which increases their damage with duel wielding abilities.
    Options
  • Darkeus
    Darkeus
    ✭✭✭
    Darkeus wrote: »

They have increased stamina which increases their damage with duel wielding abilities.

a mediocre stamina fighter or best firemage in game? hard choice...
    Options
  • Aerathnor
    Aerathnor
    ✭✭
    Junkogen wrote: »
    It's strange that the Ebonheart Pact has two tanky races and then the Dominion has two sneaky races. All three at least have a magicka race. The Ebonheart Pact has by far the weakest racial passives between the Nords and Argonians. It's amazing that their player population is so high.

Well, preorders can play any race/any alliance so it doesn't necessarily matter. People that preordered are more likely to be the min/maxers, folks that came after may simply not care about racial passives.

EP has dark elves, which are always popular pretty much no matter the game. They also have the "Barbarian" human race which is generally fairly popular as well.

A lot of TES players remember Skyrim/Morrowind fondly and want to be there again (never mind you'd actually spend more time there as AD in VR's). Skyrim also portrayed AD as "evil" so people not up on the Lore of 2E AD don't realize that they aren't the Thalmor and just avoid the AD anyway (again, never mind that Dunmer are slavers).

I personally will always be a Bosmer fan, yet I'm playing Bosmer in EP because I don't care much about being in the "elite" PvP alliance, and I have never liked Altmer, so I want to spend as little time as possible in their zones (I can choose to go to Valenwood post Caldwell's Silver, if I was DC I'd have to play through the whole AD line). DC also has High Rock, which I really love as a zone and don't mind going through as my Silver runthrough. Also, higher pop means easier to find groups for general leveling, and there will always be guilds doing endgame in every alliance, so even if AD or DC has more of them, I'll be able to find groups on the EP side by simple vurtue of population.

I'm getting to the point of rambling though. In the end, the number of people that will "Play what they want" will always outnumber the people that "play what's best" so until large numbers of more casual players leave you'll likely have an EP advantage in population.
    Options