Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Prisoner of Jathsogur - Defend the Silvenar Bugged

legitring
legitring
Any way to fix this so i can move on? Been standing in this room for a 2 hours.
  • Kylarstern91
    I spent 6 hours there yesterday...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The few times I have had a quest glitch, abandoning it and restarting sorted it. Even when it was fixed later in a patch.

For the record, I have done this quest on 3 characters and never had an issue, so that is why I would suggest the abandonment and restart.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Stephanie_ABT
    Stephanie_ABT
    ✭✭
    Tried abandoning and restarting, quest still bugged for me......I was 8 hours last night either standing in the room or abandoning and restarting. It didn't make a difference for me. PS4 here.
    Delphine Veteran Rank 16 AD Sorcerer.
    GM Guild Timeless Circle
    Ex PS4 EU Now PC EU
  • Kylarstern91
    Same as above for hours each day for the past 4 days. Abandoning does not work
  • CuriousTraveler
    If stuck on this quest you will need to get everyone in the room where the Silvernar is to leave and go out far enough. To where it states you failed the quest and then all go in and complete the quest.
  • CuriousTraveler
    And to be very clear, every single Player will need to get out of the room. And when you are out of the room every player needs to get far enough away to where it says you have failed the quest, we went to the a spot straight out the door, the small fenced in area
  • futurewarcult
    futurewarcult
    Soul Shriven
    This is a game breaking bug that has been going on for days and they havent even included it on their known errors post. They dont care, they got our money already.
  • SirRealGhost
    If the Trolls stop attacking the spawn so Real Gamer's could finish the Quest it would be easy but you have to let them spawn let them go down stairs and do what they have to do down stairs then kill them and free him and quest is over but NO you have No life lil kids ruining the game for everyone ESo has to do something with people like that like ban them for a few days ....
  • SirRealGhost
    bump
  • Drizzt720
    Drizzt720
    Soul Shriven
    Please fix I've been stuck here for days..
  • SirRealGhost
    Ok the way it worked for the GROUP I was with to make it was FOR EVERYONE to go outside and reset the quest so it says talk to him .Then walk up to door and see if it does not change if it dont change then all go in go down stairs and kill her and the Orcs and wow its done .."BUT EVERYONE HAS TO STAY OUTSIDE TO MAKE IT WORK "
    Edited by SirRealGhost on June 22, 2015 3:12AM
  • SirRealGhost
    bump
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    We are aware that some players are having difficulty completing the quest "The Prisoner of Jathsogur." As a temporary workaround, players must allow the enemies that appear upstairs to travel downstairs before they are attacked to complete the quest.

We are currently investigating this matter and hope to have an update as soon as possible.

If you feel someone is griefing you can report them, but bear in mind they may not realize they're causing a problem. Players may run upstairs because no one is coming down, and then inadvertently contribute to the problem.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose the same thing is happening with Stibbons in that deserty-party place in Coldharbour, btw, he won't move at all.
  • SirRealGhost
    If EVERYONE goes OUTSIDE and WAITS by the tree (look up at my first post)(I know its hard for all the ADHD players to wait ) but let the enemies spawn then go in and go down stairs and kill them >NO ONE WILL COMPLETE the quest if they don't go outside and wait ....
    Edited by SirRealGhost on June 22, 2015 7:21PM
  • SirRealGhost
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    We are aware that some players are having difficulty completing the quest "The Prisoner of Jathsogur." As a temporary workaround, players must allow the enemies that appear upstairs to travel downstairs before they are attacked to complete the quest.

We are currently investigating this matter and hope to have an update as soon as possible.

If you feel someone is griefing you can report them, but bear in mind they may not realize they're causing a problem. Players may run upstairs because no one is coming down, and then inadvertently contribute to the problem.

The best way if any way possible is to have Game Maters in the room to explain to the ADHA players It took me 3 days to get mine done .....
  • chrystalwhite
    If EVERYONE goes OUTSIDE and WAITS by the tree (look up at my first post)(I know its hard for all the ADHD players to wait ) but let the enemies spawn then go in and go down stairs and kill them >NO ONE WILL COMPLETE the quest if they don't go outside and wait ....

There is no way to do that cuz no one ever listens
    Aldmeri Dominion, European server.

Aedric spear Templar V1
    Playstation 4
  • BigPotato
    BigPotato
    Soul Shriven
    I just think it's a huge disappointment this glitch made it into the game :neutral:

There I was getting totally immersed, really really enjoying every second of questing and lore with my first character... then I get to this quest and the wind is taken out of my sails!

I was all ready to look into ESO plus (and possibly other crown store purchases too!), and now I don't feel like playing at all.

Is there no ETA on a fix?
  • usula
    usula
    ✭✭
    This quest may not be bugged technically, but it was not designed for massive group play. It requires the ability to communicate to a large group of random players popping in and out of the room where the NPC spawns to indicate NOT to aggro the NPC and move as a group downstairs or out of aggro range. What complicates the quest even more is everyone's pets that are also part of the quest. Unfortunately it is almost Impossible to communicate to a bunch of random players especially if a good majority of them are not wearing headsets or are just plain jerks. There is not even a way to communicate with a chat bubble on the PS4 version. So many of us are stuck on this main quest in the AD faction that I don't understand why it's not being addessed.
    Yes you can skip the quest and thereby not get the faction title or reward, but it also impedes the progress of the same quest line through Reapers March so it is a big deal for many players who actually like to follow the storyline and not just level. Zenimax please address this. Thanks.
  • MexicanMurrican
    I just want to know when to expect an update on this. I sat there from 12 to maintenence last night, waiting. Enjoyed everything up to this point, but this is infuriating.
    NA PS4 Megaserver - MexicanMurrican - Dunmer Nightblade [EP], Khajiit Nightblade [AD]
    Thunderbird - Guild Leader
    "Diplomacy is the art of lying for your alliance."
  • Flint1985
    Flint1985
    I had an email from customer support stating they believe the latest patch has fixed the issue with this quest although on looking through the notes there was no sign of the quest mentioned. Is the problem still present? I can't get online until tomorrow afternoon
  • MexicanMurrican
    The problem is still present from everything I've seen.
    NA PS4 Megaserver - MexicanMurrican - Dunmer Nightblade [EP], Khajiit Nightblade [AD]
    Thunderbird - Guild Leader
    "Diplomacy is the art of lying for your alliance."
  • Orifter
    Orifter
    Soul Shriven
    Such a epic fail game is broke
  • TrueEyes
    TrueEyes
    This is a repost from the other article but want to make sure everyone sees this.

Okay to clear up a few points lets go with helping the devs help the programmers to help us.

This whole deal with where your standing inside the building is hogwash from the get go. This bug never had anything to do with where your standing. This bug arose from one thing and one thing only, which consequently is one of the best things about the game.

The ability to simultaneously complete quests with others ie...If two people are trying to kill the same boss monster for the same quest and one of them kills it right as you walk in the room you still get quest completion status.

Now I hate making guesses but if I had to I would say what happened with this quest is one person came in and bugged out the quest by doing a particular part out of order or quitting during the middle of it, then once they came back on everyone else got trapped into the same bug in a mass pileup that could only be fixed in one way, everyone fails the quest and goes back in at the same time. Problem being youll never empty that room of everyone.

To you Devs..Gina, Jessica, Brian.......You now have two instances....One goes as such

You log on and have defeat the silvanars captor, at which point you walk inside and Dragonias never spawns no matter where anyone stands. In this instance the silvenar is never visible at all downstairs.

Second instance is the same as everyone has reported. You can teleport to another city and get defeat the silvenar captor status to trigger. Or simply go outside to the tree and trigger Talk to the silvenar. Either way the second you approach the door again you will immediatley go back to Defend the silvenar. In this particular instance Dragonias does spawn but fails to trigger the spirit from the purple stone which goes downstairs. In this instance at all times the silvenar is visibly standing up downstairs.

Until the code can be rewritten for this I think ESO should have a game master in there coordinating, I know thats not a preferred solution but it is a solution.

Gina I hope this helps and is there a reason your known console issues page hasnt been updated in the quests section with this, seems like practically the biggest problem on the game other than login issues.

If anymore info is required please ask at any time.
  • Triskwood
    Triskwood
    What TrueEyes said. Some GM assistance would be greatly appreciated. It's horrible that this had to happen to a main quest, of all things. I hope it gets fixed, so my partner can finish it too.
  • mpec82
    mpec82
    I finally complete the quest, room is empty atm.
  • TrueEyes
    TrueEyes
    If you say so....I've been to both instances and they each have like 50 people in them
  • Sagarra05
    Sagarra05
    Damn all the ppl who cant listen!!! Wasted 3 hrs in there... i never finished the quest.
    Excuse my english... not my main its my alt..
  • Adamsy
    Adamsy
    And to be very clear, every single Player will need to get out of the room. And when you are out of the room every player needs to get far enough away to where it says you have failed the quest, we went to the a spot straight out the door, the small fenced in area

kinda hard to do with no fecking chat window cos half the morons online just don't watch the emote prompts or even bother with the sh*tty voive chat.
  • T3N4C1OUS
    T3N4C1OUS
    Here's how I completed the quest. I logged on early in the morning ran in ahead of a group of people trailing me. I entered the room quest status was 1) enter the prison or w/e and 2) defeat the silvenars captor (doesn't change to defend the silvenar when you enter) upon entering the 1) objective is completed then I kill dauginas (sp) right at her spawn (doesn't go downstairs) it worked this way and triggered the ghost to go downstairs which then gave me the next step to talk to him. After this waves of enemies spawn. Nobody was in the room when I initially went in but by the time I was killing the boss of the waves there were a good 5-10 people and all got completion. Took less than 5 minutes.