Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need Help Questing Please =>

IOUAT
IOUAT
✭✭✭
I could use some help questing. It was easy at first but now I appear to be dying much more often. I could use some friends to help me. I have at least 3 or 4 but they are kinda unreliable at the moment :/ I'm aldmeri dominion on x1 . also kinda running out of quests so If you have any to share that would be cool. Prefer persons 18 and up. Don't have to have a mic but if you like to talk or gab that's fine too guys or gals don't matter :)
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm asumintg you are on console (cause of the mic remark) so can't play with you (tip:Ö for these kind of requests you should also state your megasers. e.g.: NA-XBOX or EU-PS).

Off course it is always more fun to run with friends and it makes questing easier, but keep in mind that you can and should always be able to quest alone.Most open world content (excluding dolmen and bosses) is soloable and even considered to be doable with easy. So if you are having issues you likely are making mistakes with the way you have setup your character.

So specially when playing with others, it would be preferable if they don't have to drag you. I would advice you to seek help with the reasons why you are dying this often first. You can find some good guides and builds online, but you can also post it here,

If you are VR11 or up and questing solo in craglorn, forget everything I've said!
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    I'm asumintg you are on console (cause of the mic remark) so can't play with you (tip:Ö for these kind of requests you should also state your megasers. e.g.: NA-XBOX or EU-PS).

Off course it is always more fun to run with friends and it makes questing easier, but keep in mind that you can and should always be able to quest alone.Most open world content (excluding dolmen and bosses) is soloable and even considered to be doable with easy. So if you are having issues you likely are making mistakes with the way you have setup your character.

So specially when playing with others, it would be preferable if they don't have to drag you. I would advice you to seek help with the reasons why you are dying this often first. You can find some good guides and builds online, but you can also post it here,

If you are VR11 or up and questing solo in craglorn, forget everything I've said!

Yeah I said I was on x1. But yeah am on NA server....

So your saying it's my character then? I'm level 26
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

Probably...If you are having difficulty soloing while questing (not something like group dungeons or world bosses), then there is probably something going on with your character build or your understanding of the game mechanics. Most of the open world content is designed to be done solo.

It could also be that you are under-leveled for where you are questing. What level are the quests you are trying to complete?In general, if you do all of the content on a map, you should be on level or over-leveled for most content. If you are finding that the quests you are doing are above your character level, then you've probably missed a bunch of quests along the way. and it may be beneficial to go back and try to find them.

What's your character build? What is giving you the most problems when fighting? Maybe we can help...

Edited by Allyhoo811 on July 9, 2015 8:18PM
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

Probably...If you are having difficulty soloing while questing (not something like group dungeons or world bosses), then there is probably something going on with your character build or your understanding of the game mechanics. Most of the open world content is designed to be done solo.

It could also be that you are under-leveled for where you are questing. What level are the quests you are trying to complete?In general, if you do all of the content on a map, you should be on level or over-leveled for most content. If you are finding that the quests you are doing are above your character level, then you've probably missed a bunch of quests along the way. and it may be beneficial to go back and try to find them.

What's your character build? What is giving you the most problems when fighting? Maybe we can help...

there all level 26 i think im doing the quests in cyodill. and im not sure what a build is honestly not for this game at least .
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

there all level 26 i think im doing the quests in cyodill. and im not sure what a build is honestly not for this game at least .

and i didnt think i was having any problems until i started dying more often ..
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm...Cyrodiil is the PVP area. Are the NPC enemies killing you or is the other human players who are there? In PVP other players can get critical hits on you, which do a ton more damage than you might be used to. NPCs can't score critical hits and are easier to deal with in general.

Hopefully, someone else can jump in and give you some more advice about questing in Cyrodiil. I don't PVP all that often and haven't done a lot of questing in Cyrodiil yet, despite playing for over a year, so I'm sure there are lots of other nuances I'm not considering.

Also, a build is the way you have your character setup. It consists of your class, race, skills, gear, how you've allocated your attribute points, what mundus stone you are using, etc :)
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm...Cyrodiil is the PVP area. Are the NPC enemies killing you or is the other human players who are there? In PVP other players can get critical hits on you, which do a ton more damage than you might be used to. NPCs can't score critical hits and are easier to deal with in general.

Hopefully, someone else can jump in and give you some more advice about questing in Cyrodiil. I don't PVP all that often and haven't done a lot of questing in Cyrodiil yet, despite playing for over a year, so I'm sure there are lots of other nuances I'm not considering.

Also, a build is the way you have your character setup. It consists of your class, race, skills, gear, how you've allocated your attribute points, what mundus stone you are using, etc :)

wth is a mundus stone? well since i dont even know ehat that is i t prolly means im not using one :/ ... and its the npcs thatare giving me a hard time :/...im a sorcerer thats pretty much all i know :/ and im moslty using the restoration staff trying to level it up so i can get the ability where i can siphon life from enemies make it easier for me health wise. and i put most of my attribute points in magkica and health ...and i just put watever gear on i find i guess :/
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and im moslty using the restoration staff trying to level it up so i can get the ability where i can siphon life from enemies make it easier for me health wise.

Ahh, that explains it, the Restro Staff is not an offensive weapon. Use a Destro Staff for the mobs, then swap to the Restro Staff when turning in the quests. Then you will level your Resto Staff just fine. In fact, get a Staff with the Training Trait on it, improve it to Blue or even Purple and keep it until you get the staff to 50.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    and im moslty using the restoration staff trying to level it up so i can get the ability where i can siphon life from enemies make it easier for me health wise.

Ahh, that explains it, the Restro Staff is not an offensive weapon. Use a Destro Staff for the mobs, then swap to the Restro Staff when turning in the quests. Then you will level your Resto Staff just fine. In fact, get a Staff with the Training Trait on it, improve it to Blue or even Purple and keep it until you get the staff to 50.

idk waht u mean by training trait ? and if i switch it out wont my destrcut staff not get any expereice since u only get experience from quests? does using the staff to kill enemies give me any exp on it whatsoeever or no?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

idk waht u mean by training trait ? and if i switch it out wont my destrcut staff not get any expereice since u only get experience from quests? does using the staff to kill enemies give me any exp on it whatsoeever or no?

All experience, which you also get xp from killing mobs, counts.. So your destroy staff will still level.

You can research traits and then craft your own staff (I have video guides linked in my signature about that), or you could find or buy a resto staff with the training trait on it.

You are right that only the active bar receives xp, but you will get xp when your out actually doing that quest.. You get xp for opening xhests, discovering places, and killings things :)
    Edited by MissBizz on July 9, 2015 10:58PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

All experience, which you also get xp from killing mobs, counts.. So your destroy staff will still level.

You can research traits and then craft your own staff (I have video guides linked in my signature about that), or you could find or buy a resto staff with the training trait on it.

You are right that only the active bar receives xp, but you will get xp when your out actually doing that quest.. You get xp for opening xhests, discovering places, and killings things :)

ok soo where do i buy this staff with the trait ur talking about? and what staff ? a restro staff with trait or a destro staff with trait?
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Fighters Guild in the area around your level, a vendor there should sell a green or blue restoration and destruction staff with training trait.

To learn more about traits, visit these websites:
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Traits
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Training

There are 3 types of destruction staves.
    1 Flame
    2 Ice
    3 Lightning

Flame gives more damage, so try to buy a flame destruction staff if possible.

Fokus on getting the skills:
    Force Shock - morph it to Crushing Shock
    Weakness to Elements - morph it to Elemental Drain
    Impulse - morph it to Elemental Ring

-Crushing Shock is very good for single targets, it doesn't cost much and you can weave with it. It will also stun enemies that are channelling or casting spells. The stun doesn't work on all bosses, but it works on most mobs.

-Elemental Drain is good to cast, to be able to give extra damage on bosses, or sustain your magicka with mobs.

-Elemental Ring is a very good aoe to kill mobs with.

You mentioned that you are sorcerer. If an enemy is really hard for you to handle, use your sorcerer pets in that fight.
    Not all quests are shareable, and some are only possible to do solo. Try to do the main story, fighters guild and mage guild quests if you have any left, because they are only solo.

Also, I wish you good luck finding a good partner to level up and quest with :)
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like you've gotten a lot of good information :)

One more thing that might help...In regards to mundus stones: They are the large monolith-type structures scattered around the various zones (with names like the lady, the mage, the warrior, etc.). When you find one, you can use it to gain a buff (things like increased health, increase magicka regen, etc.) that lasts until you select a different mundus stone.

Info about all of them can be found here elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Mundus+Stones
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could use some help questing. It was easy at first but now I appear to be dying much more often.
    Get used to it. ;)

Kidding aside, a quick question: did you go to Kennarthi first? You should have talked to Sweet Paws after you left the boat. She ferries you to the island, and this is the "real" tutorial (Coldharbour wasn't really much).

By the time you leave, you should be no less than level 5. It's also a good time to focus on what you want to do. It's a great "training ground" to test out various things.

During this time, you'll start earning exp to unlock skills. These kills are a must, if you have any chance of survival. This isn't Skyrim, so if you're just LT'ing enemies until they die, you won't last long. Map the skills to your buttons and/or LB and RB, and practice using them.

You also want to ensure your armor is up to par. Every hit you take, you'll lose armor rating, and if you die, this loss increases. Craft your own armor and weapons every even level. For odd levels, pay a merchant to repair it.

Once you are done with Kennarthi island, head back to Velkul Guard. There, you'll see the "black arrows" of quest givers. Do all of them in the area, as most are simple, but gain you exp. Once you clear these up, you get to start working with Queen Ayrenn.

After you leave VG, it's exploration time! Start making a "wide area" radius from left to right, then move north on the map. These keep quests near your level, and most can be easily cleared.

Skills + leveling armor and weapons will become second nature, and you won't be dying as much.

Hope this helps!

PS: I'd like to offer assistance, but at level 46, this won't help you considering I can pretty much one-hit kill everything at your current level. To gain exp, you must have at least one hit on the enemy.

Good luck and hope to see you around. :)

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    You also want to ensure your armor is up to par. Every hit you take, you'll lose armor rating, and if you die, this loss increases. Craft your own armor and weapons every even level. For odd levels, pay a merchant to repair it.

Just to clarify, this is not actually how the armor rating of equipment works in ESO. Your armor rating is not going down because you get hit or die. In ESO you lose armor rating by earning experience. You could go around the map, never die or take hit, and still end up with broken armor from killing mobs, questing, and exploring. Anything that earns XP degrades your armor. Might not make the most logical sense, but that's how it works lol
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Go to Fighters Guild in the area around your level, a vendor there should sell a green or blue restoration and destruction staff with training trait.

1 Flame
    2 Ice
    3 Lightning

-Crushing Shock is very good for single targets, it doesn't cost much and you can weave with it. It will also stun enemies that are channelling or casting spells. The stun doesn't work on all bosses, but it works on most mobs.

-Elemental Drain is good to cast, to be able to give extra damage on bosses, or sustain your magicka with mobs.

You mentioned that you are sorcerer. If an enemy is really hard for you to handle, use your sorcerer pets in that fight.
    Not all quests are shareable, and some are only possible to do solo. Try to do the main story, fighters guild and mage guild quests if you have any left, because they are only solo.

wow thanks for all the info.. u seem like u know ur stuff why not u be my partner?
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like you've gotten a lot of good information :)

One more thing that might help...In regards to mundus stones: They are the large monolith-type structures scattered around the various zones (with names like the lady, the mage, the warrior, etc.). When you find one, you can use it to gain a buff (things like increased health, increase magicka regen, etc.) that lasts until you select a different mundus stone.

Info about all of them can be found here elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Mundus+Stones

oh you mean those rock like structures they had in skyrim the guardian stones?
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    I could use some help questing. It was easy at first but now I appear to be dying much more often.
    Get used to it. ;)

Kidding aside, a quick question: did you go to Kennarthi first? You should have talked to Sweet Paws after you left the boat. She ferries you to the island, and this is the "real" tutorial (Coldharbour wasn't really much).

By the time you leave, you should be no less than level 5. It's also a good time to focus on what you want to do. It's a great "training ground" to test out various things.

During this time, you'll start earning exp to unlock skills. These kills are a must, if you have any chance of survival. This isn't Skyrim, so if you're just LT'ing enemies until they die, you won't last long. Map the skills to your buttons and/or LB and RB, and practice using them.

Once you are done with Kennarthi island, head back to Velkul Guard. There, you'll see the "black arrows" of quest givers. Do all of them in the area, as most are simple, but gain you exp. Once you clear these up, you get to start working with Queen Ayrenn.

After you leave VG, it's exploration time! Start making a "wide area" radius from left to right, then move north on the map. These keep quests near your level, and most can be easily cleared.

Skills + leveling armor and weapons will become second nature, and you won't be dying as much.

Hope this helps!

PS: I'd like to offer assistance, but at level 46, this won't help you considering I can pretty much one-hit kill everything at your current level. To gain exp, you must have at least one hit on the enemy.

Good luck and hope to see you around. :)

ohh i thought as long u were in the general arra u obtained exp ;O ...and yeah i did go to kennarthi after coldharbour. and left to right to north? i just went in al directions O_O and idk how to craft so o.o well not armor and weapons
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

1 Flame
    2 Ice
    3 Lightning

Hey I got force shock and weakness to elements cuz the last one I can't get till then staff is level 38 but it won't let me use them? I assigned them a spot but there both greyed out no matter how I switch them around. I even tried a weapon swap and still no dice: /
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow thanks for all the info.. u seem like u know ur stuff why not u be my partner?
    I have finished 95% of all quests available in the game already, and I only play on pc version, EU server in the Aldmeri Dominion :)
    Hey I got force shock and weakness to elements cuz the last one I can't get till then staff is level 38 but it won't let me use them? I assigned them a spot but there both greyed out no matter how I switch them around. I even tried a weapon swap and still no dice: /
    You can not cast the skill without having an enemy to aim it at. To test it, slot the skills - go out and find an easy target, sneak preferably and aim at them with your mouse - the skill should be lightened up and you can cast it.

PS: no need for sneaking, it is just easier to do so, so you get time to look down at your bar, and see when the skill lights up.

• IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    I have finished 95% of all quests available in the game already, and I only play on pc version, EU server in the Aldmeri Dominion :)
    You can not cast the skill without having an enemy to aim it at. To test it, slot the skills - go out and find an easy target, sneak preferably and aim at them with your mouse - the skill should be lightened up and you can cast it.

PS: no need for sneaking, it is just easier to do so, so you get time to look down at your bar, and see when the skill lights up.

i dont have A mouse o.O
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont have A mouse o.O

Sorry I forgot .... aim with your controller then. Try to turn toward the enemy.

.....just the thought of playing without a mouse Q_Q
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on July 11, 2015 10:02PM
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

i dont have A mouse o.O

Sorry I forgot .... aim with your controller then. Try to turn toward the enemy.

>_> the thought of playing with one! >_>
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

i dont have A mouse o.O

>_> the thought of playing with one! >_>

are u sure its not just bugged? >>
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    are u sure its not just bugged? >>

Bugs are always possible, but it isn't a bug I've ever heard of. Both force shock and weakness to elements require a target to use and (as @failkiwib16_ESO said) will appear greyed out without one. Many skills in the game will appear greyed out without a target.