Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healer Class Help Request

delphwind_ESO
delphwind_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello ESO community,

I am looking for some specifics on the various healing builds out there and their practical effectiveness in large scale PvP and raid environment PvE.

I played a Templar healer in Beta, the benefits of playing a Templar as a healer are rather obvious and there are a plethora of guides out there to peruse through.

My request for help is actually focused towards the other classes and their healing builds.

I have read through various posts and build suggestions, some seem interesting, some people swear a NB healer can do just as well as a Templar. What I am looking for is actual raid/pvp experience from people that have been there:

Can any other class honestly preform as well as a Templar in LARGE SCALE PvP and PvE RAIDS?

Thanks!
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so. Templars are the only class to have an entire skill line devoted to healing.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • delphwind_ESO
    delphwind_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the skill line is very good, but there has to be some merit to those people making guides and builds for the other classes, or are they just running through content over geared (or with a ton of CP) and face roll healing it with a sub-par healing class?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    From someone whose main is a Templar healer:

In my experience, there is a good deal of merit of running a NB or Sorc healer. I don't play one personally, but I have seen players who are very successful at it.

The downside seems to be that NB and Sorc healers have to be more proactive because they do not have the burst healing of Templars to fall back on. I feel like you have to be more aware of when large damage spikes are going to occur and make sure you have prepared for that in advance.

JMHO, but I think a person would probably have to be a more skilled player to be a successful NB or Sorc healer, but I wouldn't necessarily say that they would be less effective.

• Barkingllama
    I play a Dragonknight Healer. With Igneous Shield, you'll have a small spamable shield with no target limit. Pairs extremely well with the ultimate Barrier. As a Dragonknight, you restore extra ultimate by activating earthen heart abilities (which you'd be spamming), activating a weapon damage buff for allies, and giving yourself a short term buff that boosts all your heals by 30%. When you activate an ultimate as a DK, there is a passive to restore a sizable amount of magical health, and stamina in return.

The only real drawback I feel that Templar healers have over me is healing allies well spread out.